Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 11:44 PM
In Sunset Valley, there's a house called 'Urban Sprawl' and there's 3 gems around the yard. It's also haunted. In my game I got a Pink Diamond there.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 12:22 AM
In sunset valley, I moved a family in on a beach lot (can't remember which) and as soon as they moved in an opportunity popped up saying that the lot was an ancient burial ground, and if I accepted I could help the ghosts find peace. I accepted and three tombstones and several gems spawned. One was a pink diamond. Spooky music was always playing on the lot. Unfortunately I didn't play all the way through with that family, I barely played it at all because I had just gotten the game, and was busy exploring different features.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:27 AM
Rainbow? You mean lumious? That's what they're called in my game, never heard of a rainbow gem.

I can't find the pink ones either.
I've 80% of all gems found, I'm missing 1-2.
Scholar
#29 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:58 AM
They're two different things. There's a Luminorious Gem and a Rainbow Gem. You've never heard of the Rainbow Gem because you haven't found one.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:08 AM
They look pretty similar in-game too - the Rainbow Gem is just brighter and sparklier but they seem to use the same texture, just with different effects. Finally found two of 'em - one in someone's trash, the other in one of the locations I found earlier. Still looking for some pink diamonds. My original sims are gulping down life fruit like there's no tomorrow - I ain't letting them die before I get at least ONE pink diamond.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:41 AM
HP, there's Pink Diamonds at the Urban Sprawl house, at least in my game there was.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:19 AM
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...elp:Sims_3_Gems

^ There are screencaps for where the rainbow gems and pink diamonds spawn xx
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:27 AM
clockworkapple - I made the images on that page based on the quick and dirty mod I did, and uploaded 'em, and linked 'em up earlier.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Scholar
#34 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Syanoko
I find 'em by the Criminal Hideout..
I found a rainbow one on my first try.
0.o

This is what happened to me. I had a criminal sim leaving work, randomly noticed that there was a collectable on the ground, picked it up and it was a rainbow gem.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:36 AM
@HP Psssh I was totally just testing you :P
Scholar
#36 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:43 AM
I knew it was a test :nod: mmhmm

Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:59 AM
I've got HEAPS of both pink diamonds and rainbow gems, I've been looking for gems to get the magic gnome. Still no gnome - but have made a fortune with the gems - HP swap you a pink diamond for a magic gnome!
I'm sooooooo over waiting! Have already had an entire generation die while waiting to get the gnome. I'm pretty sure the gnome was left out of my game - maybe they gave me your pink diamonds.

~Hold tenderly that which you cherish~
Field Researcher
#38 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 9:00 AM
Carladam: That is so weird! I had my sim running all over Riverview looking for gems, and when I finally had him get all of them cut one day at once (every gem, even the cheap ones) I got FOUR gnomes mailed back at the same time. One from Tanzinite, one from a yellow saphrire, one from a blue whatever, and one from smokey quartz. I think.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 12:28 PM
Carladam - Wow, seriously? I've got SEVEN magic gnomes. And like Aree above, I got four at one time! Still no pink diamond.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:16 PM
Oke, now founding some gems, gold, silver, iron, what to do with it? My simmie brought it al home and ordered to have them polished and now everything is gone. I don't know where it went, and how my simmie can get it back.
Anyone a clue here?
Scholar
#41 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:18 PM
Check the mailbox

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Carladam - Wow, seriously? I've got SEVEN magic gnomes. And like Aree above, I got four at one time! Still no pink diamond.

I only got my first gnome yesterday....actually, I got 2 at once. Took ages and as my sim is rich and doesn't need the money, he kept all of the rocks, ingots and gems. I found the bottom of the pool is a very nice place to toss those unwanted sparkly gems, gives a very nice effect. So now I have 6 or 7 stacks of mixed ingots, and a large pool full of gems. Had multiple rainbow gems but still no pink diamond, nor plutonium. Carladam, keep at it, you'll get a gnome eventually.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:52 PM
Plutonium spawns pretty regularly at the mines, and a little ways outside the mines. They're close enough spawn locales to send your sims pretty often.

Also, re: the gnomes, I saw some mention in looking at the XMLs that you may have a better chance of getting a gnome the more your sim has collected - I can't remember the threshhold and I don't know whether it's actually enabled in the code, but if you're having trouble getting a gnome, it might be worth having one sim do most of the collecting as well as sending off the gems (and collecting the mail - I don't know which part of it matters) to perhaps increase your chances of getting one.

Field Researcher
#44 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:57 PM Last edited by mikrokitty : 15th Jul 2009 at 4:09 PM.
On days that I actually spent a lot of time on Sims, and cleared the neighborhood a few times, I averaged finding one pink diamond and one rainbow gem every RL day. I'm guessing the more gems you pick up, regardless of what flavor, the faster they respawn.

I've never actually found a rare gem by rummaging in garbage or exploring the catacombs.
The pinks I usually found in the valley/gorge running behind the gym to that lake above the cliffs, and once on the mountain below the gym. I've also found them in the mountainous area leading from that same lake, down towards the cliffs.

In Riverview, I found a pink diamond right off the bat, in the very center of the complete stonehenge. I haven't done much more collecting in Riverview yet otherwise.

edit... I should note, I've not managed to get a complete set of gems/cuts yet :-/

edit again... I meant the stadium, I just realized I said gym and that there is also a gym in town :P
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#45 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 4:22 PM
My advice on gem and rock collecting? Set AwesomeMod on search-and-destroy mode. Go get something to drink, or play another fambly while the sim runs around collecting like a dervish. Come back in a few days to see what he's managed to find. If you put an entire fambly on search-mode, they will likely pick the neighborhood clean faster than it can spawn rocks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alchemist
#46 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 10:40 PM
I've found a pink diamond on my main sim, but it took her forever to. I think it was at the stonehenge. It took her like 48 sim hours of straight collecting, though. Another sim of mine in Riverview found all the gems on her FIRST DAY in town. Lucky...
Test Subject
#47 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 10:50 PM
My collector Sim has found a pink diamond in Riverview in the field behind the "Broke estate" I think. And my gnomes were mailed back from the metal smelter.

I named them Randy and Simon. Still waiting to get a Paula to round out the set.
Test Subject
#48 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 12:38 AM
I found a Pink Diamond my first day playing Riverview, first SIM day. It just was on my lot (It was haunted, don't thank that changes anything though)
Instructor
#49 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 2:21 AM
I got my Rainbow Gem while exploring the catacombs. The only gem left for my collector to find is the Pink Diamond.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emmaaa95
I found a Pink Diamond my first day playing Riverview, first SIM day. It just was on my lot (It was haunted, don't thank that changes anything though)

Aw come on, no Kara? That's just mean

I've never actually gotten a gnome back from the smelters or gem cutters, but I've fished up several from at-home fishing holes.
Page 2 of 4