Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 1:50 AM Last edited by ChYkN : 10th Sep 2012 at 2:05 AM.
Default Vampire-Witch Hybrid Glitch?
Vampire-Witch Hybrid Glitch?

Ok, so I made a witch sim and married a vampire, then they had twins and the twins both came out as vampires. I let them stay vampires until they were about to become teenagers, so they can master logic, writing, and painting skills first. Then I threw that elixir that turns people into witches at them, and they became witches. Good. Then when they aged up, one of them still looked like a regular sim, but the other one looked like a vampire. They both can do witch magic, and they both have accelerated skill learning like vampires still. I did "testingcheatsenabled true" and then went to the CAS thing to see if they are witches and it says that's the lifestate, and in the CAS thing the one that looks like a vampire looks like a regular sim, but when I go back to playing she still looks like a vampire. When the regular one sleeps, they sleep with Z's but the other one sleeps with V's like vampires. They also seem to have accelerated learning for the witch magic, they are both level 10 witches in 1-2 days, already passing their mom. Also, the one that looks like a vampire doesn't have the magic meter on the sim panel but the other twin does.

I don't know if they can do the other vampire abilities yet since they are still teenagers, but has this happened to anyone else? I just really want them both to look like regular sims :/

Here are some pictures of the vampire twin

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 2:07 AM
That's quite strange, but if the game remains stable then that could indicate that hybrids are possible. I like the idea of a Genie-witch or a Vamp-witch. To "cure" the hybrid have you tried throwing a potent cure at them then a witch elixiar?
Instructor
#3 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 2:21 AM
If you want them to only look normal, use DE's Remove Visual Override function.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 6:32 PM
Hybrids are certainly possible. You could hyrbidize occult prior to [Supernatural] as much as you wanted using [MasterController].

The patch however added an arbitrary block against doing so with the new occult. I'll have that stripped out soon enough.

The problem is that some of the interactions don't unlock properly if you have multiple occult attached to the same sim.

Getting around that issue is a little trickier.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 6:43 PM
Well, I managed to make a fairy-witch hybrid. :D
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 9:43 PM
How are y'all making hybrds!?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 10:43 PM
That is so f****** awesome!!! I'm gonna replicate that in my game!! A vampire-witch hybrid :D
One Minute Ninja'd
#8 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 1:02 AM
Can a vampire/fairy hybrid drink from themselves to get the fairy "buzz"?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 1:32 AM Last edited by SimmerE14 : 11th Sep 2012 at 1:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Hybrids are certainly possible. You could hyrbidize occult prior to [Supernatural] as much as you wanted using [MasterController].

The patch however added an arbitrary block against doing so with the new occult. I'll have that stripped out soon enough.

The problem is that some of the interactions don't unlock properly if you have multiple occult attached to the same sim.

Getting around that issue is a little trickier.

Sorry to interrupt the thread, but Twallan what happened to the raise your skill part of of MasterController?
I, for the life of me, can't find that again!

EDIT: Nevermind, I went on your site and got the cheat part of the mod :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 1:49 AM
Yes, this has happened to me, too!

I was testing the new Supernaturals, and, in CAS, I decided to have my Vampire mother and Ghost father 'Play with Genetics', and they ended up having a Vampire-Witch...

Actually... that doesn't sound right at all. But all I know is that Witch sim actually turned out to be a Vampire-Witch. I have NO idea how that happened now. But it did.
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 5:25 AM
So, you used witch potions on the girls without curing them of vampirism first?

LIKE Time Warp Sims on Facebook!
Legacies, Challenges, Sims, Houses, Modelling, and Information!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 6:26 AM
*wants a vampire/witch hybrid so badly* Out of all the supernaturals, I like this one best. I haven't really played much with the "new" vampires yet, but the witches are so cool. And yet I love vampires. Cannot! Choose!

I will have my evil vampire/witch hybrid, and when I do, they will rule the world forever!

...Or I guess just Moonlit Falls, for however long I play them. SAME DIFFERENCE.

Eat some sand, make a pearl.
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 1:26 AM
if you want them to look normal, turn advanced rendering off, that makes vampires look like normal sims. but if you have pets and turn it off you might have a problem because it makes the animals fur look translucent and their eyes bulge.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kelsinarose
if you want them to look normal, turn advanced rendering off, that makes vampires look like normal sims. but if you have pets and turn it off you might have a problem because it makes the animals fur look translucent and their eyes bulge.

Note to self: keep advanced rendering on. Ghost dogs are creepy enough already.

Eat some sand, make a pearl.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChYkN
Vampire-Witch Hybrid Glitch?

Ok, so I made a witch sim and married a vampire, then they had twins and the twins both came out as vampires. I let them stay vampires until they were about to become teenagers, so they can master logic, writing, and painting skills first. Then I threw that elixir that turns people into witches at them, and they became witches. Good. Then when they aged up, one of them still looked like a regular sim, but the other one looked like a vampire. They both can do witch magic, and they both have accelerated skill learning like vampires still. I did "testingcheatsenabled true" and then went to the CAS thing to see if they are witches and it says that's the lifestate, and in the CAS thing the one that looks like a vampire looks like a regular sim, but when I go back to playing she still looks like a vampire. When the regular one sleeps, they sleep with Z's but the other one sleeps with V's like vampires. They also seem to have accelerated learning for the witch magic, they are both level 10 witches in 1-2 days, already passing their mom. Also, the one that looks like a vampire doesn't have the magic meter on the sim panel but the other twin does.

I don't know if they can do the other vampire abilities yet since they are still teenagers, but has this happened to anyone else? I just really want them both to look like regular sims :/

Here are some pictures of the vampire twin

I had a genie/vampire glitched baby once, had to delete the save because it got corrupted though. It had the red outline in the relationships panel, the thirst thing instead of hunger, glowing eyes and fangs. She was also blue and floated like a genie.
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 12:21 AM
My vampire witch hybrid (made with the Hybrid mod) keeps casting the sunlight spell on herself. What a muppet.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 12:34 PM
where is the "hybrid mod"?
Forum Resident
#18 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 12:50 PM
Hybrid

Though if you save a hybrid to game bin or export it, it will only keep one of the occults, it was made that way so it don't cause issues when shared for people that don't have the mod.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 3:01 AM
Default hybrid mod
Quote: Originally posted by LordHellscream
where is the "hybrid mod"?

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Hybrid+Phase+One

here you go, this is where I got mine
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 12:10 AM
Okay so I have a ghost and werewolf couple (EA's Violet Slymer and Argus Brown from the Roommates Supernatural household). They just had a baby who is showing up in the relationship panel as a werewolf, but is a gold, featureless ghost in appearance like her mother. Is this a natural hybrid baby then? The only mod I run is Twallan's Relativity.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#21 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PureFilth
Okay so I have a ghost and werewolf couple (EA's Violet Slymer and Argus Brown from the Roommates Supernatural household). They just had a baby who is showing up in the relationship panel as a werewolf, but is a gold, featureless ghost in appearance like her mother. Is this a natural hybrid baby then? The only mod I run is Twallan's Relativity.
While all the other supernaturals come with a special occult trait (Genie, Imaginary Friend, Vampire, Werewolf, Fairy, Witch, Simbot, Mummy) that determines their needs, powers and age lengths etc, ghosts are ordinary Sims that just happen to be dead. And as every Sim can die and become a ghost, I don't think that ghosts of supernaturals are hybrids but rather a fourth age state.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
While all the other supernaturals come with a special occult trait (Genie, Imaginary Friend, Vampire, Werewolf, Fairy, Witch, Simbot, Mummy) that determines their needs, powers and age lengths etc, ghosts are ordinary Sims that just happen to be dead. And as every Sim can die and become a ghost, I don't think that ghosts of supernaturals are hybrids but rather a fourth age state.

Oh I see... so the baby has inherited the werewolf-ness genetically from her father, but is also a ghost by default from her mother? Poor child has got problems from the start!
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 11:24 AM
I have no hybrids in my game at the present but I will try for a vampire witch hybrid. It seems that the easyist hybrid to get or find is a zombie/fairy hybird.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#24 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PureFilth
Oh I see... so the baby has inherited the werewolf-ness genetically from her father, but is also a ghost by default from her mother? Poor child has got problems from the start!
I would say that she's gifted because I really love to play ghosts. Due to their special routing behaviour they can be excellent thieves or neighbourhood maintenance Sims as walls are no obstacles for them. Although it might look a bit odd when a werewolf ghost is out hunting
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
I would say that she's gifted because I really love to play ghosts. Due to their special routing behaviour they can be excellent thieves or neighbourhood maintenance Sims as walls are no obstacles for them. Although it might look a bit odd when a werewolf ghost is out hunting

Haha yeah it's handy for some things, but I've aged her up to a child and she still decides to go allllll the way around the perimeter of Eerie Park to get to the swings... she can casually stroll through walls but across grass? No sir!
Page 1 of 2