Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 2:15 AM
Default Mods we hope to see for Seasons
My first thought was "Stop using that damn snow cone machine when you're hungry!" People don't usually go for a snow cone when they're hungry. So I hope to see a mod that stops sims from making the snow cone machine their first option for hunger fulfillment.

What other mods would you like to see for this expansion pack?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 3:46 AM
Would like to have a mod that stops Sims from calling sims in a relationship to ask if he/she can go out on a date.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Scholar
#3 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 3:49 AM
Would like to see the concession food registers separated from the booth.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:04 AM
"Make this sim alien impregnated" interaction
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freelance Wolf
Would like to have a mod that stops Sims from calling sims in a relationship to ask if he/she can go out on a date.

Here you go http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-mailbox-gifts/ You have to register, but it's free, and worth it. Good modders on that site.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:32 AM
That was quick. Thanks. Is there any mods there for stopping Sims from dying at eating contests?

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:56 AM
Here are some Ideas I'd love to see... ( if it even possible )...

=FEATURE=

Randomized Seasons Length - don't know why.. but I think it's fun to have +1 or -1 days per seasons. I know I can adjust it manually.. but well.. you modders have mods for everything.

Actually Useful Gifts - I know the gifts in-game during gift giving party are randomised electronics and some outdoor items.. but.. wouldn't it great if it includes more cross-expansion pack related gifts like "harvester" from Ambitions and "karaoke Booth" from Showtime

Seasons / Ambitions career tweak - Fireman gets more job during summer, Ghostbuster gets more jobs during Fall, Architects get more job during winter and Fashion Designer gets more job during springs

Online Dating UI Tweak - Because social dating sites should be easy and fun.. my fingers are tired from clicking hundreds of "send message" to different sims.

Neighbourhood related weathers.. Just my opinion.. Sunlit Tides and Lucky palms should receive less snow during winter.. and Twinbrook and Hidden Springs should receive more rains during, well basically the whole year.. and It's just not right to disable the 'entire' season... it's just a weather tweak.. or something..

No Simfests During Extreme Weather - "A Simfest is happening at performance park... while it's snowing.. heavily too.. "

No Free Contest - My sim don't have to cook now thanks to the food-eating competitions.. It would be nice if they should.. at least pay some fees to enter hot dogs eating competition

Write Regular Letter - why does all letters needs to be 'love' letters.. A "regular letter" or.. "blackmail" should be an option too...

More Beach Visit. -It's summer, The beach is empty. cause everyone's going to the town center.... eating hot dogs..

=FIXES=

holiday #days left fixer ( appear as circle in career tab, will incorrectly calculate the "days left until Summer/Spring/Fall?Winter Festival)

Disable Festival Lot Wall Speaker - Especially in Starlight Shores, when your sim is singing, you wouldn't hear your sim sing because the wall speaker is playing a song.. Maybe it just happens on my computer..

No Horses on Festival lots - Dogs, Cute... Cats, Adorable... Horses Munching on Pumpkins, wetting the grounds, and doing all sorts of nasty things, not so much...

Horror Day During Full Moon - because.. it should be.. right? ;3;

Aperture Fruit Experiment Co. - sims can carve pumpkins now.. maybe eccentric sims can make combustible lemons next?

Soaked Moodlet Delayer - Sometimes my sim just need to throw the garbage or.. collect a newspaper.. or pay the bill.. Yeah They're smart enough to use the umbrella... but somehow they aren't smart enough to pick the newspaper while holding the umbrella, giving them an instant Soaked Moodlet. Would be awesome if it's delayed like.. 10-20 minutes after sim went out without an umbrella instead of instantly getting soaked.

Go here Sanity - Would you stop the car, run for a while, and ride a car again to work while it's raining.. I wouldn't.. maybe this is just a routing issue, but it bugs me a lot. most noticeably on Twinbrook / Sunlit Tides

=CAREERS=

Meteorologist ( weatherman-related, uses business/journalism building)

Festival Planning Committee ( part time job on City hall Buildings.. cause.. someone "need" to plan all these festivals.. right?...)

well.. There's more I can think of... but I think I should stop now.. XD

Woof !
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ariffrazalin
Festival Planning Committee ( part time job on City hall Buildings.. cause.. someone "need" to plan all these festivals.. right?...)

Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 7:05 AM
Something to stop it from snowing in certain areas, like if you have a roof that isn't a real roof.
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 7:25 AM
I'd like to see the holidays renamed to something more traditional, e.g. Halloween.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 7:43 AM
Ooh!! A sneaky disguised request thread haha

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 7:50 AM
Inge is so right

Well in that case I'd like to have a mod that stops the sims falling on their buts so frequently when they skate with a partner
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:29 AM
I seem to be in the minority here but I absolutely do not want aliens in my game. I'm getting seasons tonight and I'm concerned about the fact that people's sims seem to be getting abducted left and right and most often out of the blue. I have zero supernaturals in my game and I'd like to keep it that way so I would be REALLY REALLY REALLYYYYY grateful if someone could make a mod that reduces the likelihood of aliens appearing in my sims homeworld to 0% or something like that. I don't want them appearing around town let alone appearing on my sims lot and I certainly don't want them getting abducted.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerE14
"Make this sim alien impregnated" interaction

Or how about a tuning mod so that you can alter the chance of getting abducted (conditional on the various factors like telescope usage and finding space rocks), and the chance of pregnancy for eligible sims who get abducted. That way it would satisfy both those of us who want lots of creepy alien implantation making our male sims (temporarily) grotesquely fat, and those people who don't want aliens at all.

I'd also like to see a mod that adds nausea and backache to alien pregnancy... Human men may not be able to experience that part of things, but I'd like my electronic men to suffer along with the women. But realistically, I doubt anyone will bother to make a mod like that. Most people aren't quite as vindictive about torturing their sims with pregnancy as I am...
Field Researcher
#15 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rosenoire877
I seem to be in the minority here but I absolutely do not want aliens in my game. I'm getting seasons tonight and I'm concerned about the fact that people's sims seem to be getting abducted left and right and most often out of the blue. I have zero supernaturals in my game and I'd like to keep it that way so I would be REALLY REALLY REALLYYYYY grateful if someone could make a mod that reduces the likelihood of aliens appearing in my sims homeworld to 0% or something like that. I don't want them appearing around town let alone appearing on my sims lot and I certainly don't want them getting abducted.

If it helps, I've been playing for a while with 2 sims who I WANT to get abducted and I haven't seen any sign of alien life. Even though they use the telescope every day. But I also have generating the other supernaturals from generating, so that might be holding them back. I like my supernatural townies to be created by me, not Tori Kimura randomly developing wolf powers
Forum Resident
#16 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aree
If it helps, I've been playing for a while with 2 sims who I WANT to get abducted and I haven't seen any sign of alien life. Even though they use the telescope every day.

My sim was minding his own business playing his guitar in his house on three consecutive nights and was abducted. Annoying...
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:06 PM
I found the xml for abductions (finally! I'd been looking for a while. Who would have thought it was titled 'alien'?)!
The instance is 0x8182B50DFB98D4BB
Abduction and visiting information is towards the bottom. You can tweak it in S3PE and make your own alien abduction and visiting tuning mods
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daciasil
I found the xml for abductions (finally! I'd been looking for a while. Who would have thought it was titled 'alien'?)!

What, EA named their files with reasonable names? Unbelievable.
Scholar
#19 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetCheeksMcgee
I'd like to see the holidays renamed to something more traditional, e.g. Halloween.

the reason theyre not called 'halloween' 'christmas' 'easter' etc, is because a lot of the world doesnt celebrate these things, but almost all cultures have (for example) a midwinter festival, so in calling it 'snowflake day' it means people all around the world can relate to it and fill the day with things they do in their culture on that day. there is possibly a way to change the name, but im not technical enough to know that
Inventor
#20 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 1:22 PM
Absolutely true - but why didn't they call it "the midwinter festival" then?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 1:57 PM Last edited by jendyose : 16th Nov 2012 at 4:07 AM.
Don't listen to me.

Andy: This year for Christmas, everyone's getting a handshake and an I.O.U.
Scholar
#22 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
Absolutely true - but why didn't they call it "the midwinter festival" then?

i dont know. i guess maybe it doesnt always fall in the middle of winter? :/ i dont have the game until christmas, so cant play around but i guess they wanted to give it a unique name?
Scholar
#23 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 2:48 PM
This is a very minor one, but I bet an EASY one - unlock all snowmen.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetCheeksMcgee

Is there a list of holidays that are in the game and what they're supposed to be. This one seems like it would be nothing more than a simple STBL mod. I'm not even sure what Snowflake Day is supposed to be. Christmas? If so it sucks considering my Sim kids have school on that day and worst still I keep autonomously scolding them for skipping school when I made them stay home so we could go play in the snow.
Scholar
#25 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jendyose
There should be a way to do this without a mod. Under options it shows where you can "turn off" supernatural beings, I'm assuming that aliens would be there, and you can just uncheck them.

Never assume...the aliens can not be turned off like the supernaturals via the mailbox.
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: No requests, please
Page 1 of 2