Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 7:15 AM
Default New object with transparency not displaying properly
I have a new decor object that I have created, and for some reason, it's not displaying properly ingame. Part of the object is supposed to be transparent, so when I made the Multiplier, I gave it an almost all-white alpha with the transparent part of the object as a grey color on the alpha. Then I changed the Phong to Phong Alpha, with a alpha mask threshold of 120. The gnome that I cloned has 2 groups, so one part has group_0 and group_1, and the other one is group_0. So for the first part, I changed group_1 to Phong Alpha, and for the 2nd part I changed group_0 to Phong Alpha also because both groups have the mesh.

Then ingame, the object displays improperly as if I didn't export the normals. Everything is showing on the wrong side, etc... Part of it is transparent, but everything else is on the wrong side.

So I tried it without making anything transparency (I changed the Phong Alphas back to Phong). I deleted the alpha of my Multiplier since I wasn't going to use any transparency. I looked at it ingame, and THEN it showed properly, just without any transparency.

What am I doing wrong?? Is it something with the Phong Alpha that is making it showing improperly??? Does using Phong Alpha make an object display as if the normals weren't exported?
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 2:40 PM
screenshot?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 9:17 AM
No need. I'm just goint to leave it off.