Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 8:14 PM
Default Are you impatient for Seasons?
I'm now officially bored of my non-Seasons gameplay because it just gets too repetitive, even with dozens of mods installed. For the last few days I've just been preparing my game for when Seasons comes out, and hopefully it will add more variety to the game.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 8:48 PM
Lol I've been keeping myself occupied with the Challenge board but yes, I'm a little anxious for seasons
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 10:05 PM
"Are you impatient for Seasons?" ...Seriously? I think I speak for a lot when I say that I'm almost dying in anticipation! I mean Seasons man, FINALLY!!! :D
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 10:25 PM
I'm a little skeptical that Seasons is going to be the big game-changer if the other 7 EPs haven't brought variety to your game.
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 10:56 PM
This EP comes out the day before my birthday. So I have the best excuse ever to buy it for myself. I just wonder if I can wait until it's actually my birthday or will I just instantly download it as soon as Amazon has it available?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 11:45 PM
I am getting it for X-mas! Yay! But, I will need to wait a while. Oh, well.
Scholar
#7 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
This EP comes out the day before my birthday. So I have the best excuse ever to buy it for myself. I just wonder if I can wait until it's actually my birthday or will I just instantly download it as soon as Amazon has it available?

Oh, you know you can't!

BTW, it's two days after my birthday. Great birthday present, huh?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 12:15 AM
I've been playing the Sims 2 for a few days now. I can't bring myself to look at my Sims 3 sims right now. I don't want them to catch on that I am plotting an alien invasion on their virtual behinds.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Scholar
#9 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 9:09 PM
LOL, I'm lulling them into a false sense of confidence by acting as if everything is normal... *whistling nonchalantly*
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 9:44 PM
I think my problem is that I know the people behind my sims. I've got two non-simming friends, and I have a sim for each of them. I'll call them Friend A and Friend B. Friend A says, "You are going to protect my sim from the aliens, right? Right!?" Meanwhile, Friend B says, "Lock my sim up in the house with your self-sim, and throw Friend A's sim outside with just a refrigerator, a bed, and a telescope! We'll just see who's getting kidnapped..."

(Friend B has some simming history, even if not a simmer currently. Friend A is totally screwed.)

Scholar
#11 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 12:02 AM
It's not looking good for Team A... But you know, sometimes when you're trying to kill them (or probably get them abducted), they prove remarkably resilient.

You could kick friend A out with the fridge, bed and telescope.... But put the space rocks that also attract the aliens in Friend B's room...

The plot thickens...
Theorist
#12 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 12:31 AM
dasfbdsaihfbadsh YES!

I've been waiting since the base game for Seasons and they went above and beyond instead of just bringing weather back and shoving a couple of new activities on the side. It pretty much seems like an alternate title could be "The Sims 3 Fan Service," even moreso than Pets.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
It's not looking good for Team A... But you know, sometimes when you're trying to kill them (or probably get them abducted), they prove remarkably resilient.

You could kick friend A out with the fridge, bed and telescope.... But put the space rocks that also attract the aliens in Friend B's room...

The plot thickens...

Perrrrrfect! You should totally write a simming advice column! (These two are constantly at war with each other. I can't believe it has now spilled over into my simming universe.)

Alchemist
#14 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 4:50 PM Last edited by kennyinbmore : 17th Oct 2012 at 6:03 PM.
Super impatient. I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwww
Instructor
#15 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 4:57 PM
I am excited for it, but I'm trying not to get TOO excited.
I was really excited for Pets but it ended up being annoying and something that lost it's appeal after a week, just like with TS2 Pets. Same thing happened with... well, pretty much every EP I've gotten except Ambitions and Late Night (only because of the items). I don't dislike the EPs really, I'm just sick of repeatedly being disappointed with them. ;w;

Time to start hinting to my mom about what I want for my birthday on the 29th, lol.
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 8:37 PM
YESSSS I am VERY excited and impatient Seasons was without a doubt my favourite Sims 2 expansion. I can't wait to see it in Sims 3
Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 8:42 PM
I'm very impatient, and curious about all the features, esp. of how the worlds look in different seasons, and how festivals work. This EP is going to bring more changes into the game, than all other EPs brought before, and I've been waiting for seasons maybe since I started playing TS3. However, I'm a bit afraid of the new EP breaking something in game, like CC, or that some CC will work weirdly with seasons, like custom plants in TS2 that didn't lose their leaves but stayed green all year round.
Instructor
#19 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 7:58 PM
I am counting the days for it. Yep, i'm impatient.

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 8:11 PM
lol same here! SimsVIP added a countdown to Seasons but it looks like they removed it.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 8:13 PM
I'm anticipating it cheerfully, but not as feverishly as Supernatural. SN is still new and it has a lot of stuff I like so I'm not bored at all, but I'll be happy to buy it for my B-day present.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#22 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 8:21 PM
I'm not, because it means that all my scantily-clad Male sims with buff bodies will have to actually put clothes on in the winter
Field Researcher
#23 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 3:12 PM
YES.

I can't wait!!!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 6:54 PM
I might have gotten a bit of the PEPs curse lately, but I am not impatient. I am preparing, so I can make my towns work out with the new lots coming, and have room for future stuff.

EDIT: I am with MadameButterfly, I am planning an alien invasion too and I think my sims know it. The little virtual vixens are giving me the blues lately and now they make it easy to pick which ones will become a host, get zapped and whatever else my little green friends will do to them. Can't wait to figure that gameplay out. Muwahahaha!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 2:37 AM
I just researched what PEPS was, and I definitely have it I can't enjoy the game knowing how awesome it will be with Seasons!
Page 1 of 3