Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 8:05 AM
Default Is patch 1.66 needed?
First of all, if this is in the wrong section, then I'm sorry- this is my first time posting and I tend to be really stupid when I first join forums. XP

Anyways, I was wondering if patch 1.66 is even needed? I'd heard it was only Into the Future and Store fixes, and thus, I was gonna ignore it. But today when I went to the store, I found that there was one Into the Future Limited Edition game left, so I decided to buy it. I have a ton of mods and custom content that I'm not quite sure I want to give up- is it just simple routing issues that I probably won't even notice, or is there some game-breaking thing that I'll need to worry about?

Also, again, don't know if this is allowed, but:

If I do end up needing the patch, do you think things like MasterController, MasterController Cheats, custom content (mostly dresses XP), careers, self-employed careers, and two mods that make alien abductions and male alien pregnancy will work? Too be honest, I don't care about MasterController or careers at all, but I want the alien stuff and the beautiful Anubis Under The Sun clothes and hairstyles <3
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 8:11 AM
You will need to update most of your mods, which can take a while, and sometimes mods won't be update and thus won't work or mess up your game.

As for if it is needed, I don't know, but I sure hope not because it won't let me update >.<

Sims for for life! My opinion doesn't really matter but I like to share it anyways. :)
simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 8:17 AM
What about the alien modifiers/custom content? I'd assume the modifiers would be fine, since they don't do any drastic changes. And custom content... Is just CAS stuff. So, maybe. I'll wait a bit, though.
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 12:13 PM
I'm currently using In to the Future with just 1.63. I haven't noticed any problems yet, so I don't think so.
If I find out differently later, I'll let yo know because I won't update to 1.66 until all the other mods are up that I want.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 12:47 PM
Yeah. I've been playing for the past few hours and it's working pretty fine, so I probably won't update.
Scholar
#6 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 5:11 PM
Not updating here. Not until NRaas updates the mods over there, anyway. As for is it needed? As of so far, no; not that I have seen. My game plays fine without the update.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 10:38 PM
The only bug I've noticed so far is that when my sim got in the hovering elevator thingy they spazzed out, going up and down at random moments even though the sim was still technically in the same place, but that's not a huge game-breaking thing. So I guess if you don't want your sims having a seizure in the elevator, update XD (Though it might've been 'cause she was wearing a jetpack. No idea.)
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 10:41 PM
I'd say that unless you have ITF installed (and are experiencing one of the bugs mentioned in the update notes ), or have the Tree of Prosperity and/or the PC playpen and walker, you don't need it at all. Nonamena has a fix for the playpen and walker, and AFAIK, one of nrass mods fixes the tree.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 10:47 PM
Other than the Time Traveler catching on fire, it seems to me like I can manage. I can't even use my Quantum Power Suit, because I lost access to my Sims 3 account and have no more game codes.
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by morphius1
Not updating here. Not until NRaas updates the mods over there, anyway. As for is it needed? As of so far, no; not that I have seen. My game plays fine without the update.

I actually downloaded the 1.63.5 super update and threw it on my backup drive with all my favorite mods in case I ever reinstall.

I just cannot do without overwatch.
Scholar
#11 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 11:28 PM
I'M NOT UPDATING.
One Minute Ninja'd
#12 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miekael
I actually downloaded the 1.63.5 super update and threw it on my backup drive with all my favorite mods in case I ever reinstall.

I just cannot do without overwatch.

An excellent point. I grabbed the 1.63 superpatch as well for any future reinstall as I refuse to give up my NRaas suite. To help others out, the patch can be found by Google, or, to make your day a bit easier, at http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/10/patch-1-63.html .
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 3:18 AM
You guys don't have to worry about Nraas that much. Only 4 (ErrorTrap, Master Controller, Traveller, OnceRead) mods were affected and right now 3 of them (ErrorTrap, Master Controller, OnceRead) are in testing for compatibility with the new patch.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#14 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 6:30 AM
Hell, I still don't have the patch that came with ITF. Downloading the superpatch for a backup sounds like a great idea.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 3:50 PM
Here is the run down on the Nraas Mods http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History+Testing+166. Also check out News Of The Day over there for more details.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 6:19 PM
I am being careful with updates because I am a little paranoid about EA's motives. EA could release a patch that could make TS3 unplayable, forcing players to upgrade to TS4. After all, they "accidentally" messed up the TS2 launcher when updating The Sims web site. If not for the awesome people that figured out how to bypass the launcher, we would never be able to play TS2 again.

Sooooo yeah, definitely waiting for reviews before I let a patch within 50 feet of my game.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#17 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 10:12 PM
I'm only up to 1.57. I have no plans to get ITF in the near future and I'm not sure it's an expansion I want. So I'm doing okay with what I have.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#18 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
I am being careful with updates because I am a little paranoid about EA's motives. EA could release a patch that could make TS3 unplayable, forcing players to upgrade to TS4. After all, they "accidentally" messed up the TS2 launcher when updating The Sims web site. If not for the awesome people that figured out how to bypass the launcher, we would never be able to play TS2 again.

Sooooo yeah, definitely waiting for reviews before I let a patch within 50 feet of my game.

Should I make you a tin foil hat too? Come join my world.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 10:40 PM
I was going ot make a topic like this, but I suppose I'll add to this one.

I haven't played since the spring of 2013. Has there been any patch that is AMAZING and worth updating all of my mods? I'd be happy to leave it as is, but if there's a huge performance increase (my game is incredibly laggy), or some bad bug fixed, I might update.

I'm using the University Life's version of the game (can't figure out a way to give you the exact number).
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 10:49 PM
There is a thread on the mods here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=517365 which might help you decide.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Should I make you a tin foil hat too? Come join my world.

Yes, yes, a tin foil hat would be nice. Would anyone else like to join us?

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 1:26 AM
Oooh, me! I liked TS2. Though, I will say, I kind of do like TS3 better. I'm not updating anymore either, especially since the stupid DRM launchers can't be bypassed. (Though I'm not sure if I even have one of the 'new' launchers, because the game still lets me play without internet. None of my friends can though.)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#23 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 9:22 AM Last edited by babele44 : 21st Jan 2014 at 9:53 AM.
Well, I patched yesterday and played two different saves for one Sim day with all my mods (3 of them needed an update - Awesome, ErrorTrap, MasterController) and so far I've got nothing special to report. Internet is off, Launcher can be bypassed, noCD works and no script errors, crashes or freezes - yet .
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 12:15 PM
I patched using the Super Patch 1.66 a few days ago to do some testing. Have been playing with all my mods including MC, Error Trap and the Test Version of Traveler. So far I have not experienced any problems. But keep in mind that is in MY game so for anyone planning to patch make sure to check with the creator of whatever mod you have and check News Of The Day for the NRaas mods.