Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 12:18 AM
Moving out a single sim from a family living in Oasis Landing
Hi friends

so I am playing a legacy in Oasis Landing and the oldest son has just aged up into a YA! What I would like to do now is move him out of the household (he is not the heir) so I can keep the house for then next gen. since Oasis Landing is not meant to be a home world, this is obviously a problem. I'd prefer not to have to move the entire family back to the past if possible! so does anyone know what mod would help me do this? I'm looking at nraas mods but not sure what one would suit!
thanks!!
Advertisement
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 2:39 AM
I've used Mastercontroller to switch to different households while in the future; maybe you could switch to a different household and make the Sim you want to move out selectable there, then switch back? I never tried using Traveler while in the future though.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 6:05 AM Last edited by igazor : 6th Aug 2015 at 7:32 AM.
Traveler's Treat as Vacation> False only allows sims on a vacation to go to work/school while in a foreign world. It doesn't change the fact that they are still really on a vacation or do anything to the game files, That's what "Change Hometown" would do. I am not an ITF player, but seems like that would be a good thing to try if you want your sims to stay in OL as permanent residents.

As for the MC switch household, get them to move in and murder story, that sounds very interesting. But if you want to accomplish the same thing in one step without the grisly parts (just in case, you know, any of you out there are not actually psychopaths all of the time), that's what MC > Add Sim is for. Aim it on an empty house or an already occupied one and you should be done without the messy Move procedure. Then you can set about murdering the neighbors at your sims' leisure instead of by necessity.