Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 12:23 AM
Default Dating Bonehilda ?
I was playing SN and had a Bonehilda coffin. No big deal right?

Well, my sim gets a call from Bonehilda asking for a date. I thought she was in her box! Okay, I need to get the skinny on this so gonna get my date on...

Go on the date, and the sim isn't Bones... it's a regular sim. But... it was Bonehilda and she worked as a maid.

Was this a glitch? It's never happened to me but that one time. Sometimes, I play too long. Also, this sim was a real loner, who didn't have much contact with other sims for long time, and chatted often with his Bonehilda whenever he needed social and to no one else.

Has this every happened to anyone else?
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 12:33 AM
Never happened to me. How did the date go? Bones any good in bed? Bet she made it right after............
Instructor
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 1:05 AM
DON'T GO ON THE DATE! Oh too late well at least it doesn't appear to have glitched like it does for most people.

Basically if your Bonehilda ever goes missing and you get that date offer don't go. It's bad juujuu.

It's never happend to me but I read alot about it when I was looking for a way to add Bonehilda to the active family.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 8:41 PM
I know in TS2 that if you got date calls (or any calls) from NPCs like Grim or the Therapist that it was a nono and that it might corrupt your game. Not sure about TS3, but I wouldn't recommend ever accepting it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 11:39 PM
There are no real NPC in TS3. Even the service Sims are full Sims, so interacting with them in any way should not lead to hood corruption. IIRC the worst thing that can happen when a service Sim can not fulfill his role, is that a new one is created.
Instructor
#6 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by minutegold
There are no real NPC in TS3. Even the service Sims are full Sims, so interacting with them in any way should not lead to hood corruption. IIRC the worst thing that can happen when a service Sim can not fulfill his role, is that a new one is created.

Nope, for example: there are only three Grim Reapers so adding one to your household will potentially corrupt your game. While Bonehilda is potentially infinite she's linked to her coffin and that can lead to gaming errors if she doesn't go back to it.

There is a well documented error of a buggy Bonehilda wandering off the lot becoming undismissable sending you a date request and crashing your game.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 3:28 PM
So I suppose my sims asking the cow from the Farm Fresh Folk set to move in with them was not such a good idea either?
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 5:46 PM
Kewl. Does the cow call you up and ask for a date?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
Kewl. Does the cow call you up and ask for a date?

Yeah, she thinks they would be able to make beautiful moo-sic together. I thought this was a serious thread, but now we're being udderly ridiculous.
(hate it when I can't decide which pun to use)
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 11:33 PM
Well minuetgold there are taxi drivers. Has anybody tried adding a cab driver to there world?
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
Nope, for example: there are only three Grim Reapers so adding one to your household will potentially corrupt your game. While Bonehilda is potentially infinite she's linked to her coffin and that can lead to gaming errors if she doesn't go back to it.

There is a well documented error of a buggy Bonehilda wandering off the lot becoming undismissable sending you a date request and crashing your game.

Reason 127 not to add eps to your game.
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 12:26 PM
I guess I didn't associate the game crashing with the Bonehilda date. I was hoping it was a feature and not a omen of the end of the world.
Instructor
#13 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 8:08 AM
Got asked out by the Grim Reaper once... he showed up not in his Grimmy outfit, but naked and headless. Charming.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
Got asked out by the Grim Reaper once... he showed up not in his Grimmy outfit, but naked and headless. Charming.

Wait, it sounds like you are saying IRL you are not supposed to do this?
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 2:21 PM
Default About the Grim Reaper
I could have sword I was buds with Grimmy once... I've been trying to do that again. Here's what the Carl's guide says about Grimmy...
Death: The Grim Reaper Cometh
The Grim Reaper from the Sims 3 playing with Virtual Reality GogglesWhen a Sim dies on your lot, the grim reaper will appear to harvest their soul. The Sim's body will disappear and the spirit will leap into the urn or gravestone. Before the patches came, Sims could befriend and eventually woohoo with the reaper to get a grim reaper baby. We wonder why the developers included this feature initially and removed it. Was in unintended or over the line? We'll never know for sure. Your Sim can socialize with the reaper, and even add him to their list of contacts but he will only come when a Sim has died, so socializing further is impossible. The ability to create reaper babies is a thing of the past. The reaper is known to stick around a bit at times and do some silly things, as in this picture with the reaper using the virtual reality goggle

Ah poop. You mean EA Patched it out? Dang it.