Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 10:49 PM
bot-building for beginners...
I'd like my sim to build a plumbot, but have no idea about things my sim needs in order to successfully build it
.I also have a couple questions:
what are the necessary skills needed in order to build a plumbot?
what are nanites?
what machine do I use to have my sim build a plumbot?
how does my sim build a traitchip?

thank you very much for your time.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 2:17 AM
You need the bot building device that's found in the Hobby/Enertainment section (it looks like a machine with a big egg on it, kind of like the teleportation device from that remake of The Fly with Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis). Then you click on the machine and do design nanite and design trait chip. Nanites are like electronic bugs, They crawl around on the ground, and there are a bunch of different types you'll need to learn to make to trait chips.

You build skills by designing ,and once you know how to make them, making the nanites and trait chips. You can also buy the Bot skill books to speed up the learning curve.Nanites can be made or caught. You can find them crawling around in Futureland. Or, from the buydebug menu, add some nanite spawners to your current world (my lazy ass approach). The advantage of catching a nanite is you can the "reverse engineer" it, by clicking on it, and you get the knowledge of how it works, s you can make more yourself, and a bunch of generic circuit boards, which you'll need to make the trait chips, once you learn how.

If you have a bot emporium, either in Futureland, or one added to your current world, you can also buy nanites, trait chips, and special mood infused crystals, which you'll need for certain trait chips. The crystals can be grown in your garden, planted like a seed, to harvest a bunch of them.

Hope the 2 minute bot story helps. There are more complete descriptions of the bot building process in some game guides, like the one at simsvip that can give you more detailed info, but that's the basics you'll need to get going.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 6:42 PM
thank you so much for your help, eskie227!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 12:15 AM
If your sim has the bot fan trait, their bot bulding skill goes up faster. for more info, go here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/s...re/botbuilding/