Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 1:15 AM
Default "Living in the Lap of Luxury" LTW keeps increasing--bug or feature?
One of my sims has the "Living in the Lap of Luxury" LTW, which, when I gave it to her, was to have a net worth of $100,000. I find, however, that the threshold keeps increasing and increasing as my sim makes more money--it's gone up four times now, and is currently at $179,000!

I don't know how I can satisfy this LTW if it just keeps getting higher and higher. But I'm unsure--is this a bug, or is it a feature? I.e., is the game increasing the threshold as my sim becomes more successful, or is this LTW borked somehow?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 1:30 AM
Definitely a bug!
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 2:12 AM
I'm having this same issue, actually.

I have this elder Sim that has this LTW and it keeps on rising. I want to move the family to a new house, but I want to reach that LTW first. He may end up dying first. You can't reach an ever rising number. o_o

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 7:25 AM
Did you switch to another household sometime in-between or have you played only this household for the whole time?
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 10:32 AM
I've noticed the same too. When creating a sim the amount required to fulfil the wish is 100k simoleons, but on an npc which I moved to my legacy family's house it was as high as 613k simoleons.

Luckily my legacy household had enough money to fulfil the wish so it hasn't increased at all even though the family has earned about 300k simoleons since that sim moved in. It definately does seem like a bug..
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 2:37 PM
Honestly, this sounds like a joke feature to me. You know how some people just can't get enough money? They might have millions, but they are never rich enough. The more they get, the more they want...