Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Updated* A Whole New Dimension: OMSPs Revisited and Improved!

by SilentLucidity Posted 13th Feb 2009 at 2:12 PM - Updated 14th May 2009 at 6:26 PM by SilentLucidity : revisions, spelling

270 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 11
Test Subject
#76 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 12:48 PM
absolutely incredible. I've been sitting here, hardly awake, first cup of coffee getting cold, staring and reading in disbelief...You are a genius!! Thank you thank you!!!!
Field Researcher
#77 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 12:57 PM
Truly amazing and sooo much work, wow!!!
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentLucidity
Okay, yeah, it's actually quite simple to do. I could add some to this set, if people want. What increments of rotation would you like to see? I just now tried altering the Z Quaternion by 11.25, which combined with the 45 degree angle cheat will give you rotations of 56.25, 101.25 and 146.25. Doing 33.75 also would give you the missing mid-range angles of those: 33.75, 78.75, 123.75 and 168.75. Those would give you a fairly wide variety of rotation, but I could also go smaller than that with 5.625 and 16.875, which would give you eight more options, with very slight differences in rotation. That would be four more shelves total.

Yeah right........(like I know wtf a Z Quater-majigit is)......just do it already!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 2:34 PM
What a fantastic set! Wow! Thank you!!
Do you plan to provide a collection file?
Test Subject
#80 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 5:02 PM
I was looking for the perfect set of OMSPs for my story, and this one came along at the right time! I just love it and I think I'll use it often!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 6:20 PM Last edited by Sphinx287 : 14th Feb 2009 at 6:25 PM.
That's the BEST THING EVURRR!!! Thank you SO much! (I think I luv ya...) :lovestruc
Instructor
#82 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 6:36 PM
As everyone has already said more eloquently than I--THANK YOU!!--I love these!
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 7:01 PM
Useful like all OMSP's... and funny too
Thanks for it!

And... Happy Valentines Day! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Test Subject
#84 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 7:29 PM
Okay, yeah, it's actually quite simple to do. I could add some to this set, if people want. What increments of rotation would you like to see? I just now tried altering the Z Quaternion by 11.25, which combined with the 45 degree angle cheat will give you rotations of 56.25, 101.25 and 146.25. Doing 33.75 also would give you the missing mid-range angles of those: 33.75, 78.75, 123.75 and 168.75. Those would give you a fairly wide variety of rotation, but I could also go smaller than that with 5.625 and 16.875, which would give you eight more options, with very slight differences in rotation. That would be four more shelves total.

I find that 10 degree increments are generally small enough for most purposes, even 15 would probably be fine.

As for the etiquette in duplicating someone else's work, well I really think that AnoeskaB (and TSR more pointedly) should release hack-like things like these to the wider public. To keep it locked up stifles innovation.

Duplication is a waste of everyone's time but in this case, doing it would open the way for more people to examine your work and possibly build on it in the future.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#85 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 8:21 PM
M0rgaine, yes, I can do a collection file. Give me time, I've suddenly got other things on my plate. Should be up by tomorrow though, I should think.

Quote: Originally posted by snowmoon2001
I find that 10 degree increments are generally small enough for most purposes, even 15 would probably be fine.

As for the etiquette in duplicating someone else's work, well I really think that AnoeskaB (and TSR more pointedly) should release hack-like things like these to the wider public. To keep it locked up stifles innovation.

Duplication is a waste of everyone's time but in this case, doing it would open the way for more people to examine your work and possibly build on it in the future.

You think 10 would be good? I was kind of leaning towards 5.625, which is half of 11.25, of the extra angle set, but if people think 10 degrees is small enough I can stick with that. Anyone else want to chime in with an opinion?
Top Secret Researcher
#86 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 9:24 PM
Oh this is VERY awesome. I laughed my butt off when I saw the furniture falling over.

Lab Assistant
#87 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 12:36 AM
Wow! *Nothing else to be said*
Test Subject
#88 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 2:04 AM
You think 10 would be good? I was kind of leaning towards 5.625, which is half of 11.25, of the extra angle set, but if people think 10 degrees is small enough I can stick with that. Anyone else want to chime in with an opinion?

Well, 5 degrees would be twice as good as 10! I was thinking of the minimum increment that would still cover most uses. I'm sure if you made the extra increments, those who don't need finer adjustments could leave off some of them, provided you implement it as multiple OMSPs.

Have you decided whether you want to do it that way, or as multiple slots instead?
Test Subject
#89 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 3:58 AM
Quote:
"...you can stick them two levels down in the yard and forget about them."

hahaha. 12 feet under, right?
excellent ideas. good job :3
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 4:26 AM
This will revolutionise the pictures in sims stories. Bravo! I can't wait to try it out.
Alchemist
#91 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 6:27 AM
Marvellous! I'm happy to see you are going to do a free version of Anoeska's set, it's silly to bottle up such a hack on subscription. I think 10-degree increments would be enough, but whatever you like really.

One suggestion (maybe for next time): you culd halve the number of files in the set by slaving most of the mehses to one of the basic ones. The invisible recolour would only have to be made (and stored) once, that way.

Thanks so much for these, it's a very innovative creation! Now I just have to decide if I'm keeping any of the old ones.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 7:16 AM
I think these are absolutely wonderful - you rock!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#93 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 8:06 AM Last edited by SilentLucidity : 15th Feb 2009 at 8:13 AM.
aelflaed, I am working on rotating ones, but it might be a bit, since I've run into a bit of a snag.

That's a good idea about the mesh-slave. I don't actually know how to do that yet, but I will certainly keep that in mind if I ever do something like this again. It would have been nice to only do the invisible recolor once...

Thanks, Calalily!

snowmoon2001, I've started working on doing that many-slot version, but like I said above, I've run into the very problem I foresaw while rambling on about possibly doing them that way. I am seeking help from more awesome people.

For base game use, or any expansions before OFB, it seems, the simplified CRES rotation will have to do, with many shelves of different starting degrees to accomplish the same thing. It will be cumbersome, but it's the only way I can see of doing it.
Test Subject
#94 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 9:12 AM
This set is absolutely fantastic. You've given me a reason to actually open up my game and try some proper story telling/picture shooting again.

Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#95 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 10:27 AM
Woh! A revolution for all sims decorators! Thank you so much for taking the time to do these and sharing! <3
Test Subject
#96 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 12:16 PM
Hello,

this is the most amazing invention! I just love to look at your first picture! Great work, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#97 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 2:06 PM
UHH! NICE! thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#98 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 3:16 PM
Well, I really hate to disappoint those that were looking forward to the rotating OMSPs (free ones), but I've done some more investigating and it is going to be above my head right now, as it requires adding/altering BHAVs and that is just not my forte.
Field Researcher
#99 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 3:57 PM
Wow!!! Thanks so very much!!
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 9:07 PM
OH MY GOD.

You are freaking brilliant.

I could kiss you.
Page 4 of 11