Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

28 Tribal Māori Tā Moko Tattoos

by cyclo_tripz Posted 19th Mar 2013 at 10:09 PM - Updated 13th Jun 2013 at 12:51 AM by cyclo_tripz : changed terminology

98 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 82 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 11:46 PM
Thank you! I have been thinking about making some Samoan-style tattoos for my Niua Simoan sims, but I haven't gotten around to it yet (and who knows if I ever will), so it is nice to have these available.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 12:42 AM
Kia ora, nice to see Ta Moko in game, both as a a kiwi and because they are becoming one of the most popular tattoo's to get around the world, great job...
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 7:50 AM
i don't know which folder should i put the file :/ please,help
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 5:18 AM
Oh my, these are beautiful.:O
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 1:26 AM
How dare you call the Maori "tribal Indians"?

That is grossly offensive. The Maori are nothing like the Indians of America. Bah! I hope no whānau see that because that is entirely inaccurate and downright rude.

I encourage you to educate yourself about Maori culture before talking about it. Please change that description with all due haste.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 9:17 AM
I love these tattoos and would like to have some of these in my real life. Amazing work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 12:53 AM
I changed the terminology. Sorry about that, I just came back from a long hiatus. Please refrain from setting me on fire.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files

A Psycho'sTrip ✦ Stay in Wonderland and I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 1:31 AM
beautiful!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 4:01 PM
Been looking for some more nice tats - Thanks! And congrats on the feature!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 8:36 PM
Nice job thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 9:56 PM
Which folder do i put the file into?? someone please help me im LOST _-_
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 2:08 PM
Great work! Looks awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 3:22 AM
When I read the title of this mod, I was worried it was more cultural appropriation. I'm glad to see that this mod was created by someone that's both informed and respectful. And thanks for the great content!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 7:46 AM
These are awesome, if only you made some for sims 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 1:09 PM
Excellent tattoos! Need them for the cooler Sims :p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 6:26 PM
I really like this one. keep up the good work. it's going to look great on my guy sim
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 7:55 AM
I am from New Zealand, and I think you have done a great job of these. They would make any Maori person be proud of your work, I'm a pakeha but I am very impressed
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 9:21 PM
neat stuff
Test Subject
#44 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 6:47 PM Last edited by kronos9116 : 8th Oct 2013 at 7:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dweedle_Dude
How dare you call the Maori "tribal Indians"?

That is grossly offensive. The Maori are nothing like the Indians of America. Bah! I hope no whānau see that because that is entirely inaccurate and downright rude.

I encourage you to educate yourself about Maori culture before talking about it. Please change that description with all due haste.

Good god man they made a mistake, It happens get over it! Unless you are Maori you have no right to get that indignant! How ever if you want to be a total butt monkey hows this? I am Lakota Sioux and we take offense to you calling us Indians not a one of us are from India! I encourage you to educate yourself about Native American culture before talking about it.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#45 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 7:50 PM
I downloaded this exclusively for the Scorpion tattoo but they are all beautiful, thank you :)
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 7:27 PM
Awesome
Thanks for these cool tattos!
Test Subject
#47 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 6:04 AM
Being a New Zealand Maori tattoo artist myself, I can identify with only a few of these designs being traditional Maori tattoos, some NOT at all (we don't do scorpions because they aren't native to NZ) because they're mostly Pacific/foreign tribal tattoos, but this is still cool!! It's about time I'm able to add a Ta Moko to my Sim now. lol. If you are from NZ, kia pai to mahi!!
Test Subject
#48 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 6:52 AM
Default CORRECTION!! Only 5 Traditional & 7 Modern Ta Moko (16 designs are NOT from NZ)
Quote: Originally posted by missownz
Being a New Zealand Maori tattoo artist myself, I can identify with only a few of these designs being traditional Maori tattoos, some NOT at all (we don't do scorpions because they aren't native to NZ) because they're mostly Pacific/foreign tribal tattoos, but this is still cool!! It's about time I'm able to add a Ta Moko to my Sim now. lol. If you are from NZ, kia pai to mahi!!

After looking at the pics, I realised that there are only 5 traditional and 7 modern Ta Moko designs shown and therefore, falsely misleading people in to believing that they are all from NZ. Although I admire your work. Please quit with the false representation! With reference to pictures 1-7, 16 designs are NOT Ta Moko from New Zealand. See below:

NOT TA MOKO FROM NZ (16 designs)
Tribal
Complex Turtles
Supernatural Taniwha
Dolphin Turtle Stingray
Bird
Sun God
Polynesian Tribals
Scorpion
Turtle
Sun Tribal
Stingray
Coffin (Death is sacred/taboo to Maori! We don't pictorialise it, let alone tattoo it on someone's body.)
Facial - Two (Asian tattoo)
Kauwae - 1,2&3 (Asian tattoos)

TRADITIONAL TA MOKO (5 designs)
Full Design
Tomb
Waves (usually for chest/arms only)
Facial - 1 only
Kauwae - 4 only

MODERN TA MOKO (7 designs)
Sun Icon
Modern
Samoan Mix 1&2 (with Samoan/Maori bloodlines)
Polynesian Mix (with Poly/Maori bloodlines)
Warrior
Facial - 3 only
THANKS POST
#49 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 7:29 PM
obrigado
THANKS POST
#50 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 10:22 AM
Although i appreciate this i am a little apprehensive, well a, some of the tattoos aren't really on par with traditional designs, and b, i dislike the idea of people using this who don't understand the sacred power behind a ta moko, or how ever stroke represents a part in To Haerenganui (your great journey).
Page 2 of 4