Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#401 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by taoyingying
I'm not sure if this is an "annoyance" or a bug. I have a plant in "harvest" status, but before my sim can harvest it, winter comes (actually it was still late fall but the plants all went dormant). So she waited until mid spring, and the plant still has "harvest" status. BUT, there is nothing to harvest! She kept tending it for entire spring, and it stays as "harvest" all the time, just without fruit...

I am experiencing that right now. It was the fall holiday and I wanted to pick pumpkins for spooky day. Went to the festival lot and had the harvest tool tip come up but nothing to harvest. My game is in winter now, but hope that the plants don't stay that way by next spring/summer.

Also I am not sure if the gift giving pile needs to be in the living room, just around lots of seating. The lot I am playing have the living room, dining room and a little seating area in a open space. Maybe that's why it placed the rug in the open space I wanted it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#402 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
I really don't like how the autumn leaves stay if you don't rake them up. In The Sims 2 they eventually disappeared (I believe with the first knee deep snowfall), but here that does nothing to them. It kind of ruins that feeling of Spring returning when the dead leaves are still on the ground...

(Don't get me wrong, the leaf raking feature is great, I just wish that, like in The Sims 2, it were optional)

I find it nice that they stay... I am sucker for Autumn leaves on the floor (in RL and in the Sims!)
Lab Assistant
#403 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
England, I think- my sim constantly has the soaked through moodlet, no matter what the season- just like I do.

Poor Sim. Poor(er) you. :-*
Test Subject
#404 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
I suspect that the game is not recognising that room as being a living room. Despite having two rooms with more space, the game plonked my present pile down in the living room. I wonder if the programming doesn't look for certain keys in a room, for example, living chairs, couches, fireplace, coffee table. Do you have another room in your house that has those things?

Well... I do have two rooms with fireplaces... one is the study and the other is my sim's bedroom. The study also has a rocking chair, and a coffee table. maybe I should try adding a fireplace too the living room then.

It would actually be a nice touch with a few fireplaces in that room...
Mad Poster
#405 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 1:48 PM
In my current Moonlight Falls game my sim lives in the Van Gould mansion, their family was moved into a different house. Any time I hold the gift party the gift pile is placed right inside the front door in the large entrance/hall. The only furniture there is the floor lamp near the front door. So I really don't think the game is looking for furniture as a placement rule. Maybe it starts at the front door and moves through the house simply looking for the first acceptable spot?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#406 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 4:11 PM
As far as I know the gift pile appears close to front door, not necessarily in a living room or any specific room.
Test Subject
#407 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
My game did that not giving me a moodlet for spooky day until i made a save with a clean town. my save i was using was corrupt. Try playing a diff town town and see if the moodlet for spooky day appears.

I don't know if it was me playing a new town or my computer crashing two times,.. But either way thank you. I finally had Spooky Day and it was soo CUTE! <3
Scholar
#408 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 11:54 PM
Spooky Day appears to have short-circuited the autonomy on my active sims, as all they want to do is stomp on pumpkins and kick Mysterious Mr Gnome when on the home lot. Seriously, I had to put the little guy in the family inventory for protection, everyone was trying to do it to him.
Instructor
#409 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 1:25 AM Last edited by TheLB : 31st Dec 2012 at 2:49 AM.
It annoys me that you have to use one of the preset "costumes" that they give you with Seasons, and if you try to freestyle it your sim gets laughed out of the costume party. I feel like they really should have made a separate clothing category for costumes, that way I can enable certain outfits for it.

Cow Plant = Good
Hot dog = Good
Genie outfit that came with SN = WHAT ARE YOU DOING

EDIT: I'm really annoyed at how frequently my sim is getting abducted by aliens. That's twice in three days now. And his boyfriend (who is also his protector) just stood by and didn't do anything.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Test Subject
#410 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 7:15 AM
I am so annoyed that you can't kill or reset or use the moveobjects cheat the get rid of the Noisy Yappy minor birds that are so loud outside when they are a space or two away from your house, before Seasons the minor pets would reset/refresh every day. Now with Seasons when you get the mouthly birds too close to your house they stay there for the rest of the sim's natural life and the generations after them. You can't go outside and collect it and set it free because the sims stomp that something is blocking them when they are standing right beside the mouthy thing, even the overwatch doesn't reset/clean them up like the stuck sims. I get so annoyed at the yapping being louder than the karoke machine/stereo/even the talking that I end up moving my sim to a new lot in town just to get some piece and quiet until yet another yappy minor pet get stuck outside the new house and I'm irritated again so I move them, I spend a lot of time moving my sims from home to home just to get rid of the noise. Seriously need to uninstall the Pets game I think to get rid of those Majorly annoying yappy birds.
Test Subject
#411 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by killerpoet
Seriously need to uninstall the Pets game I think to get rid of those Majorly annoying yappy birds.

I'm not sure if this will help or not but in the options menu you can try uncheck the pets box. So pets will not be in your world. It may or may not work with birds though. Hopefully it does.
One Minute Ninja'd
#412 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by THEcupcakeninja
I'm not sure if this will help or not but in the options menu you can try uncheck the pets box. So pets will not be in your world. It may or may not work with birds though. Hopefully it does.

Nope. It only turns off major animals, not minor ones. It's the same reason the squirrel/chipmunk infestation stays around forever.
Test Subject
#413 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Nope. It only turns off major animals, not minor ones. It's the same reason the squirrel/chipmunk infestation stays around forever.

Yes, there is nothing that's gets rid of them. I only move my sim when the noisy birds get stuck there, I've had massive lizard, rodents, and bug infestations but I didn't move my sim because at least they are not noisy. The squawky birds are SO Loud!
Alchemist
#414 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 2:28 PM
Turn testing cheats on, then shift click on the bird, and select Object>Delete. Bye Bye Birdie.
Lab Assistant
#416 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 4:04 AM
Weather for a winter day. Low 8C, max 24C. Which is fine. That's how cold the winters where I live get down to. Rain? Nope. Sunny? Nope. Moderate snow. I'm sorry, buthow can it snow when it's 24C out? Or even 8C. It gets down to 8C here and I've never seen it snow. The one day that has rain and not snow it's getting down to -14. *sigh*

Sci-fi meets 19th century boarding school story-- Future's Present-- A Sims 3 Story

A random legacy with a rainbowcy theme set in a post apocalyptic world-- Recolour

I now have a blogger-- Kathleen's Sim Stories-- for both my stories for those that prefer to follow and comment there
Scholar
#417 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sirah81
As far as I know the gift pile appears close to front door, not necessarily in a living room or any specific room.

That makes sense. I may have just gotten lucky. My living room is just to the side of the front door. Sorry if I led anyone astray with my gift-spawning theories.
Test Subject
#418 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 6:36 AM Last edited by killerpoet : 5th Jan 2013 at 8:43 AM.
Was it 1.42 or was it Seasons ? When did the venues start stealing the preformers' stuff ? I play a Magician and random venues steal his Magician only props to preform tricks that can't be replaced. I play an Acrobat and both his ball and his ring have been stolen out of his inventory and can't be replaced or located anywhere in the world; which is strange because he's only preformed at 2 venues for his entire career and his Acrobatic props are not there they are just gone. I guess only the singers get off stage with all their items in tact because all they have is buyable props and their own voices. It sucks when Magicians can't preform the vanishing sim or the watery grave because the prop has gone missing forever from his inventory, and the acrobat cannot preform any ring of fire or balance ball stunts. Talk about an annoyance that's Major not Minor... yeah hate it ! Want my special trick stuff back, guess I'll cruise google and see if anyone has made a mod to make those props buyable yet.

Thankyou NRAAS apparently with your mod I can reset all of the lots he's preformed at and the props will come back into his inventory.. minus the custom colors I gave them, but hey at least they are back.
Alchemist
#419 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 5:41 PM
Spooky Day came. The kids and teens in my town went trick-or-treating. Nice..
Snowflake Day came. My teen is visiting his girlfriend's house in the evening after school. Suddenly, she puts on an alien mask and goes out trick-or-treating, I zoom out to neighborhood view and see al the neighborhoos kids are out trick-or-treating. wtf.
Love Day rolls round. Kids come by my house in costume, you guessed it, trick-or-treating.

Spooky Day is my favorite of all the new holidays, but still...
Page 17 of 17