Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 6:27 PM
"hidden" traits?
I have heard about the pyromaniac trait and the salute trait etc. But i have heard of how you can get it two ways: by having kids with npcs and a mod. People seem to be having problems with some of the mods out there. So what i was wondering is if someone could tell me how to get these hidden traits normally through the game. Oh and also could you be detailed about your answers! That would be amazing!

-Babynerd_16

Some people are always leaving, But I am here for a lifetime.

Strange and Beautiful
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 6:40 PM
Have a baby with an NPC.
The traits won't actually show up, they really are 'hidden' but they are there.

My sim had a children with a fireman NPC and they all had the pyromaniac trait.
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 7:51 PM
How do you know your sims have these hidden traits?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 7:57 PM
I added a policewomen to active family,she had can apprehend burglar trait
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 11:12 PM
I have no idea.......lol

Some people are always leaving, But I am here for a lifetime.

Strange and Beautiful
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 12:11 AM
My legacy founder married the pizza delivery man, and they have two kids. I definitely don't "see" a pizza trait, but theoretically, it's there.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 12:16 AM
There is a mod that lets you use these hidden traits,
I forget what it's called.
I dl'd it, i got a kick out of pyromniacs..
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 4:39 AM
Some stuff from the gameplaydata.package file under TraitTuning:

Range: Float values below 1.0f. Description: A 'Crybaby' Sim has a perentage chance of crying after a route failure defined by this tunable.
deprecated on: 2/26/2008 4:02:03 PM

What the hey is a Crybaby sim? They actually programmed it in there as a trait: Crybaby. What are you going to do if half of your townies are randomly generated as crybabies when you start a new game??? Luckily it's been deprecated, or removed, taken out. But the code is still there, so maybe it's a surprise unlocking of the traits for the expansion pack...

Range: Sim minutes. Description: Number of Sim minutes that an Insomniac Sim is able to sleep at a time.

And what is this one? Is an insomniac sim the same as a light sleeper?

Career level when sims start being saluted by lower ranked Military officials. Actually the career level where they gain the trait CanSalute.

So the name of the trait is CanSalute. And what this trait does I would think is it gives your sim in the military job the ability to salute other sims. It doesn't give you anything else.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 4:54 AM
an insomniac sim
--
Means they can't sleep well.
Like, they barely can sleep.

Anemia means they can't stop sleeping..
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 5:06 AM
I checked in on the daughter of Jon lessen in Riverview and found that his daughter has the trait 'Rocker' but there's no description. Anyonw know what this is, or what it does?