Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 10:28 PM
Default Bug with files that should work
I downloaded a packaged lot the other day and opened clean installer. It went through my downloads folder fine until all of a sudden it stopped and I got this error:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Paramater name: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

and then a bunch of other weird stuff, lol.

So I had to go through all my downloads to find the problem file, and I took it out. But the thing is, I just downloaded a set of items from a very reputable group, the medieval set, which seem to work fine with everyone else. I don't have any EP but that isn't supposed to matter. For a few items in this set, I also got this same error and had to go through and take them out. I don't understand why this is happening or what on earth it means, and how to fix it so I can use these objects. I don't think it's that they were badly made or anything. Anyways if anyone knows about this or could help me out, that would be so appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I've discovered something odd- all the files, except one that I'm not sure what it is, are windows. o_0

(Moon_Ez Out Of The Dark Ages - 2 Storie Church Style.package
lethes-mesh-cathedralwindow2story.package
lethes-mesh-rosettewindow.package
lethes-mesh-lothlorienwindowstraight.package
lethes-mesh-lothmansardestraight.package) <the files that cause this error
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 6:34 AM
Someone might have better advice, but I would suggest downloading again. If .zip or .rar it could have corrupted, but still extracted as if it was fine. I've gotten a few from here that were bad on first attempt or totally. It happens.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 3:34 AM
Hmm, ok I'll try that. I'm not sure it'll work, because them all being windows suggests to me that there might be something else wrong, but I appreciate the advice. Hope I can get them to work!

'Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.' - J. R. R. Tolkien
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 7:31 PM
Could you post the entire error message?

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 5:34 PM
Default me too
I am trying to clone the guitar. When I try to import the obj file back in, no changes to it, just import the same file back in I get the message, I hope you can help!! Thanks so much. here it is:

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index SimPE Version:
Default (0.58.2.20950).

Exception Stack:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcImporterBase.BuildGroup(ImportedGroup g)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcImporterBase.ProcessLists(ImportedGroups grps)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcImporterBase.LoadGroups()
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.AbstractGmdcImporter.Process(Stream input, GeometryDataContainer gmdc, Boolean animationonly)
at SimPe.Plugin.fGeometryDataContainer.StartImport(OpenFileDialog ofd, GeometryDataContainer gmdc, String defext, ElementSorting sorting, Boolean animationonly)
at SimPe.Plugin.fGeometryDataContainer.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Source:
mscorlib

Execution Stack:
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcImporterBase.BuildGroup(ImportedGroup g)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcImporterBase.ProcessLists(ImportedGroups grps)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcImporterBase.LoadGroups()
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.AbstractGmdcImporter.Process(Stream input, GeometryDataContainer gmdc, Boolean animationonly)
at SimPe.Plugin.fGeometryDataContainer.StartImport(OpenFileDialog ofd, GeometryDataContainer gmdc, String defext, ElementSorting sorting, Boolean animationonly)
at SimPe.Plugin.fGeometryDataContainer.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)