Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 12:35 AM
Default Favorite/least favorite thing about ITF?
I don't think there's a thread like this yet, so hopefully I'm safe. But I'm kinda interested in hearing about your opinions on the game and it's features, since I think it's my favorite EP ((that I've actually played)) so far. I was really excited about the CaS items, especially how the color sectioning works on the hair, if that makes sense? O: Dang.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 2:59 AM
My most favorite thing? I like the food synthesizer. Once you max out the meal quality, your sims can all have their favorite meal whenever the mood strikes you to see them clap while they're choking. It's TS3's implementation of multitasking.

My least favorite thing? Having the time travel gate thing spring up at the start of every new game to then have the future guy elbowing past the Llama guy from Uni all vying for the attention of your poor, confused sim who just moved into their new home and neighborhood.They could at least show up with a Welcome to the neighborhood pie or something. Wait, they can't do that! That would require the special premium oven from the bakery from the Store if you wanted a pie. So I guess the Uni welcome basket and future book will have to do instead.

And when you say it's your favorite EP ((that you've actually played)), just what other EPs have you tried for comparison?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
My most favorite thing? I like the food synthesizer. Once you max out the meal quality, your sims can all have their favorite meal whenever the mood strikes you to see them clap while they're choking. It's TS3's implementation of multitasking.

My least favorite thing? Having the time travel gate thing spring up at the start of every new game to then have the future guy elbowing past the Llama guy from Uni all vying for the attention of your poor, confused sim who just moved into their new home and neighborhood.They could at least show up with a Welcome to the neighborhood pie or something. Wait, they can't do that! That would require the special premium oven from the bakery from the Store if you wanted a pie. So I guess the Uni welcome basket and future book will have to do instead.

And when you say it's your favorite EP ((that you've actually played)), just what other EPs have you tried for comparison?

I've played Seasons, Pets, and Supernatural ((I still have a lot of exploring left to do with Pets)). I mean, know a lot of the features of the rest of the EPs, but since I haven't actually *played* them, it doesn't really count.. 8'D I'll probably buy something within the next week though, do you have any recommendations? o:
And yeah, that's probably my least favorite thing too. Although I can kind of get why it's like that, to a degree?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 4:36 AM
Ugh I don't get why it's like that at all. The time portal should only be a thing you buy in Buy Mode to then initiate the future travel opportunity.

To keep things light though, my favorite part of ITF is actually probably all the new furniture. I know some of it is ridiculously styled, but it felt like a full expansion pack (for once) because there were SO MANY new objects; some of which were pretty clever, like the computer and the projection TV and the books and the jetpack and the moving wall picture thing. Although I'm not sure of the numbers of objects in other ones so maybe I'm way off, it just felt like that to me.

In terms of gameplay, I do really like the Plumbots. I always have a gardening/handiness/cleaning one, so much better than a maid!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 4:42 AM
I could say I like the Plumbots, cafeteria, the Planetarium although it's a RH. I dislike the Portal too. Since the time I started a world with a small lot that forced the Portal on a community lot, I have put it in the family inventory and send my sims to a community lot, now my small Planetarium and using cheats I place it there. Let Emit wonder his bothersome ass on that lot. I really see no purpose to time travel anyway, not until I have my sims accomplish something first.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ribbonista
I've played Seasons, Pets, and Supernatural ((I still have a lot of exploring left to do with Pets)). I mean, know a lot of the features of the rest of the EPs, but since I haven't actually *played* them, it doesn't really count.. 8'D I'll probably buy something within the next week though, do you have any recommendations? o:

Despite the despised celebrity system, paparazzi swarm, and sparkly vampires, LN does bring a bunch of new play stuff to the game. The clubs/lounges, but especially the bars, do add to the game play. Also, ignoring the routing issues, IP does bring a lot of new stuff to the game as well.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Despite the despised celebrity system, paparazzi swarm, and sparkly vampires, LN does bring a bunch of new play stuff to the game. The clubs/lounges, but especially the bars, do add to the game play. Also, ignoring the routing issues, IP does bring a lot of new stuff to the game as well.

I really loved Ip but I am playing in sunlit tides and island paradiso a lot and so the tropical stuff really suits me. Also IP adds diving, boats and that goes really well if you add one of the tropical worlds with nraas traveller to your main world- I finally got my tropical honeymoon for the newlywed sim couples.

If you enjoy travelling and solving tombs, world adventures is a good choice too, but to get a tropical destination like twikki island you need third party mods. LN adds a lot of content that makes nightlife much more fun and ambitions allows your simd to earn money without disappearing into a rh. hope that helps.
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 5:10 PM
ITF might be my favorite expansion. It definitely feels like one of the heftier ones, at least, so I felt like I got my money's worth (Generations, I'm looking at you.) The Buy Mode stuff is great for making sci-fi or ultra modern lots, even if I have to CAST a lot of it so I don't feel like I'm in an Apple store with all that white everywhere. The Plumbots were what sold me on the EP, though. I love robots, so robots I can customize and give personalities to? Awesome. It doesn't hurt that they're super helpful around the house, either. If anyone ever makes any cc for the Plumbots, I will probably die of happiness.

I've had Late Night for so long, I can't really imagine the game without it. Bridgeport's a pretty cool world; it's got a little different flavor from the more suburban-style neighborhoods. I just recently got Island Paradise and haven't explored it much yet, but if you like playing ghost supernaturals, the Shark Attack ghost is really pretty.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:21 PM
there is a little bit of clothing I will use on my Sims
Scholar
#10 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:31 AM
The whole going to the future thing is my favorite
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:34 AM
Favourite - Plumbots
Least favourite - the bugs which render Plumbots unplayable.
Alchemist
#12 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Grumpo Marx
Favourite - Plumbots
Least favourite - the bugs which render Plumbots unplayable.

What bug is that?

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:47 AM
Default well i made a Research base center
take a look my RBC look awesome with advanced technology :D
Screenshots
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#14 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
What bug is that?
If only we knew. All of a sudden a plumbot can break such that noone can interact with them anymore and they can themselves only perfoem a limited range of actions. They still do what their trait chips allow them or force them to do and they can interact with objects but they cannot tune up themselves anymore or change their trait chips.
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 8:28 PM
I think for me the most interesting addition that Into the Future brings are the Plumbots. The most annoying addition is probably how the time portal just appears on your lot. Sometimes you just don't want that.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 9:01 PM
I haven't had that plumbot bug in my game. The only problem I have are with the floating plumbots. Sometimes they start walking like normal human, and then I have to take them back into the CAS, or whatever, and resave them. I wonder if there is a mod issue, or do people with unmodded games still have this bug? I use plumbots a lot, though, mostly for kid maintenance. I use the food synthesizer a lot, too.

What I don't like is Emit. Not that I don't like him, but that he doesn't behave, coding-wise, like a normal NPC.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥