Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 5:17 AM
Default Heads up: if you got ITF on Origin... (WTF?!)
If you got ITF on Origin, and your install of TS3 is not from Origin (probably most people since Origin didn't exist when it came out), Origin is going to ask you to uninstall TS3 before installing ITF.

Click the OK button to uninstall TS3. You don't need to try to reinstall it; clicking the Origin download button for ITF will APPARENTLY download and reinstall the base game as well.

This is in process for me; I'll let you know what the outcome is.

I just want to emit a sincere, heartfelt "WTF EA?" Heck, maybe that's what they shoulda called the EP "What, (is this) the Future?!"

If anybody has a clue WHY they are doing this, please share
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 5:32 AM
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
See Crinrict's Solution here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/0...lity-alert.html

Ahhh Thank you for that, wasn't aware! Too late for me but hopefully some others will spot this before clicking "yes", so I'll leave this thread up here for now :p
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 6:03 AM
I think we will see a few of this situation this time around. A while back for me it was "too late" and I did the reinstall and it ticked me off having to take the unnecessary steps. BUT, at that point I had some games installed via CD and some Origin and thought it would be better if they were all installed the same way and located in on my hd in one place so I reinstalled everything via Origin so everything is in the Origin Games folder. Guess I must be a glutton for punishment! On the other hand, the game seems to load faster.
Alchemist
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 6:40 AM
I want to know why these people haven't just locked themselves away in shame. Long before now, but... now, for sure.
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 6:48 AM
Origin and WTF are such a cute couple. They go together so well!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 6:48 AM
So is this to control the DRM? Move things out the Electronics Arts folder to the Origin folder? That is what I am seeing.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 7:23 AM Last edited by Margaret Pendragon : 22nd Oct 2013 at 8:22 AM.
It's fussing at me about installing the disk:

No disc inserted.

Please insert the original "Sims 3 EP11" CD/DVD.

Um...now what? This was ordered and received as a download.

ETA tech support was worthless. I guess I'm going to have to reinstall. This is annoying.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:51 AM
The solution for this that has turned up for many now is to simply reapply the SuperPatch after installing ITF.
Alchemist
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 2:20 PM
HA HA HA The Sims 3 going out with a bang
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 3:20 PM
Same thing happened to me the other day when I got Ambitions in the sale on there, luckily I googled it and found the easy workaround by pressing the info button and downloading from there. I would say I'm shocked and surprised with these problems but well...I think we all know I'd be lying
Scholar
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 4:12 PM
Yes, I got this when I got IP in the sale the other week. I cried (well, nearly. I'm 22 now, I don't cry quite that easily. Usually.), ranted at a friend, then googled and felt a little silly

Margaret, and any one else who gets this odd 'insert disc' error: Try using NRaas NoCD? http://nraas.wikispaces.com/NoCD
That's all I can think of on that front. Unless it's after you installed, then try the superpatch as babele44 suggested?

Looking forward to see you all doing futurey things!

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 4:18 PM
I did the same thing...rather annoying! I'm so glad I didn't have to reinstall everything...I think I might just have cried.

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
If you got ITF on Origin, and your install of TS3 is not from Origin (probably most people since Origin didn't exist when it came out), Origin is going to ask you to uninstall TS3 before installing ITF.

Click the OK button to uninstall TS3. You don't need to try to reinstall it; clicking the Origin download button for ITF will APPARENTLY download and reinstall the base game as well.

This is in process for me; I'll let you know what the outcome is.

I just want to emit a sincere, heartfelt "WTF EA?" Heck, maybe that's what they shoulda called the EP "What, (is this) the Future?!"

If anybody has a clue WHY they are doing this, please share
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 5:50 PM Last edited by Margaret Pendragon : 22nd Oct 2013 at 8:07 PM.
Yep, NoCD was actually the first thing I thought of, but this still gave me the error.

The DLC Compatibility didn't seem to apply to me, as that wasn't the error I was getting. Plus, I'd already installed.

It was 3am and I was frustrated, so I ended up just going to bed, without uninstalling anything yet. I saw this other post of Crinrict's that did address the disc error when I got online today (and I see Babele's mention of this), so I'm downloading the super patch now. Fingers crossed.

ETA applying the super patch worked.