Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 10:20 AM
Default animating
how do i go about making my own animation for the sims 3. what programs and videos do i need.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 10:32 AM
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...stom_Animations

There's that tutorial - dunno how many people have actually tried it - I've never seen an actual custom animation done for TS3.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Alchemist
#3 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 10:56 AM
You might want to check out the conversation in the last few pages of the AnimTool thread also. Cmo posted a video of the animated ceiling fan he created in post 169 and there's a lot of detailed Q & A on various animation issues as well. That thread and the tutorial contain most of the information on how to make S3 animations that you'll find here at MTS.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 12:20 AM
Default hey
what if i wanted to make an animation for parent and toddler stuff. u know make toddler be bad so its not boring. like that.
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 2:01 AM
I don't find that first tutorial on the wiki very useful since it doesn't cover the proper way to setup a TS3 project within Visual Studio (a mostly undocumented area). I got stuck on that part and gave up. I can model and animate objects in no time, but I think that overall, the workflow is still too long and complicated.
Once we have a better means of creating custom rigs, and scripting actions (i pray for visual scripting), we'll see some more productions.
Instructor
#6 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 9:41 AM
For creating a visual studio project, this tutorial helped me a lot.

This space intentionally left blank...
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 2:17 PM
Nukael,
I had looked at that one before, and I can't seem to find any of those assemblies in my game directory. Are they contained in a package?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#8 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 2:42 PM
Look at this tutorial under "Setting Up". It explains where they are and what to do with them.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 11:22 PM
Default ...
ide like to make the babies and toddlers more fun. like with the babies you can control the crying. that would be fun. and same with the toddlers. you can control crying. and make an animation where they brake the toys when there in a bad mood. like if there in red or yellow. than parents can punish them. i think that would make the game more fun. and have the punish stuff under family oriented. i got some ideas. to make this game crazy good.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 11:27 PM
Default or one idea
is to get rid of that stupid covering. and reanimate the crying from the sims two. like the good old days where they used to just lay in diapers and all that. that would be great.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 12:50 AM
i mean come on who did not like the old toddlers. where they can steal bottles from other toddlers. but i want them to get in trouble with parents. that would be funny.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#12 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 7:59 AM
Please don't post multiple times in a row - if you have something to add or change about your post, click the Edit button.

Those do sound like good ideas - you'd best get to work! Animating still sounds pretty complicated and difficult.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 11:21 PM
Default srry
when i did this it was really late. but yea. i say bring back the good ol days. ya know. like lets abuse the crap out of all the sims ya know. when your mad and need to releave your self from it. destroy a sims life lol. just sayin is all.make the game more fun that way. lol. i mean come on. could u immagin a bunch of sims walking buy and stoning some one lol.