Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 12:59 PM
Default "Donate to..." option on mailbox...
What do these option do?
and what will happen when i done it?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:07 PM
It allows you to donate money to a specific charity. You usually have two charities to choose from (that change on occasion) and three choices for how much you want to donate. Once you donate, a halo will appear above your head and you will get a positive "donated to charity" moodlet.

EDIT

I believe you receive this option when your sim has the "good" trait.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:20 PM
Also if they have the evil trait I believe they can donate to evil charities and causes
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kitkat3195
Also if they have the evil trait I believe they can donate to evil charities and causes

actually if your Evil you donate to undermine the charities
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:08 PM
thanks for the answers guys!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:18 PM
I LOVE being able to donate to charities... it helps me get rid of extra money when I need to
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:41 PM
Would be nice if something resulted from it down the line though.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arcadus
Would be nice if something resulted from it down the line though.

I totally agree. Maybe like something where you have less bills the more money you donate to charity? Maybe that's not what you were thinking exactly but that's one idea that came to mind for me =)
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 6:16 PM
Other than the positive moodlet for donating there isn't any effect currently, though that MIGHT be a fun thing to add later down the road. Where if certain charities get certain cash numbers some side opportunities show up, rare animals/insects show up (preservation charities), or in the case of evil charities a death ray level someone's house. Just brainstorming but that would be the AWESOME.
Theorist
#10 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:07 PM
I think it would be neat if there were a certain percentage of "evil" and criminal sims in the game if the actual ambient light changed in the game. Like it became desaturated and bleak looking while if your town were good and charitable the flowers looked brighter and the sunlight were sunnier.
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:09 PM
Been playing Black & White recently Mistermook ?
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by invock
Been playing Black & White recently Mistermook ?

I was thinking the same thing invock .

My personal favorite charity is "Pools without ladders" To bad it no longer works according to reviews, though I haven't tried it yet myself.