Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 2:24 AM
Default "Katy Perry Sweet Treats" and "Showtime Katy Perry Edition" discontinued by EA.
So I heard on LGR's livestream of "Open For Business" that apparently EA has stopped selling "Katy Perry Sweet Treats" and the Katy Perry Collector's Edition of "Showtime". I haven't managed to find an official statement from EA about this, but you can no longer buy them on Origin or Steam:

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/...ulation/sims#88
http://store.steampowered.com/searc...4__12&term=sims

So if you want to experience their sugar-coated awfulness, you'll have to buy a used copy on eBay or Amazon. I'm guessing they've stopped selling them due to some copyright issue with Katy Perry, and not because of the horrible reception they've gotten.

So what does everyone think? Do you like that they've gotten rid of them? Hate that they've done it? Are you planning to sell your copy of "Sweet Treats" for millions? I personally am indifferent about it.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 2:30 AM
Who cares. That was the worst stuff pack of all time. Even the Sims 2 Holiday pack was better, and that was pretty awful too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Who cares. That was the worst stuff pack of all time. Even the Sims 2 Holiday pack was better, and that was pretty awful too.

I dunno. I just find it kinda funny that everyone hates it and it is the first Stuff Pack that EA/Maxis has ever pulled from the shelves in the 13-year history of the Sims. I actually want a copy of "Sweet Treats" just to bask in how awful it is. Maybe if I can find it for $5- $10 on Amazon or something.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmoman49
I dunno. I just find it kinda funny that everyone hates it and it is the first Stuff Pack that EA/Maxis has ever pulled from the shelves in the 13-year history of the Sims. I actually want a copy of "Sweet Treats" just to bask in how awful it is. Maybe if I can find it for $5- $10 on Amazon or something.

Trust me, it was awful. $30 for a pack with nothing but poorly designed objects all related to a terrible singer.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 3:01 AM
Quote:
I'm guessing they've stopped selling them due to some copyright issue with Katy Perry

That would make no sense, considering she explicitly agreed to them, and apparently loves the Sims.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 3:12 AM
The 'word' is that the contract expired and wasn't renewed, so they can't sell it anymore.

It'd make sense they didn't renew it with Sims 4 coming out, tbh.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Instructor
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 3:16 AM
Not surprising, really. I don't think I heard anyone say anything positive about that SP. I own it though, got it on a good sale. Personally I thought the clothes were godawful, but some of the candy furniture was kinda cute. Obviously not worth more than five bucks though.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 3:24 AM
First Sims related stuff I skipped completely in the franchise ever. Not interested in download it illegally either. I just don't want this on my game at all.
Alchemist
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 4:01 AM
That stuff pack makes me so embarrassed. I would never have installed that if someone paid me to. It's just disgusting. I hope this is the last I ever hear of it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mukora
That would make no sense, considering she explicitly agreed to them, and apparently loves the Sims.

She "loves" the Sims? I was under the impression that she had no idea what the Sims was until EA approached her or something. I recall seeing this one video where she called Showtime an "extension" pack.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 4:40 AM
I like Katy Perry and her songs, but that stuff pack was horrendous. I also dislike her style. She'd look way prettier if she stopped with the candy-related theme.
Instructor
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BartholomewMaximillion
She "loves" the Sims? I was under the impression that she had no idea what the Sims was until EA approached her or something. I recall seeing this one video where she called Showtime an "extension" pack.

If I recall correctly, she did a song or two for Sims 2 in their later expansions.
So it's not like she's new to the franchise.

Also:
Extension:
A part that is added to something to enlarge or prolong it; a continuation.

Expansion:

The action of becoming larger or more extensive.

Just because she got the lingo wrong, doesn't mean anything - especially considering either could be used in this syntax.

Don't mind me - not attacking or anything. Just splitting hairs!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rulue
I like Katy Perry and her songs, but that stuff pack was horrendous. I also dislike her style. She'd look way prettier if she stopped with the candy-related theme.

I think she has stopped the whole "Candyfornia" theme. She did a video where she essentially holds a funeral for her sweet, sugary self and become tougher.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 6:02 AM
Here's the ''offical" confirmation, via simsvip: http://simsvip.com/2013/08/10/retir...y-sweet-treats/

I actually like some of her music. And I don't mind simlish versions on my Sim's radio. I just didn't want that clusterfuck anywhere near my computer. Up until that point, I bought all the EP's/SP's, and was looking forward to having the complete collection. Of course, since that will never happen now, I didn't feel a twinge of guilt over skipping 70's,80's,90's as well.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 6:29 AM
Hey, 70s 80s 90s has... one thing. that's cool.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Here's the ''offical" confirmation, via simsvip: http://simsvip.com/2013/08/10/retir...y-sweet-treats/

-goes to link- -see's people saying they liked the pack- -cries-
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BubbelsDarling

Talk bad about it on the officials and you'll see people actually defend it.

As for me, I almost gave up on the Sims when that crap came out. It was a slap in a face to me that they could blow money on celebrity endorsements but not to fix bugs. All I have to say about this news is good riddance (though I doubt EA has learned anything from it).
Field Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 3:29 PM
They'll be discontinuing every EP and SP soon enough.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 3:30 PM
Ahahahahahahahaha good riddance.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 6:50 PM
heh. It's funny though, most people hated the concept and don't mind Katy Perry, my reasons for not supporting the pack are the opposite.. I thought it would've come in handy for a frivolous Adventure Time-esque world (though I'm sure I'd get over the novelty in about 2 minutes), but I would never willing put any money toward Katy Perry, so it's a no-go for me.
Theorist
#21 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 6:53 PM Last edited by DJ. : 19th Jul 2017 at 7:38 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Quote: Originally posted by BubbelsDarling

Screenshots
Space Pony
#22 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 9:34 PM
Now if they will only release a patch to the game that will block Katy Perry crap out of the game?

You know, a patch that will remove the stuff pack's icon on the launcher :P
Mad Poster
#23 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 9:51 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 23rd Aug 2013 at 4:06 AM.
The irony of hating this SP is that is has one of the best bar stools and tables in this era.

Talk about bittersweet.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 1:07 AM
I actually liked the Katy Perry SP. Some of the outfits are pretty fun to wear to silly parties to add some flavor to the usual banal flavor of most Townie scheduled events.

As for why it was pulled... probably the licensing contract expired and her record label decided not to renew it. Honestly, it's why The Sims should stay away from real-world people and things. Too often the power to make or break the [insert celebrity/brand name] themed expansion isn't in the hands of EA. Not that I have any love for EA, but I'd at least prefer that they have final say over what can and cannot go into The Sims.
Scholar
#25 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 11:31 AM
This is Step 1, Step 2 is to get that little gadget from Men In Black and flash the whole world so we all forget it ever existed in the first place.

Then they can go bury all the copies that remain in the same landfill they threw all the ET cartridges into back in the 80s.
Page 1 of 3