Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:31 AM
Default Corner Cabinet Help Please
I altered this Maxis cabinet and made it into a fridge cabinet Im having 2 issues with it 1) You have to have moveobjects on in order to get it to go above the fridge, and 2) when I use it as a corner cabinet it goes back to a regular size cabinet. I would really appreciate it, if anyone knows how to fix these issues.

Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 3:10 PM
There should have been a mesh for the corner piece when you cloned the cabinet. Counters generally have several meshes and you need to edit each one. I would guess the upper cabinet has 2-3 meshes and the instance numbers should be 0x00000001 for the main mesh and 0x00010000 for the low detail meshes. So in total you probably have to edit 4-6 meshes.
Theorist
#3 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 4:18 AM
I actually think it looks pretty cool and realistic since you wouldn't put a fridge in the corner anyway

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 7:26 AM
Ive actually finally got this problem fixed but now I have another one,LOL, I have burned a new multiplier and Specular and Ive done everything to try and fix this issue but I cannot fix it, for whatever reason the cabinet shows up a little brighter than the rest of the cabinets I have went back through and double checked and triple checked everything to make sure its in the right spots and I just dont know why I cant fix this issue.

Multiplier

Specular
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 11:07 AM
Did you make a new multiplier for the regular cabinets too? To me it looks like they'd be different .. have you compared the multipliers?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 4:30 PM
No I didnt, and I honestly thought about doing that but its alot of work I also found ( I dont know if its a Maxis mistake) that the multiplier on that one cabinet was wrong the way it was set up thats why I burned a new one I guess Ill be burning New ones for the other cabinet pieces too.
Yeah the multipliers are different, on the 2 sided cabinet I also changed it, and didnt have to change a thing but this one has been a nightmare.