Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 6:17 PM
Default "In a relationship" option for C-A-S?
When I make sims, I sometimes want them to be already in a relationship; not just roomies, but not married. Has anyone made a mod or does anyone have a way to do this?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 6:44 PM
I'm looking for the same exact thing. I was used to Sims 2 where you could go in and edit the family. My "daughter" is actually a good friend that lives in my house. I'd like to make her my daughter in the family tree. I've searched all over for mods. I've used the awesome mod, but couldn't figure it out well enough to get it to edit my family tree.

If you find something for this issue, would you post what you find? I'll keep looking as well.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Christineeve
I'm looking for the same exact thing. I was used to Sims 2 where you could go in and edit the family. My "daughter" is actually a good friend that lives in my house. I'd like to make her my daughter in the family tree. I've searched all over for mods. I've used the awesome mod, but couldn't figure it out well enough to get it to edit my family tree.

If you find something for this issue, would you post what you find? I'll keep looking as well.

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?board=105.0 <-NRaas SuperComputer's home now.. It won't help on adding a dating relationship in CAS, but it sounded like you're looking for how to add a housemate as a daughter ingame, correct? With SC, click the Sim you want as parent, choose the controller, advanced, Family... then click Add Child. You'll have an option list. Choose Current Lot or Household, and choose who you want as the daughter.
Alchemist
#4 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 3:54 AM
or, you can make them, move them in, open the cheat menu, type in testingcheatsenabled true, then click and drag their relationship bar toward each other up to what you want it to be and go from there.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 10:30 AM
hmm yes i've tried the testingcheatsenabled way, but i'm looking for something more realistic?
Alchemist
#6 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 10:39 AM
...how is it more realistic to have sims in a relationship before theyre even played?

/quibble

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Scholar
#7 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by loz876player
hmm yes i've tried the testingcheatsenabled way, but i'm looking for something more realistic?

More realistic? How about having your sims go through all the motions without cheating? Only realistic way I know of....
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 12:05 PM
I don't see how that's cheating. Sometimes you want to start a story when people are already involved, but not yet married. How many times have you watched a movie that involved an unmarried couple? Was your immediate thought, "NO WAY! They didn't show how they met and fell in love! I want their story from the beginning, who cares if the movie is 9 hours long!"

I just don't think it's "cheating" any more than being able to set them as married, or even as roomies. I mean, when did those roomies meet? How did they become friends? For that matter, how did each of their parents meet, get together and create the sims in question? At some point you have to develop a starting point, and I don't think it's unrealistic to make that starting point "dating, but not married." There are more levels to human relationships than "married" and "barely know each other." In fact, it seems more realistic and less like cheating than the base game settings, to me.
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 10:15 PM
Katana makes a good point. However, I'm posting here because I'm looking for a mod that can edit Relations on the family screen after you make a family and leave CAS. I tried to make an older family (both adults) with a teenage daughter and young adult son but there is no option for that, I had to make him a roommate. I would like a mod that just adds every imaginable option to that relations edit menu. And a way to set their exact days old would be nice. Also, genealogy is one of my hobbies, and maybe this is asking too much, but I'd like an option to create a whole family tree for a sim from the start instead of always being an orphan. I think there are mods that allow a person to make larger families, and you can already delete sims from game, and you can now make ghost sims so I could say make my sims parents/grandparents as ghost sims then delete them after putting a family in, but it is not an option to make an elder the parent of an elder, so I couldn't really do much without a mod for the relations editing screen. It would also be nice to have the option to make a sim the child of unmarried sims, and have half siblings and such. I just think that any situation possible throughout playing the game there should be an option for in the relations menu. And sure, that can include "dating." I heard mention of nras super computer and master controller, but I dislike core mods and super mods like some of the nras stuff, they add features that make the game lame (too easy), and its hard to ignore them if they always pop up.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 10:39 PM
AwesomeMod has boyfriend/girlfriend or fiancé.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 11:38 PM
...And so does the game itself now? [Also why the fuck has a thread from '09 been necro'd...?]
Eminence Grise
#12 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 1:59 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 3rd Oct 2012 at 2:24 AM.
Sweek, if you're looking for a mod, try the "Where Can I Find" (WCIF) forum under the Help menu.

And please, if you find a thread with a search, check the dates, and if it's more than a few weeks old start a new thread :/ The game changes all the time, as does the community's knowledge and the modding environment, so people are apt to be confused by old threads.

There is a more general answer to your question, btw, and I'm sure if you post in the right place you'll be told what it is

Locking.
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: Thread necro, referred to WCIF