Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 4:25 PM
Default Problem on the format .s3asc and .mcfg
In the tutorial here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=363856
It says that you need to import a .mcfg file into Milkshape 3D using the Sims 3 Object Importer by WesHowe.
But in my case, I can only import the .s3asc file instead of the .mcfg file. I'm using the Object Import v0.20.

What problem is that? (or is this a problem?)

In the first place, I ignored the problem. But after all the texturing and things, and imported the .package into the game, I found that there isn't even a slight change on the model I edited.

So I read through the tutorial again and found that the file I edited is the .s3asc file, not the .mcfg one. So, I opened a post to ask the question...

And thus, if it is not the problem of the format, then what coursed the model in-game not looking like the one I made?

And lastly, as I'm not a native English speaker, there may be Grammar mistakes and things like that. I apologize for that....
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 7:11 PM
Did you recompile it correctly, or open it after recompilling and descompiling? (just to check) Did you import the correct files into the sp3e, and then saved?

Ah, and you need to import the .s3asc (there will be only one), not the mcfg. (I guess you have the newest plugin, do not you?)

If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it's run over by a car, you don't want it.
Alchemist
#3 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 8:51 PM
Yes, the latest version (and one or two prior) import the .s3asc files directly. Originally, you did open the .mcfg, but all that the importer did was save part of the filename and check on how many groups were in the mesh, and then it read the .s3asc files anyway. I just took some of the overhead out.

I would edit the tutorial and fix some of the tweaks that have occurred since it was written, but I didn't write it, and since I am not a moderator I have no edit privileges on anyone else's posts.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 11:29 PM
I'm sure that I have recompiled it correctly, and I have decompiled it to check and the model is really there. And I'm also sure that the files in S3PE is correct and saved.

But also, thank you for both of you as I'm no longer confused on which file should I import. But... I still don't know why the model in-game is not the one I made...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 12:02 AM Last edited by 268276 : 29th Sep 2009 at 11:40 PM.
Oh! Well, it's a careless mistake, I found that my edited model hadn't overwritten the original model. Now the edited model can be shown in game.
But now, a problem even worse: the would be a game crash whenever I purchase the computer I made in buying mode, and go back to living mode. The game doesn't pop-out or something like that, it just stopped and doesn't respond to whatever you clicked.
All I did was just editing the model, editing the texture map, and editing the names and prices and things like that in S3OC. I think editing the model may be the step which makes the game crash, but I have no idea what I did wrong and what I should do to fix the crashing problem...

And, again, thank you for helping me