Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mod Conflict Detector [Update 03/03/2018]

by DmitryMalfatto Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 1:23 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:01 PM by DmitryMalfatto

965 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 543 Feedback Posts, 421 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 32 of 39
Inventor
THANKS POST
#776 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 1:54 AM
Thank you very much for your post, and especially for this amazing work!!!! Good luck with your job and the move. It is never easy to move house, but I hope it is an enjoyable experience for you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#777 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 2:43 AM
This is by far the most helpful mod for the game. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#778 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 9:03 AM
Forgive me if this has been asked already, but there were just so many pages of the thread to sort through.
I'm not exactly sure how this works and would like a little input. I know the developer is no longer working on this, but perhaps people who use this program can answer some questions for me:
1. How do I know when the scan has completed? (the scan bar looks full but there is still movement on the bar and I still have some "not analyzed" cc)
2. How exactly can I deal with the duplicates and conflicts. For instance, it tells me I have duplicates of a file but when I right click, there is no option to disable (it is grayed out and unclickable). If I try to view the file in the folder, there is only one file and no duplicates evident. Or in some instances, when I click "disable" it disables all of the items instead of just the one I selected.
3. If something is listed as a "game mod" does that mean it is a problem?
4. How can I tell what something is conflicting with and how to fix it? For instance, I have khitsule_pointy_ears.package when I click to see conflicts it lists several files that are not analyzed and when I select duplicates it lists Lary_BraceletGoldCitrineRecolor.package twice. Does that mean those are duplicates of the ear mod?
5. Will duplicate items cause the game to crash or not start?
I'm really very confused by this program, although I greatly appreciate it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#779 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:13 AM
thanks bud.
Test Subject
#780 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suceress
Forgive me if this has been asked already, but there were just so many pages of the thread to sort through.
I'm not exactly sure how this works and would like a little input. I know the developer is no longer working on this, but perhaps people who use this program can answer some questions for me:
1. How do I know when the scan has completed? (the scan bar looks full but there is still movement on the bar and I still have some "not analyzed" cc)
2. How exactly can I deal with the duplicates and conflicts. For instance, it tells me I have duplicates of a file but when I right click, there is no option to disable (it is grayed out and unclickable). If I try to view the file in the folder, there is only one file and no duplicates evident. Or in some instances, when I click "disable" it disables all of the items instead of just the one I selected.

I can answer the first two only.

1. The program does not analyze unsupported formats and also some supported ones can be cause an error when scanning, not sure what is the reason. As far as I know the supported formats is package, s4script and zip, if MCD skips other formats it's normal.
If the scan does not end, make sure that there are no error messages in the left panel with red icon (the program will indicate their name and path to them) I just clean them up and the scanning process works correctly.
Everything is finished when the entire bar is full and there is no text on it, which informing you about the scanned path. If this is not enough, right at the top there is a message about "Last Scanning" with the time and date, it appears immediately after the operation is completed.
2. Filter the files by their "Conflict" and view the "duplicated" list carefully, there is always indicated both files and they have the same names. Choose which one you want to remove and delete it, I do this manually clicking on the file with the right mouse button and selecting the option "Show in Folder"

I hope the text is readable, with translators it is not always possible.
Test Subject
#781 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 11:02 PM
I get this error which I'm assuming something is wrong Server Error and Unable to load game components disabled by user??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#782 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 6:08 PM
This comes in handy for finding bad mod combinations.
Lab Assistant
#783 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 2:39 AM
Hmmm. Seems several mods conflict with themselves. Doesn't make for a very useful mod. Works about as good as the one for Sims 3. Nice try though.
Lab Assistant
#784 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MickDanger
Hmmm. Seems several mods conflict with themselves. Doesn't make for a very useful mod. Works about as good as the one for Sims 3. Nice try though.

Im having the same problem with this detector.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#785 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 11:17 AM
Thanks for hard working!
Test Subject
#786 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 3:22 PM
Default same here.
Quote: Originally posted by darkfox89
I get this error which I'm assuming something is wrong Server Error and Unable to load game components disabled by user??

Any replies?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#787 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 3:12 AM
Dima, spasibo Vam!
Test Subject
#788 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 12:59 AM
Hello! Can you please put a link up for the previous version too? I liked that one better
Test Subject
#789 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 7:34 AM
Is it still works fine? Cause i can't load the program beyond initial screen saver since a week.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#790 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 11:49 AM
Hello.
Where is the repository?
Test Subject
#791 Old 3rd May 2018 at 7:47 AM
I Prefer The Original Format
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#792 Old 3rd May 2018 at 5:58 PM
Thanks for doing amazing work. Good luck on your future eandeavors!
<333
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#793 Old 6th May 2018 at 12:19 PM
I see the "Unable to load game components disabled by user" too, what does it mean?
Test Subject
#794 Old 6th May 2018 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mgekrc
I see the "Unable to load game components disabled by user" too, what does it mean?

well, I've found it under the Settings - advance user mode - load game components
Test Subject
#795 Old 6th May 2018 at 4:08 PM
Default BLocked!
Not sure if it's just my computer being super protective or the mod itself presenting an actual threat, but when I go to download the mod...I automatically get shut out and I get a Trojan detected message and blocked download. I was able to upload this earlier this year but for whatever reason I removed it and was returning to add it back but now I'm met with this. Can someone help me figure out what's wrong? Is anyone else having these type of messages? Is the mod working at all?
Lab Assistant
#796 Old 9th May 2018 at 5:37 AM
[QUOTE=darkfox89]I get this error which I'm assuming something is wrong Server Error and Unable to load game components disabled by user??[/QUOTE
idk for sure! but try running this program as administrator... by right clicking it and hitting it it will start the program and all files should be editable/usable

Im travis tremonti on tso no longer travis b and live in bf im gf of tremonti mafia : )
Test Subject
#797 Old 15th May 2018 at 8:04 AM
I hope someone else continues development on this application. The user will no longer be developing it unfortunately.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#798 Old 19th May 2018 at 10:15 AM Last edited by Petr54 : 19th May 2018 at 10:26 AM.
Последняя версия дает ошибку "Невозможно загрузить компоненты игры. и т.д....." Застревает на половине, если какой-то мод не понравится, чаще всего скрипт. Нет игнорирования конфликтов вида 0xХХХХХХХХ-0x00000000-0x0000000000000000, которые конфликтами не являются. Смысл ставить проверку на модификацию игры, когда в окне пакеты игры с надписью "Не сканировался." .. Версия хуже предыдущей. Платформа Windows 7. Откатился до старой версии 1.9.10. Она самая рабочая. Те же ошибки с нулевыми конфликтами, но зато нет новых. И есть копирование ресурсов, которое убралось у новых версий. Дима, плохо поработал.
Lab Assistant
#799 Old 22nd May 2018 at 9:08 PM Last edited by buitefr1 : 22nd May 2018 at 9:31 PM.
Default good tip to get this working
Quote: Originally posted by Sander
The mod does actually work. I HAD the same issue as all of you. The exe file was coming up that it had stopped working, I tried going into properties and running the exe in compatibility mode etc, but still the same issue. But I found a fix for me and hopefully you guys too. All you need to do is download the modconflictdetector9063 zip folder on the download section of the mod, extract it to a folder, I made one on my desktop called 'MCD'. After that just run it with or without admin and it'll work. Hope this helps, and be sure to let me know if it did. PS i do NOT have windows XP i use latest update of windows 10.

Thanks, this helped a lot.

some remarks:

• It took quite some time to run. (appr. 5 min)
  • all merged packages are noted as conflicts
  • some package files I'm sure that they are not conflicting, are stated as such (but this was also the case with the previous version)
  • very handy to find your duplicates
  • also handy to find strange (not package) files f.e. Sims3
Test Subject
#800 Old 23rd May 2018 at 10:30 PM
its in different language how do i switch it to English
Page 32 of 39