Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 11:29 PM
Default Moving the game ...
... from my old PC to the new one. I installed the base game and applied the last patch. Now for the rest of them - quite a chore, but at least I'll get to use Sweet treats again.

But here is my problem: I really dislike the Into the Future EP and I wouldn't like to install it again. However, on my old PC I played some games with it installed, including one I really enjoyed and would like to resume. I have the saves but will they be unusable if I don't install ITF? I *think* none of my Sims ever visited the future in that game, but I am not quite sure.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 11:53 PM
Unless your Sims are currently in the future world, I don't think removing/not having the game will present any issues. It never messed up any saves I had traveled in when I uninstalled WA, and it's the same system.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 1:01 AM
If you used any items from ITF in any of your builds, though, the game will simply replace them with some random base game object. So if you have a house with say the "dream pod" bed, you might find a toilet in it's place instead.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
If you used any items from ITF in any of your builds, though, the game will simply replace them with some random base game object. So if you have a house with say the "dream pod" bed, you might find a toilet in it's place instead.

I thought it chose items from the same category? That's how it always seemed to me.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 2:33 AM
Good. Thank you for answering so quickly!

On a side note: I played a bit, just one day and base game only. I knew that the game was beautiful but only now, when I could set everything on maximum, did I realize how beautiful it really is - even Sims are looking better. It was almost like playing it for the first time.
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kinseth
I thought it chose items from the same category? That's how it always seemed to me.

You would think, right? But I've had some really odd substitutes pulled by the game. I mean fine, a base game couch for a custom one I can see, but yeah, I've gotten a toilet for the oddest reasons. Especially when they show up in the middle of a space not connected to a wall. Because normally you can't just plop a toilet in the middle of a room, but the game has done that in place of a chair more than once.

Another time it was a bunch of deco bowling balls for a bowling alley that got replaced by rows of what look like ceramic cookie jars. Never even knew they existed, but they're in the Misc Decor section, which I guess at least makes them from the same "class" of object, unlike the random toilet.