Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

sHoNi's Vampire Overhaul - [Island Paradise Update! Please redownload! New functionalities added!]

by shoni89P Posted 21st Nov 2010 at 2:53 AM - Updated 25th Jun 2013 at 1:30 PM by shoni89P : Update for 1.55 & Island Paradise EP + added new functionalities

578 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 386 Feedback Posts, 191 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 24
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#126 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 7:27 PM
so do i download all the files or just one! im so confussed!
Test Subject
#127 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tgriffplayer88
so do i download all the files or just one! im so confussed!

On the Overview page toward the bottom, it lists what all the files are and what they do so you can pick and choose what you do and don't like. If you like the sound of them all then you would download the Vampire Overhaul FULL.zip and it will contain everything. If you only want a few things, then you download those specific ones. The Bite files are the only ones that there are variations of, depending on how you want your vamps to bite others-there are details as to what each of them does in the description.
Test Subject
#128 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shoni89P
Hi =)
I presume you are not using the full version aren't you? If you use the split versions, you have to download the sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_Thirst package because that is the one which includes that functionality. Pm me if you have more issues.

I'm using the full version and my sims continue to burn in the sun when they are vampire. Please help me 'cause I really want to use your fantastic mod completely!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#129 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dachri2010
I'm using the full version and my sims continue to burn in the sun when they are vampire. Please help me 'cause I really want to use your fantastic mod completely!!!

This must be a compatibility issue I am afraid. Check with Delphy's Dashboard Tool for incompatibilities and remove the conflicting mod. Post here your result (or pm me) so that I can see what I can do for a potential compatible version.

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make the change" [Michael Jackson]

VISIT MY DEVIANTART GALLERY FOR VIDEOGAME-BASED ARTWORKS!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#130 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MidgetCarnies
Hiya Shoni, messed around a bit more with the bite stuff and still having probs. I'll pm you the details.

Regarding bite animations, etc, I was just wondering if I would still be able to bite at 0 relation(I like that part) without any change in the animation-just all on the wrist(since I'm having all this trouble, lol). But since it's all in the same file I see that it's not possible. Np, not asking for any extra work to be done, just trying to understand the files

I don't see a "moodlet" pkg, closest thing I see is the Buffs.zip, and yeah I do have that one installed. I use Twallans Story Progression, which is the only thing I should have that has any sort of moodlet modifications for vampires in it so perhaps it's that. This is pasted from his mods info page(I hope he doesn't mind):

Added check for "MadlyThirsty" buff to the "MoodCheck" scenario
"TooMuchSim" is now dropped on all inactives, because they are stupid and don't know to stay indoors

I assume he meant "TooMuchSun". If so, this is the only things I see relating to vamp buffs and could possibly be the culprit. Though it just relates to inactives it seems and the old buff is appearing on my -active- sim. *shrugs*

PS-Thanks by the way, for all the work you've done with this mod, I'm sure it's not easy to do and we all appreciate it. I especially appreciate that you so readily respond to everyones questions, confusions etc. :D

Hi MidgetCarnies =)
I am posting right now another fix for the standard bite version (full version as well). Re-download and see if your biting issue is still appearing. I think I found out what was causing some users this issue. Post here (or pm me) your result, your feedback is much appreciated =) Have a nice day (apart from snow here in Italy )

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make the change" [Michael Jackson]

Lab Assistant
#131 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 9:37 AM
Hi =)
I am sorry to hear that but my mod has nothing to do with it: as I wrote in the main post, the altar DOES NOT FREEZE the thirst bar, only other needs: in fact, if you make a thirsty vampire sleep there, tis no wonder he/she woke up and died starving. Try to make your vampire sleep when sated

It was a visiting vampire, sleeping over, in a normal bed. Iv'e never seen them that hungry before, i had to wake visiting vampires up a few times to avoid them dying..Not sure anything can be done about it. Thanks for the seperating the files, great share!!!
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kontekop
nu uh

this is what is written:

it is the bite_always_neck that you mean.
the regular bite one is for the description above..

Ok sorry
Test Subject
#133 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 11:44 AM
Hey there. You have done such a good job with this mod, it is amazing. Thank you so much

But there is one thing missing that i really really need and am hoping you could help me with. When a sim changes into a vampire, i dont want their skin or eyes to change colour. Can this be modified? If so, can you please please do it for me? I am happy to donate!!!!?

Thank you x
Test Subject
#134 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 3:29 PM
This must be a compatibility issue I am afraid. Check with Delphy's Dashboard Tool for incompatibilities and remove the conflicting mod. Post here your result (or pm me) so that I can see what I can do for a potential compatible version.

Yeah, it conflict with auto same sex romantic social but all the rest of the mod works just the sun thing doesn't work. If you can do something, do it but if not i'm just gonna say thanks to you for this wonderful mod!!!
Dachri 2010, a canadain sims 3 player
Test Subject
#135 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 7:43 PM
Hi again Shoni,
Tested out the new standard bite file and it seems to be working great now, thank you. The only same gender biting seems to be on people like tourists, but you said something about gender preferences not being set for sims like that so it's understandable. Out of curiosity, what types of sims does this affect and at what point do they get their gender pref set and how? Is it done by the game at a certain point, or by the interaction done with them? I bit a maid who seemed to have their pref set, because my character bit on the wrist, so I'm just wondering how the mechanic works.
Test Subject
#136 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 1:31 AM
Hi Shoni, I like the idea of your mod, but I want to know, if it is possible to make a new lifetime reward which will help vampire to walk under the sun? For example, it will cost 30000-50000 points and vampire will walk under the sun even if he's thirsty.
Also, the part of your FULL mod which should allow vampire to go out during the day doesn't work for me - my Flandre has a nearly 100% thirst meter and still is Heating Up. I don't use any mods which conflict with your mod, and there are no core mods or even scripting mods in my game. The only one hack is NoMosaic. Everything else is working.

Also I have one idea for mod, but its implementation could be tricky - it would be fantastic for vampires to have an umbrella to go out on sunny days.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#137 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 11:21 PM Last edited by Groosalugg : 4th Dec 2010 at 2:27 AM.
thanks for the mod its great. i noticed you said its not yet a core mod, are you planning to make it a core mod in the future? i really hope you don't do so because many players including me are using awesome mod for it amazing features and fixes.

btw you forgot to edit the xml file for the buffs vampires still get the "heating up" moodlet for 3 hours and then get the "too much sun -50" for 2 days. also i have been playing with the full version and it seems that vampires always bite on the neck
Test Subject
#138 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Groosalugg
thanks for the mod its great. i noticed you said its not yet a core mod, are you planning to make it a core mod in the future? i really hope you don't do so because many players including me are using awesome mod for it amazing features and fixes.

btw you forgot to edit the xml file for the buffs vampires still get the "heating up" moodlet for 3 hours and then get the "too much sun -50" for 2 days. also i have been playing with the full version and it seems that vampires always bite on the neck

I agree with not wanting it to be a core mod. I myself don't have any core mods-I just refuse to use them-I use Twallan's stuff. Two versions at that point would be nice, a core and non-core. I think more things can be changed with a core mod, but I'd be fine with a dumbed down version just to be able to stay away from that.
Test Subject
#139 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 8:35 AM
Since installing the Awesomemod latest update I keep getting the 'heating up' moodlet every time my vampire goes outside, regardless of his thirst, then it disappears after a second or two, then it comes back; repeat, for the whole time he is outside.
I also get a 'it's a well known fact vampires don't like the sun' story message to accompany it. It's really annoying, and happens so much that I can't keep up with closing the story messages. I eventually removed your mod, as I like Awesome's feature's too much. Is there any way to fix this? As I *really* like this mod, the vampires are so much more interesting.

Also, I agree that it shouldn't be a core mod, unless somehow compatible with Awesome.

Oh, and a 'Daywalker' lifetime reward is a great idea.
Test Subject
#140 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 12:02 PM
I've just updated to 6.1 and installed Awesome. It's really awesome, and I don't have a bug like sidhe. My vampire still can't go outside without "heating up", but it doesn't disappear and reappear. Maybe DayWalk simply doesn't work in FULL version of this mod? I'll try standalone versions and tell you how it works.

Still want the DayWalker lifetime reward.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#141 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 1:33 PM
Hi again Shoni,
Tested out the new standard bite file and it seems to be working great now, thank you. The only same gender biting seems to be on people like tourists, but you said something about gender preferences not being set for sims like that so it's understandable. Out of curiosity, what types of sims does this affect and at what point do they get their gender pref set and how? Is it done by the game at a certain point, or by the interaction done with them? I bit a maid who seemed to have their pref set, because my character bit on the wrist, so I'm just wondering how the mechanic works.

Hi =)
I am glad this biting issue is finally fixed for everyone =). The gender thing works this way: when a sim is created from scratch the base gender preference set is -1 for same gender and +3 for opposite gender. The more you interact romantically with an opposite gender sim, the more the gender preference becomes higher/lower for opposite/same gender. The same happens viceversa.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#142 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 1:36 PM
I agree with not wanting it to be a core mod. I myself don't have any core mods-I just refuse to use them-I use Twallan's stuff. Two versions at that point would be nice, a core and non-core. I think more things can be changed with a core mod, but I'd be fine with a dumbed down version just to be able to stay away from that.

Hi =)
I am trying to enhance vampires functionalities even more (like those things written in the mod-wishlist) and to do such things, the basic tuning is not enough. Should I succeed on making a core mod, it will be presented separately, the standard overhaul will stay non-core. =)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#143 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidhe
Since installing the Awesomemod latest update I keep getting the 'heating up' moodlet every time my vampire goes outside, regardless of his thirst, then it disappears after a second or two, then it comes back; repeat, for the whole time he is outside.
I also get a 'it's a well known fact vampires don't like the sun' story message to accompany it. It's really annoying, and happens so much that I can't keep up with closing the story messages. I eventually removed your mod, as I like Awesome's feature's too much. Is there any way to fix this? As I *really* like this mod, the vampires are so much more interesting.

Also, I agree that it shouldn't be a core mod, unless somehow compatible with Awesome.

Oh, and a 'Daywalker' lifetime reward is a great idea.

Hi =)
I am sorry to hear that, but I do not use Awesome Mod anymore (do not like some features, the constantly need for update every while, and some of the creator modus-operandi. I used to use AM previously, but not anymore) and such if there are real conflicts between my mod and Pescado's, try to ask him to make a compatible version. I am sorry to say this, but I cannot fix every single compatibility issue with other mods of the world =) I use all of Twallan's mods and there are no issues with these ones. I like Twallan's mods more than AM personally.

About the lifetime reward....You caught my curiosity! I will surely see if I can do this =) Thanks for the idea.

Test Subject
#144 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 9:30 PM
Hi, really love this mod, but immortality does not seem to work for me, everything else works though. do the vampires have to age up into immortality or is it supposed to kick in when a young adult turns vampire?
also, is it supposed to change already existing vampires to immortals?

thanks
Test Subject
#145 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 10:15 PM
Hi =)
I am sorry to hear that, but I do not use Awesome Mod anymore (do not like some features, the constantly need for update every while, and some of the creator modus-operandi. I used to use AM previously, but not anymore) and such if there are real conflicts between my mod and Pescado's, try to ask him to make a compatible version. I am sorry to say this, but I cannot fix every single compatibility issue with other mods of the world =) I use all of Twallan's mods and there are no issues with these ones. I like Twallan's mods more than AM personally.

About the lifetime reward....You caught my curiosity! I will surely see if I can do this =) Thanks for the idea.

OK, NP. Thanks anyway, and for taking time to reply.
Test Subject
#146 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bongo_brother
Hi, really love this mod, but immortality does not seem to work for me, everything else works though. do the vampires have to age up into immortality or is it supposed to kick in when a young adult turns vampire?
also, is it supposed to change already existing vampires to immortals?

thanks

Vampire children will age up to young adult stage, where at that point, they will be immortal and the age bar will say 0. Young adult and older Sims who are turned into vampires should become immortal once they turn. Existing vampires who are older than young adult when you put the mod in will remain in that life stage permanantly (mature adult/elder).
Test Subject
#147 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 4:33 AM
Does it let you have hybrids? (Ie. Mummy-vampire, simbot-vampire?)
Test Subject
#148 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 5:19 AM
I don't mean to be a bother, but I was wondering if you could separate out just the part of the mod that allows flirting lead to bites? It seems like kind of a moot point to seduce the victim at all when any relationship over 0 gets a bite. Plus, I love the idea of this change.

Thanks again for this awesome mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 9:42 AM
Oh damn...this is the coolest mod for vampires that I ever seen! Thank you for that, good job! But I want to specify: if "Immortally" has the option that includes minimal chances to die from every reason except of fire and thirst? It would add to this mod part of reality. I hope that You have the same thoughts about it.
Test Subject
#150 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 3:23 PM
Hi =)
I am glad this biting issue is finally fixed for everyone =). The gender thing works this way: when a sim is created from scratch the base gender preference set is -1 for same gender and +3 for opposite gender. The more you interact romantically with an opposite gender sim, the more the gender preference becomes higher/lower for opposite/same gender. The same happens viceversa.
hi do you mean with for everyone that it should work for me aswell or for people that dont have other mods? cause Im no9t sure if it will still conflict with discover traits (from the extended tunable game core mod) I read everything but cant seem to read something that makes it clear for me.
Page 6 of 24