Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 8:25 PM
Need some help
Hi Guys

I just downloaded the create-a-world. I basically love the looks of Sunset Valley. I would really like to use it's current map, have all of the buildings, people and maybe make some minor changes to it and change the name of the town to what I would like. How would I do that? On the routeing if I erase the yellow will that extened the camera viewing? On the routeing blue if I erase area's of blue will that allow me to extended where my sims can go, includeing adding roads and where I can place lots?

Thank you for your time and Happy Holidays.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 8:55 PM
From what I can see, it doesn't seem to be allowed to edit the full version of Sunset Valley in CAW, which is annoying.

The .world file for Sunset Valley is located in 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\Sunset Valley.world', however, you'll get this error if you try to load it by conventional means.

All I can see is that you're able to edit a "lite" version of Sunset Valley and Riverview from 'My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds\Sunset Valley_lite.world', but it will not be the full version of the town. I have no idea why they decided to include this but not the original town.

Sorry if this isn't any new information to you, CAW is a pretty new tool and nobody really fully understands it yet.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lindley1230
From what I can see, it doesn't seem to be allowed to edit the full version of Sunset Valley in CAW, which is annoying.

The .world file for Sunset Valley is located in 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\Sunset Valley.world', however, you'll get this error if you try to load it by conventional means.

All I can see is that you're able to edit a "lite" version of Sunset Valley and Riverview from 'My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds\Sunset Valley_lite.world', but it will not be the full version of the town. I have no idea why they decided to include this but not the original town.

Sorry if this isn't any new information to you, CAW is a pretty new tool and nobody really fully understands it yet.

Probably didn't want to give away TOO many of their secrets.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 10:56 PM
Okay is there away to at least change the name of Sunset Valley? Silly question I know but when I played sims2 i had my own town called Harbor Cove and I would like to make another.
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AreilDelphinus
Okay is there away to at least change the name of Sunset Valley? Silly question I know but when I played sims2 i had my own town called Harbor Cove and I would like to make another.

There's probably a way to do that, but not via CAW You could try asking in the Modding Discoussion forum, but don't be surprised if nobody knows.