Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 6:53 PM
How do I install MasterController?
I mean, I know how to do it, it's just my patch is 1.69.43.024017 and I cannot find the link for which patch I need do download. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 6:55 PM
Just get the latest version.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Just get the latest version.

I did, but when I press open with.... Sims 3 , it says catostrophic failure. And nothing happens. :/
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:04 PM
Oh, now I get it. Well, it's not that kind of package that you open with the Sims 3 launcher. It's the kind that you just unpack in your mods\packages directory, and there you go. There's instructions on the site on how to activate that kind of mods.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:05 PM
You did put it in your mods folder, right? Packages and sims3packs are different things. Yet they are the same. Sims3packs are like zip files for the sims 3. The launcher just unpack them as a package. But that doesn't mean you need to put Nraas in the same folder the game unpacks it with. Nraas works with mods folders.
MTS has some info on Packages and how to install them here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
You did put it in your mods folder, right? Packages and sims3packs are different things. Yet they are the same. Sims3packs are like zip files for the sims 3. The launcher just unpack them as a package. But that doesn't mean you need to put Nraas in the same folder the game unpacks it with. Nraas works with mods folders.
MTS has some info on Packages and how to install them here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

Alright, I created a mods folder within Sims 3 Patchcontent and put the mod in it. I think it should work now?
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:51 PM
It works for me like that, so yea.
Instructor
#8 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:59 PM
Hm, I'm confused. What is this "Patchcontent" you're talking about?
Site Helper
#9 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 8:49 PM
Patchcontent (or the ContentPatch folder) is NOT where it is supposed to go.

Mods should be a folder in the same Sims 3 directory where you see your Library and your Saves. It is not one that ships with the game; you make it yourself.
Packages is a folder that goes in the Mods folder. (Also one that doesn't ship with the game.)
Resource.cfg is a file which goes inside the Mods folder along with the Packages folder, and tells the game what to do with this stuff.
Master Controller goes in Packages. (Or, and this is recommended, into a folder inside Packages named something like NRAAS Mods.)

If you've gotten the files from the page that greenplumbbob linked you to, you just extract that whole archive into the Sims 3 folder in Documents, Then, when you have confirmed it is working, make your sub-folder for NRAAS and put Master Controller in it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook