Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 4:13 AM
"Meditate" ability gone from the pie menu?
When your sim reaches level 5 in the martial arts skill, they gain the ability to meditate. One of my sims is level 7 now and once he reached his new level, the ability stopped showing up on the pie menu.

The only hack I've got is an updated version of the no-mosaic mod found here: http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index...opic=3681&st=50

I've tried removing it just to be safe and deleting all .cache files but the affected sim is still missing his "meditate" ability. He's also recently learned two foreign songs from a french tourist and a chinese resident. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a glitch with the songs or is the meditate ability in this game only available under certain conditions? I don't know if it's a glitch or an intended thing.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 4:46 AM
Hi! I used the new gain skills mod on my Sims & they have advanced straight up to level 10 on their Sim Fu skills. None of them have any trouble meditating. Once they have meditated for about 2 hours, they will be able to Zen-port (or whatever they call it) at the peak of their relaxation, to where ever you want them to go. But this moment doesn't last very long so you have to be quick. My Sim also has learned 4 songs while in China. Two were from a person in China & the other 2 songs were learned from a Egyptian visitor to China (that explorer woman who is wandering around). My Sim has been to France too, but hasn't met the correct person who is teaches those songs yet. My Sims are always singing. While bathing, fishing or just standing around. Well two of them do have the music genes & one of those is at the top of her music career. I'm sorry that I can't be of any help to your problem. Maybe try the gain skill for WA mod over at Crazy Town & see if you can get your Sim past that level. SEJ
Forum Resident
#3 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 4:55 AM
I've not had that problem, and you should be able to meditate at any time no problem, and even if you couldn't at a certain moment, it would still show up just greyed out. And it can't have anything to do with songs because my self sim is at level 10 martial arts and knows a French and Chinese song.

I don't know if this will work, but try the reset sim cheat, "resetsim <firstname> <lastname>" See if that fixes it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
I don't know if this will work, but try the reset sim cheat, "resetsim <firstname> <lastname>" See if that fixes it.

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried but to no avail. The other sim traveling with him still has his meditate ability in his pie menu so I'm starting to worry that the sim in question is corrupted somehow.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CoastalRebel
Hi! I used the new gain skills mod on my Sims & they have advanced straight up to level 10 on their Sim Fu skills. None of them have any trouble meditating.

My problem sim has already earned the skill. It simply vanished from his pie menu. I'm wondering if it has to do with selecting a new LTA reward because it seemed to happen after I gave him the "artifact collector" boost or whatever it's called.