Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 10:50 AM
Default Death By Meteor
So I'm thinking to uninstall Ambitions, because I rarely ever use it. The only thing I like with it is the inventing part and the death by meteor.

I have ITF installed, and I also got a mod that increases the chance of getting hit by a meteor that is designed for Ambitions. Apparently meteor showers will only appear in Dystopian Oasis Landing, but is there a way to then make it that there are also chances no matter what world you're playing in?

Also, do you get the death by meteor if you install Seasons? Aliens can summon meteors, but does installing Seasons bring the random chance of death by meteor?
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 11:35 AM
I love it. I love unexpected elements. It's a life simulator, so anything that is a bit tragic and sudden I enjoy. I never quit without saving.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 2:06 AM
I would leave the building alone! I need to give one of my sims that trait. I forget how fun that is!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Lol I guess so. Another thing I accidentally tried once was with a sim that has a pyro trait? or something? I don't remember. I think it was the option to "blow something up." I was curious and decided to blow up an arcade machine in an underground arcade. It turned out to be a huge mega terrorist explosion that wiped out 1/2 the arcade. I laughed and it was funny.... until I realized, zomg... I have to rebuild the whole arcade!

Sims with pyro trait can blow things up!? I thought only Inventors with the inventing skill from the Ambitions EP could!?

I do know that they can put things on fire though duh
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 3:01 PM
I've never even had a death by meteor that wasn't helped along by one of my aliens I thought it was a myth. I've had ambitions installed for years.
Alchemist
#9 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hippiebones
I've never even had a death by meteor that wasn't helped along by one of my aliens I thought it was a myth. I've had ambitions installed for years.

It's certainly not a myth. >< It'll happen when you least expect it... Ugh, bad experience...

But like ZenGarden, I like unexpected elements in the game and let it happen anyway.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hippiebones

Yeah I thought it was a myth too until I was playtesting a lot I just finished building and a meteor came down and wrecked all my work. Good thing I saved right before that or else I'd probably have been crying instead of laughing. But yeah random tragedy in the game is a-okay with me too.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 5:20 PM
I was playing a legacy once and my heir had just moved out to her own house. I decided that she would visit the house her parents lived in, aswell as she had grew up in. While knocking the door, boom a giant meteor crashes over her, wrecking the house aswell. Legacy over.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It might be the daredevil trait, I don't remember. But it is not a skill though, I have Ambition but I rarely play the professions.

What? I'm pretty sure the ability to blow things up came with Ambitions. I really, really want to keep having the ability to blow up things but it's not enough to keep Ambitions installed
Scholar
#12 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 8:10 PM
Blowing things up comes with Inventing. I don't think you have to have worked on the inventor's bench to get the option, but maybe you do.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I don't think you have to have worked on the inventor's bench to get the option, but maybe you do.

You have to get a certain number of inventing skill points before you can unlock the ability to detonate the fuck out of everything. Can't remember what number though huehuehue and can't see shit on the wiki.
Scholar
#14 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 8:46 PM
Okay, that sounds right. But I think the number is low, which is why I was unsure that you had to have them at all.
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 10:25 PM
Huh... I have had Ambitions for a while and nothing has happened yet... I will keep my fingers crossed and continuously save XD
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by roguegem
Huh... I have had Ambitions for a while and nothing has happened yet... I will keep my fingers crossed and continuously save XD
There are mods that makes the chances of a meteor bigger/smaller if you'd like. The basic chances of ever seeing a meteor hitting something in the game are already slim as it is, in Sims Wiki it's described as nearly impossible.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 10:37 PM
I have also seen a meteor this year... lucky me! Or have I seen 2, I don't remember!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord