Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2015 at 1:13 AM
Default The Asylum Rebuilt
Story:
Your main character escaped the first asylum. The public was shocked to hear the conditions of the previous asylum. The public demanded a new place for all sims of all ages to be built. The state agreed and finished the construction quickly. You now play as a sim in the newly made asylum. But now, you won't be getting off so easy...

CAS:

Three young adults (non-controllable)
-Must be insane
-All wear the same outfit
-Hair can be different
-One must be evil
-One must be romantic
-One must be childish
(only one sim can have each of those traits)
-No 'money making' traits or aspirations

Three children (non-controllable)
-Must be insane
-All wear the same outfit
-Other traits are your choice

Therapist (Controllable)
-Can be young adult or adult
-Give lab-ish outfit
-Cannot be insane
-Must be genius and family oriented
-Give Aspiration 'Big Happy Family'

Your Character (Main Character)
-Can be young adult or child
-Wear the same uniform as others their age
-Must be Insane

You need:
-A room for each and every sim (must resemble an actual padded asylum room)
-Give each room a personal bathroom
-A cafeteria and kitchen
-A library
-An outdoor area
-A wall around the whole lot with no way out
-An office
-A luxury bedroom (does not resemble an asylum room, its the therapist's room)
-A media room
-Play area (for the kids)

Advice:
-Make the first floor for the kitchen, cafeteria, library, office, etc.
-Make the second floor for young adults and therapist
-Make third floor for kids

Rules:
1. The more friendship you have with the Therapist, the more 'luxuries' you may add to your room
2. You may use cheats for money, as this asylum is funded by the state
3. You may only control the therapist when your character is asleep or on Saturdays
4. Every Saturday, you control the Therapist and you must 'meet' with every patient (sit in the office and chat with the patients for at least an hour).
5. Control only your character unless you are supposed to control the Therapist
6. None of the sims may have jobs
7. Between 7:30 pm and 7:30 am, keep all characters in their rooms (curfew)
8. Romances are allowed

You have completed the challenge if you have become friends with all patients and have completed your aspiration. You may only be admitted out of the asylum on a saturday, so even if you've completed everything, you must wait until it's Saturday.

Extra/ Bonus:
-Play as each character and try to get each character out of the asylum.
-Admit more sims into the asylum and play as them
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 8:45 PM
cant wait to have a go
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 9:50 PM
Had so much fun with other asylum challenges going to have to try this one. Thanks for the post.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 12:43 AM
Got all my sims made and my building done. :-) I will be controlling Lorena.
Ps sorry for all the spelling/grammar errors. I plead excessive lack of sleep. :-)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
Got all my sims made and my building done. :-) I will be controlling Lorena.
Ps sorry for all the spelling/grammar errors. I plead excessive lack of sleep. :-)

Your character's look awesome..would love to see your building too! I'm thinking of trying this challenge as well
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsgeneration
Your character's look awesome..would love to see your building too! I'm thinking of trying this challenge as well

The outside of my building is very plain. I went with a modern, minimalist look. You enter into a hallway that leads out to the garden area, left to the doctors office or right into the day room. the second building across the garden has the stairs to the second floor and the kitchen dinning area.

All of the private rooms are on the second floor. ( I did not make it three floors) The doctor's room is quite large and nicely furnished. (but not lavish).

I would love to see your pics as well if you do this challenge. I enjoying seeing other ideas. :-)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
The outside of my building is very plain. I went with a modern, minimalist look. You enter into a hallway that leads out to the garden area, left to the doctors office or right into the day room. the second building across the garden has the stairs to the second floor and the kitchen dinning area.

All of the private rooms are on the second floor. ( I did not make it three floors) The doctor's room is quite large and nicely furnished. (but not lavish).

I would love to see your pics as well if you do this challenge. I enjoying seeing other ideas. :-)

Looks great! Especially liking the garden area and how you manage to fit bedrooms (with bathrooms) all on the second floor! I will definitely post my progress once I do get started with this challenge. Thanks again for posting this!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 6:20 PM
I'll have to try this.