Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 9:25 AM
Default bit confused about installing..
hi, um..
i've just started on this and just downloaded sims2pack clean installer.
when i open a file up with the installer, it doesn't show up.
the box is just blank.

so what i've tried is opening up the installer, clicking "directories" and then selecting the folder that my packages are in.
they show up now (hurray!) but the install button has disappeared.

help?!
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 10:44 AM
The Clean Installer has two alternative operational modes:

1) Install stuff: it is activated automatically when you double-click on a .sims2pack file. You don't have to previously start the program, if you want to install stuff.

2) Check the Downloads in search of duplicates, game overrides etc. This mode is automatically selected when you start manually the program and browse to a folder. The Install button is deactivated because in this mode you are not supposed to install anything, but only scan the existing packages, already installed in your game.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 8:22 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 6:57 AM
oh and i should add.
the files i have are PACKAGE files..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 11:45 AM
Yes- read the links in my post above and you will see that package files do not need installing by the Clean Installer- that is why the option is not there. You just put them in your Downloads folder, and as you have discovered you can view and move/ delete them with the CI.