Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 4:11 AM Last edited by Moria : 24th Jan 2011 at 11:47 PM.
Default CAW Criquette's Ocean Liner from Sims 2 converted to Sims 3
In Sims2 there were some wonderful neighbourhood objects created by Criquette. I wanted some of these in my Sims3 world for use in CAW and so converted them with permission from Criquette for myself and others to use.

These objects are from the Ocean Liner package, and the quality of the origional items clearly shows with them being scaled to Sims 3.

The sizes have been modified slightly to bring them into line with existing Sims3 objects.

The Ocean Liner is in 2 parts.. to line these up, in CAW place the hull, and then when you place the decking, copy and paste the X,Y,Z and the three rotations from the Hull object to the Deck object and they will line up fine.

The terminal building is in 2 parts, the base and the building.. you can either do as above, OR I would recommend building a base as normal in CAW as the textures and sizing of roads, etc is more suitable for Sims2.. your choice

The moorings are so big, that I recommend you place the mooring deck and then copy paste the legs into position as with the Liner.. however, depending on the angles etc you have this at, you may find the legs don't quite line up and a little bit of manual adjustment may be needed to get it all perfect.

I hope you enjoy these items and give you some additional objects to play with when building your worlds.

These are not small objects.. the water in Bridgeport is only just deep enough for this to fit.. you have been warned

To use in CAW, I use this framework :-

Sims3Wiki CAW framework

USE this CAREFULLY.. this is not a replace but an append in the cfg.. you have been warned.

Don't forget to also add them to your normal package framework for them to show up when you go to play your world.

Regards

Moria

Additional Credits:
Criquette for the origional build and permission to convert, S3OC, S3PE, TSRW for sunshadows and all the members of the CAW forum and MTS for encouragement.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Ocean.rar (1.94 MB, 9370 downloads) - View custom content
Description: CAW Criquette Ocean Liner and terminal package for Sims3
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 5:56 AM
lovely, just lovely.
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 6:48 AM
Very nice, I'm be jumping for joy if I were a developer.
Question, what is that very interesting looking building in the background? Is it available for download?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 10:03 AM
Great work, Graham, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 12:33 PM
By "normal package framework," do you mean the files can be dragged into your Mods/Packages folder and work that way, or do you have to do something different for them to show up?

♥ Wolfie ♥

"Gathering from his behaviors, he is very immature and hates to lose... just like me."

~ L from Death Note (virtual cookie if you guessed right! xD)
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 1:20 PM
this is amazing! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jvardon
Very nice, I'm be jumping for joy if I were a developer.
Question, what is that very interesting looking building in the background? Is it available for download?

Greetings jvardon.

I think you're talking about the apartment toer in the background?

Thats from this site :- http://simminginmagnificentstyle.blogspot.com/

It's a deco tower.. I used it and built an exclusive nightclub next to and underneath it.. Have a look at that site, he has a couple of pictures from my world on the front page with direct links to that tower, but he also has a number of oither buildings as well.

Regards

Moria
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wolfie_sims_94
By "normal package framework," do you mean the files can be dragged into your Mods/Packages folder and work that way, or do you have to do something different for them to show up?

Hi wolfie, you need to follow the instructions in first post to use this object in CAW, but you also have to put the package in your normal packages structure to be able to see the object ingame once it's been added in CAW.

Hope this helps..

Moria
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 3:58 PM
Much thanks, a great piece of work on Criquette's part and yours for converting it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 2:05 PM
Does the cruise liner stay put all the time or it moves around the sea?

Thanks
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 4:30 PM
It is just a decoration and does not move, as was the TS2 object it was adapted from.
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 11:36 PM
Can you convert more things :p?
Instructor
#13 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 10:22 PM
I thought about the fact, that I get bored of most of the worlds very quickly. The reason is, that we always have the same things in a neighborhood. Same deco ingame, same deco in CAW. I was tired of this and I decided to download all your CAW stuff.
It's really cool, how my Riverview had changed, after I built an airport and a harbour. It's a complete new experience of playing.
Thanks!
:D
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 1:02 AM Last edited by simsample : 8th Feb 2012 at 5:23 PM. Reason: Removed large quote
Default Creating Object to place in World
Is there anyway to just download them and place them in any world without creating a world??? I use a mac and cannot create worlds. Also there was an awsome mcdonald's in sims 2 that I would love converted to sims 3. Is this possible?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 5:24 PM
francescalop- if you add these to your in-game framework, they will show up in the World Editor catalog.

More help on installing package files here:
Game Help:TS3 Custom Contentwiki
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 7:15 AM
This is awesome but how do u make it become visible in-game? This question also applies to your other creations
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 10:24 PM
herdie671, I answered that in the post above yours.

Moria has linked to instructions for getting them into CAW in the first post.
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 3:13 PM
I've been looking for this for a long time cant believe its in sims 3
Field Researcher
#19 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 5:04 PM
I love this :D

DUTCH TRANSLATOR FOR MODS
Do you have a mod? I can translate this to Dutch, PM me.
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 1:41 PM
please heeelp,i'm don't understand this for CAW?or done for using in game?
Alchemist
#21 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiaNO!
please heeelp,i'm don't understand this for CAW?or done for using in game?

Here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:CAW_Framework

You need to have this cc both in CAW and in the game Mods folder.