Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 5:58 AM
Whenever I install a new EP it throws my current legacy for a loop because I want to use the new features but I don't want to disrupt the flow of the legacy, but I also don't want to start a new game just to try them out because then I either don't get into it at all or I totally ditch my original legacy. So not right now. But maybe sometime...in the future??? ha
ha
Anyway, I don't know how interested I am in the EP anymore. I was excited when it was just an idea for an EP but now that it's come to fruition I'm not that thrilled. I think they should have waited until TS4 (or whenever the game actually changes dramatically) so it would be more filled out. Right now I think it just seems like the regular game but in a futuristic shell. Phones...that look futuristic! Robots...that look even more futuristic! Clothes...that look like futuristic versions of the popstar clothes from Showtime! etc. Some of the features look neat but I don't know how much I'd really integrate them into my game.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I might get it for the new stuff, I love new CAS items. I didn't know about the new kiss, but I might want that too. Do we get anything new just by patching up to 1.63?
The time traveling itself, I don't really find particularly appealing. I do like sci-fi and a futuristic setting just fine, but I'm just not into the whole time travel thing. I might try it once or twice just to see what it's like, but I can't really see myself wanting to have my sims travel to the future much. I don't know, maybe it's more fun than it sounds, but for now, I'm just not feeling it. Also kind of worried it'll make my game even more sluggish and bloaty.

The future's just a new way to experience life. The only issue I found was the lack of struggle or challenge (as technology is supposed to make life easier). You don't even need to purchase a home. Lock your door, claim your bed and it's free housing, if you abandon your old home. Plop down a few additional rabbit holes (even if there are quite a lot already. Add a school and grocery store) and you're good to go.

Quote: Originally posted by tiffyandthewall
Whenever I install a new EP it throws my current legacy for a loop because I want to use the new features but I don't want to disrupt the flow of the legacy, but I also don't want to start a new game just to try them out because then I either don't get into it at all or I totally ditch my original legacy. So not right now. But maybe sometime...in the future??? ha
ha
Anyway, I don't know how interested I am in the EP anymore. I was excited when it was just an idea for an EP but now that it's come to fruition I'm not that thrilled. I think they should have waited until TS4 (or whenever the game actually changes dramatically) so it would be more filled out. Right now I think it just seems like the regular game but in a futuristic shell. Phones...that look futuristic! Robots...that look even more futuristic! Clothes...that look like futuristic versions of the popstar clothes from Showtime! etc. Some of the features look neat but I don't know how much I'd really integrate them into my game.

Robot are a given - they're versatile enough to fit anywhere. Shopping, if you can mask it, will work just fine. What really meshes well is the cafeteria (another broad term EA uses to avoid using restaurant), except the synthesizer is a tad out of place, so throw it in the kitchen; it comes complete with a waiter, but there's not cook, obviously. Also, we can engineer babies now. There are things that work well in the present, some not to much.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#78 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 6:14 PM
It's actually a pretty well done EP. The time travel stuff is fully optional. If you don't want to deal with it, just delete the time portal when it shows up without using it, and you won't even meet the time traveller. It's just a piece of furniture and you can always re-buy it later if you change your mind. He will show up to congratulate you for completing a legacy statue challenge but nothing else changes, and aside from the lottery one which can be gotten without really trying you have to go out of your way to get them and requires use of future tech.

My biggest complaints thus far is Plumbot ai. They need to add the fix to prevent them from preparing meals if there's already food available, same deal that butlers had. And to remove scanning as an autonomous action, since it breaks ANY action and they don't even need access to the character to do it, they just have to THINK that they want to scan a character and it'll disrupt them. (especially annoying if you have people in Stasis and the plumbots keep waking them up every 5 seconds).

Aside from that it seems to work quite nicely. Even the future towns are nicely routed and I didn't notice any slow downs and there were very few stuck sims found, despite frequent use of fast-forwarding.
-----------------------------------

As for the engine, the box requirements say that due to future patches these requirements may be subject to change. And only apply to JUST Sims 3 (and even then are a flat out lie, due to the horrible coding and routing in Sims 3 causing the system to pull WAAAY more resources then it's supposed to). Adding any EP increases the requirements, though some do so more then others.

I already decided I'm not buying Sims 4. Just looking at their trend, Sims 4 will be a buggy, completely unplayable mess that will never be officially fixed, and they'll start charging people to create mods for it in addition to the usual BS. Essentially, making modders pay them so they can do their job for them. They'll also probably slip in always online at the last minute since people loved Sim-port so much and Simcity was such a huge success.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 8:01 PM
I am not getting into the Future with my sims can anyone help?
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
Is anyone else not getting Into the Future?

From what I've read about, I think it sounds like no fun to play.

I cannot get into the Future with my sims , the portal showed up but the Time Traveller man did not, so none of my sims have gotten to the future yet.
I did get into edit Oasis Landing and had to place an empty lot to place a copy of my family there but was unable to play them or any families there.
Eminence Grise
#80 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsPuddleduck
I cannot get into the Future with my sims , the portal showed up but the Time Traveller man did not, so none of my sims have gotten to the future yet.
I did get into edit Oasis Landing and had to place an empty lot to place a copy of my family there but was unable to play them or any families there.

See my response to your post in the other thread... bug, should be fixable. http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...41&postcount=17
Mad Poster
#81 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 9:40 PM
Even though the theme is futuristic, I am enjoying the EP. This was a shock. True, I wish shopping was traditional but the way it's set up can work in certain worlds. Not all of them so now I have to hope for a bit of skinning done to some of the shopping items so it can be useful in other worlds, like Midnight Hollow or Monte Vista. I kind of like the quest and the hover boards and crafts are rather cool. Laugh hard at the failures. Well, just like I was apprehensive with Supernatural, I was with this one too, yet still found it was enjoyable.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Page 4 of 4