Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 4:29 PM Last edited by Le Carrera : 16th Nov 2012 at 9:41 PM.
Default Favourite season?!
What's your favourite season so far?!

I haven't tried playing around with the others yet, but so far I'm finding that Winter is AWESOME.

For starters, the snow is utterly beautiful, and all the neighborhoods look so wonderful blanketed in snow! :lovestruc

Making snow angels is kewl.

So is wrecking them.

Building igloos together is fun.

And so is doing the horizontal boogie in em afterwards.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 4:43 PM
Haven't looked at Spring yet but here's my opinions on the rest. Summer activities is fun but it's the 'default season' so the world looks the same boring old sun (unless it rains). Fall's activities are kinda boring in comparison but it's my favourite season IRL and the trees/world look stunning. Winter looks beautiful (with the snow and the world) and I like the activities too. So I guess I like winter the best 'cause it has good activities and has a beautiful world.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 5:08 PM
So far, the only thing I'm enjoying about Fall is stomping on pumpkins.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 7:42 PM
I'm from south florida! *ALL* of the seasons are my favourite! I wish I had a Seasons EP for my life.

Autumn was great but winter is really killing me. It's so pretty I have to resort to teary eyed emoticons :')
Scholar
#5 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 7:59 PM
It's between Winter and Autumn for me. Summer and Spring just don't differentiate themselves enough from the base game. Would have been a real plus for Spring if they had made trees and bushes bloom for Spring, like they do IRL. But no. =(

Winter's effects are gorgeous.

But sadly, if you take away the effects and the snow, winter is a bit underwhelming in annoying ways. EA did nothing with the flowering bushes. They left them green, and with the flowers on them. Now there are plants that flower during the winter (the poinsettia flower is a winter flower plant, for example), but I seriously doubt that if we looked at the real life counterparts for all of these bushes in TS3, those counterparts would all keep their leaves, much less their flowers, for the winter.

In The Sims 2, the developers at least knew to remove the flowers.

But since I really don't like the look of the flowers on those plants, I hardly use them, so I haven't noticed as much as I normally would.

Enough complaining, though! Autumn may ultimately win this one. Just because I think it is done remarkably well this time around. The gradual changing of the leaves and falling off the trees and scattering on the ground, combined with the atmospheric effects really gives that great autumn look I love.

I know, shame on me for using one of EA's photos instead of my own. But I have not yet taken one that I feel really gives off that essence better than this one.

Some will argue that the leaves become too vibrant, but I don't really care. I'm just happy to have some variation from the base-game.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 9:58 PM
Fall is a little too realistic. It takes freaking forever to rake up all the leaves. It's boring and dirty IRL, the same in simland. If it's supposed to be just like real life, they should have offered a landscaping service to come in and do a fall cleanup. It does look awfully pretty, though.
Instructor
#7 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 11:08 PM
Winter

Summer is kind of lame, it's just like the base game but with sun tan.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 12:38 AM
Winter, all the way! It's my favourite in RL and same goes with Sims.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 1:50 AM
Winter is my favorite season, even though i hate it in real life lol. Its so beautiful and theres plenty of fun things for my sims to do. also, i think its cute how puppies and kittens tunnel through the snow.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 1:58 AM
Winter. Same goes for my favorite season in real life too.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#11 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 4:34 AM
Autner for me in RL (autumn/winter). Yes, it has to be both of them because I can't choose between the two. And it's the same for Seasons. I actually got cold the other night playing my Sunset Valley family at the Festival when it was snowing! My husband laughed at me.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Eminence Grise
#12 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Fall is a little too realistic. It takes freaking forever to rake up all the leaves. It's boring and dirty IRL, the same in simland. If it's supposed to be just like real life, they should have offered a landscaping service to come in and do a fall cleanup. It does look awfully pretty, though.

Maids will rake the leaves, I was happy to find
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi

Oh, so the maids do it. My maid has been slacking, I guess I should fire him and get Bonehilda to do it :D
And so far I like winter. I love the look of everything, plus you get to snowboard. But I wish there was more outwear to choose from for the teens and children. Haven't seen spring yet though.

"When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye" (≧◡≦)
Story: Take Care
Simblr: marblecakepanda
。◕‿◕。
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 10:07 AM
Well the Sim world is the only place I can really enjoy winter now, with global warming and such, it doesn't snow as much as it used to around here... it's twice as expensive to go snowboarding these days, because they have to produce a huge amount of artificial snow just to make the mountain useable.
One Minute Ninja'd
#15 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi

Actually, so does Bonehilda. It seems to be a cure for the harassing tots and pets problem too. As long as you have your kids in the Fall, Bonehilda doesn't seem to have time to harass the baby/toddlers. She's too busy raking leaves. Thing is, I'm currently on a 40X40 lot, with a few trees, and even with Bonhilda, dripping wet, and the household pitching in, it's impossible to find enough time to clean up all the leaves on the lot. Maybe the harvester can somehow be modded into a leaf blower, or a leaf vacuum.
Alchemist
#16 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by itsamariokart
Winter

Summer is kind of lame, it's just like the base game but with sun tan.

Agree. Also, I thought it was supposed to rain in summer, as well. Still, no rain. My sim even checked the weather from the paper and the whole coming week was supposed to be rainy. It wasn't. Though, this one guy did keep using his umbrella on and off.
Scholar
#17 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 3:26 PM
maybe you dont have to rake the leaves? i used to on ts2, then got sick of it and gave up, and they went on there own

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Scholar
#18 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
maybe you dont have to rake the leaves? i used to on ts2, then got sick of it and gave up, and they went on there own

They don't go away in The Sims 3, or if they do it takes a long time. I just had my game go through winter to Spring and when the snow melted the leaves were still there on the ground.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#19 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
They don't go away in The Sims 3, or if they do it takes a long time. I just had my game go through winter to Spring and when the snow melted the leaves were still there on the ground.

oh how annoying... hopefully someone gets a mod.

i can imagine the first few times its like 'ooh leaf raking' and then by the end of autumn your just like 'i cant be bothered' and the novelty has worn off...

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Eminence Grise
#21 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Agree. Also, I thought it was supposed to rain in summer, as well. Still, no rain. My sim even checked the weather from the paper and the whole coming week was supposed to be rainy. It wasn't. Though, this one guy did keep using his umbrella on and off.

It CAN rain in the summer... and hail... and thunderstorm. But just like real life, it's random. (And just like real life, the weather forecast is often wrong )

Sims will use parasols for sun protection. They look like umbrellas but it's a different object.
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 3:03 PM
Oh Winter, all the way. It's my favourite season by far, and here in England, all we seem to get is rain! I just wish EA had included some better Outdoor Clothing. The Ugg style boots are really WEIRD! Someone's just released a nice set of coats on TSR and I'm hoping they'll add better boots! (I have a thing about boots...)
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 12:23 AM
I'm playing autumn at the moment and I love it. The mist, the misty windows, atmosphere is great. I'm looking forward to cute outerwear for toddlers
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 10:18 PM
Fall all the way! Love the look of the Season! Frost and condensed air coming from my Sims. Lovely tree colors, myst/fog and with Supernatural I was down at the park and a full moon started so I turned the music off and went in the haunted house with Zombies spawning around lol. Either way looks amazing! Winter also looks amazing, but Fall is my favorite for sure! (Same in real life though!)
Forum Resident
#25 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
oh how annoying... hopefully someone gets a mod.

i can imagine the first few times its like 'ooh leaf raking' and then by the end of autumn your just like 'i cant be bothered' and the novelty has worn off...

I think there's a way to mod it, but I'd need to test it and see if it works - it's in the XML code, but it's not clear which way is 'get rid of all the leaves by spring' and which is 'don't get rid of any leaves', or whether it works on lots.
Page 1 of 2