Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gardener Service - v2.3 (4th May 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:14 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 11:25 PM by douglasveiga

736 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 448 Feedback Posts, 287 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 30
Inventor
Original Poster
#176 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alundra
Hey Douglasveiga

I did as you asked. In fact, I removed all custom content and then it dawned on me that I was supposed to test your mod so I had to restart ha ha :D. Blonde I am!

I can confirm that it does happen without ANY custom content (cleared caches too), only using your mod. On a brand new game as well. I'm not sure why it happens, but maybe it has something to do with having many plants, many of the same plants, or interrupting their actions? I have another video if you would like to see without mods, same thing happens .

if you use the Cancel Interaction the npc is "vanished", but "auto-gardening" was removed in the 1.13 version, according to your video it's still working, so i think you are using the old version (1.11~1.12).

the problem you described "They WILL NOT grow or die. Gardeners do not interact with them because they say they're at harvest but they cannot be harvested because the option is not there!" existed in the 1.11 and 1.12 Gardener NPC Mod, but was fixed in the 1.13.
Field Researcher
#177 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 6:16 PM
I'm 100% sure I'm using the latest version. I downloaded it when it was attached, and again when you updated. I'll redownload and test again .

I don't know what auto gardening is, but I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow .

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Forum Resident
#178 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 7:34 AM
Love this mod.
Just not so in love with the outfit, can we change the custom outfit of the gardener?
Test Subject
#179 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 4:38 PM
I'm 100% sure I'm using the latest version. I downloaded it when it was attached, and again when you updated. I'll redownload and test again .

I don't know what auto gardening is, but I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow .

HI Alundra, I encounted problems w/my gardener, never with "broken" plants but with the gardener not showing up then the rest of my NPC were broken...problems on and on. So this is what I had to do...
I saved my sim; closed out game and went in deleted my saved game, deleted the garden mod. Went back into game placed my sim in premade home, gathered some seeds around town, bought some from the store and used buydebug for the rest. Planted everything (I use Dolphin26 magic gardening gnome, I turned that puppy on high). Saved game, downloaded the gardener mod v1.13, went back into game order up the gardener and everthing worked great. No problems since.
I know it's a lot of back and forth but it worked. In no time I had all perfect plants and my game runs very smooth. And all my NPC came back!!
I have a ton of mods and cc in my game (I never took any of them out while doing all of this) and everything is working fine.
I hope this helps alittle...Good luck!
Inventor
Original Poster
#180 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 8:22 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 19th Nov 2011 at 9:13 PM.
great tip! maybe for some reason your (Alundra) game got corrupted. testing with a new family can solve it.
Field Researcher
#181 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 2:05 PM
I did test with a new family, you told me to and that's what I did. I removed all my saves and CC.

Also I'm pretty sure someone said they have the same problem. I havent had a chance to test with the version out now yet, ran into a heap of work. Did you test it?

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Test Subject
#182 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 4:32 PM
I did test with a new family, you told me to and that's what I did. I removed all my saves and CC.

Also I'm pretty sure someone said they have the same problem. I havent had a chance to test with the version out now yet, ran into a heap of work. Did you test it?

Hi Alundra, after starting a new game I downloaded the v1.13 and it works just fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#183 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 4:54 PM
Wow wow, very impressive! And very useful, but could you please update it for Sims 3 Pets. Please please with sugar on top.
Top Secret Researcher
#184 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mona1977
but could you please update it for Sims 3 Pets.

Umm... What ?

This mod was released AFTER the Pets Patch, and does state in the Overview that it is compatible with Patch 1.26 .

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#185 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 10:11 PM Last edited by September : 21st Nov 2011 at 10:33 PM.
Hi douglasveiga,

I have installed your mod "Gardener NPC - UPDATED v1.13" (last version: Updated 11th Nov 2011 at 01:51 AM by douglasveiga) in my game (=Sims3 with all addons and kits).
This mod was useful at the beginning and I built a big garden; it was useful for 3 sims days only, and after that the two gardeners stop coming.
Additionnaly to this, when they came, they follow them and wanted to do exactly the same thing at the same time in the garden... Not really useful to have 2 gardeners in these conditions.
And more than this I don't know what they do with the fruits of the money trees?
Despite I cancelled the service by the phone, and I recalled the service, it doesn't work anymore. Also, as this was your advice, I have tried one more solution: to cancel the service, and wait for two entire days sims, and recall the service... It doesn't work.
Now, I'm waiting for the plants in the garden to die and I will retire your mod.
Surely, there is a problem with it.

This was installed in my game alone at the beginning, and with your mod for Dancers after one day.

Regarding the children, when the bus going to school arrive, I can't no more stop the child to go to school, even if I want him to finish something before going in the bus (I try to cancel the action to go to school, but it doesn't work). He goes to school anyway.

I noticed this problem with children after I installed your two mod (dancers and gardeners); so I don't know after which of your mods installation it occured.

Thanks for your feedback about this?

Thanks to have given a trial to this mod, it was a very good idea.
Inventor
Original Poster
#186 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by September
Additionnaly to this, when they came, they follow them and wanted to do exactly the same thing at the same time in the garden... And more than this I don't know what they do with the fruits of the money trees?

these problems were solved in the 1.11 and 1.12 version, i know you already downloaded it, but make sure about it, download 1.13 version.
Field Researcher
#187 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 2:49 PM
It's not doing it when I cancel anymore but it is still when I play. I'm not sure why. It's a new save and everything .

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Test Subject
#188 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 3:53 PM Last edited by September : 22nd Nov 2011 at 5:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
these problems were solved in the 1.11 and 1.12 version, i know you already downloaded it, but make sure about it, download 1.13 version.

Hi douglasveiga,

I verified which version of this MOD I have downloaded.

The name of the download is: "MTS_douglasveiga_1247710_Gardener_service_NPCversion1.13"

I have not downloaded another version than this one.

I can add that in my game, I have these MODS installed too:

Treeag - AutoTestingCheatsEnabledTrue
Treeag - BookofTalent
velocitygrass_nomosaic_1_26
NRaas_Overwatch

And that's it.

Thanks again for your help.
Inventor
Original Poster
#189 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 5:19 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 22nd Nov 2011 at 6:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by September
Hi douglasveiga,

I verified which version of this MOD I have downloaded.

The name of the download is: "MTS_douglasveiga_1247710_Gardener_service_NPCversion1.13"

I have not downloaded another version than this one.

I can add that in my game, I have these MODS installed too:

Treeag - AutoTestingCheatsEnabledTrue
Treeag - BookofTalent
velocitygrass_nomosaic_1_26
NRaas_Overwatch

And that's it.

Thanks again for your help.

ok, i think the problem is really weird, because it was solved in the last update.

try this, when comes 2 gardener, (click on the npc) "fire" ONE of then, he will be "vanished", wait another day to see if the problem with the "double tasking gardeners" was solved.
Inventor
Original Poster
#190 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 5:30 PM
It's not doing it when I cancel anymore but it is still when I play. I'm not sure why. It's a new save and everything .

hummm, ok, i know it's difficult but i need to make a deep review in my code and sims3 to see if there are any kind of conflict between the base npcs and mine, to find the solution, and it can take several days.

try to play without the gardener and i will call you when i get the final solution.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 1:10 AM
Hey, I just wanted to say how awesome this mod is and didnt feel like the thank you button wasnt enough.
Field Researcher
#192 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 6:19 AM
Well I have a butler if that makes a difference? I also have a maid (Cause I'd rather the butler cook and my house is so huge a butler can't do it all).

Maybe check what happens when they vacate the lot? Also what happens if there's a plant that does die or need harvest/fertiliser and a non NPC beats them to the punch? My sims always fertilise their plants so there's never any to fertilise for the gardener.

If there's ANYTHING I can do to try to help you figure this out please let me know, I would really love to help you fix it! I'll keep trying to find some sort of trigger in game as well .

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Inventor
Original Poster
#193 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 10:06 AM
Quote:
My sims always fertilise their plants so there's never any to fertilise for the gardener.

maybe thats the problem, if the gardener can't reach the minimum (40% of the total non-fertilized plants), so he cant leave the lot autonomously (until 17PM), but i don't think this can "broke" your plants.

actually, your plants are still "broke" (-ing) ???

Quote:
a non NPC beats them to the punch?

i don't know what it means.
Inventor
Original Poster
#194 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sylverlyf
Hey, I just wanted to say how awesome this mod is and didnt feel like the thank you button wasnt enough.

Field Researcher
#195 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 11:44 AM
My plants are still breaking yes...and they are hanging around until late.

What I meant was if my sim fertilises/harvests/revives before the gardener can or before they get to the plant, could that be the reason? Maybe they're on route to the plant but my sim gets there first or something?

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Inventor
Original Poster
#196 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 12:17 PM
My plants are still breaking yes...and they are hanging around until late.

What I meant was if my sim fertilises/harvests/revives before the gardener can or before they get to the plant, could that be the reason? Maybe they're on route to the plant but my sim gets there first or something?

if the gardener can't find any task or reach a plant that he was supposed to garden, than he will start hangout in your house until +-17PM.

please, let the gardener do the gardening tasks to see what happens.

ohhh my god! i think i found the problem! :D
Field Researcher
#197 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 12:35 PM
YAY!! What is it?! :D

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Inventor
Original Poster
#198 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 12:45 PM
YAY!! What is it?! :D

yes, the problem happens if the garden is too large and the gardener can't finish all the tasks, so he "Magically garden" everything, so i found the bug. i forgot to put the "post harvest verification" to see if the plant can produce more or not, so plants become barren without changing his State, that's why the plant become mature but can't produce anymore.

i think i didn't get it before because my garden is small, and the gardener always finish his work.
Field Researcher
#199 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 1:00 PM
Oh okay! I'm a seriously heavy duty gardener so it was CONSTANTLY happening to me lol. Really glad you know what it is now :D.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Field Researcher
#200 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 9:06 AM
AWESOME!! I had already cancelled the service in anticipation! It was also very late and I was exhausted so I saved and quit lol.

I've cleared caches. Put the new version in the game. Now it's time to PLAY! :D

------------------------------

I don't know if it was your mod or not but all of my game options were reset. I also updated my graphics drivers but I don't know if that would have also reset my game settings too, such as agespan, lessons, volume levels, etc. The resolution and graphics options I can understand.

I've not had plants break yet, but gardeners keep trying to go to the same plant.

I'll keep testing tomorrow :D.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Page 8 of 30