Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 5:18 PM
Default Application Failed to Initialise properly?
I've been using S2PCI for months, with no problems.

The only things that have changed on my system since I last used it are installing OfB and a spyware scare then scan which removed some infected items. (Nothing to do with any sims programs that I know of)

I tried using it today to install some content, and got an error message that "The Application Has Failed To Initialise Properly. The Application will now Terminate". This also happens if I try to open it to scan my folder.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling s2cpi, and also reinstalled .NET framework, just in case spybot had deleted something it shouldn't have. I've tried rebooting. Nothing's helped. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 10:54 AM
It was definitely something to do with .NET framework, as I couldn't get SimPE to run, either.

Removed both programs, removed .NET framework, rolled back to a restore point from a few days ago, and reintalled everything. Seems to have sorted it.

Thought it was worth adding in case anyone else ends up with the same problem.