Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:59 PM
Default Breathe No More
Ok... so i kind of stink at the whoe movie making thing... and i'm studying things and working really hard on my next one.... bu i would like some criticism on this one, just in case you have any ideas on how i could make the next one better.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3mu6o1-4G8
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:28 PM
Okay. First of all, never record with sound recording enabled. It severely slows down your footage and makes all the motion very choppy. Secondly, do not show plumbbobs and speech bubbles. If you have Nightlife, use the cheats "plumbbobtoggle off" and "showHeadlines false". There is a hacked object somewhere on MTS2 that can remove sleeping ZZZs for you. Never show the sky inside a house, use the Ceiling Tiles which are also available on MTS2. And ALWAYS record with walls up. Things should look as realistic as possible, and real houses do not have walls cutaway.

I noticed alot of surrealism and symbolism throughout the movie, so I don't know what was intended, but know that it cannot rain on a sunny day or a clear night. I don't know if there's any way to put clouds in the sky, but it could not be raining in that kind of weather. Also it couldn't be raining inside, clearly.

This would have been a good video if not for those mistakes. We all make mistakes, but that's no excuse. Be more careful with the next one and it might be good.
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 6:13 PM
the thing with the sky in the house is intended... although i don't remember why exactly.
i didn't have nightlife at the time i made this, and was not quite sure how to get rid of the speech bubbles and such.
Thank you for your criticism, though!
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 9:04 PM
Actually, even without Nightlife you could have gotten rid of the Plumbbobs by entering "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true", shift-clicking on the plumbbob and choosing "Force error". Then when the error message choose "delete".
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 11:06 PM
Apart from the sleeping Zs and the sky being viewed and cut away walls, I really enjoyed it.

(Great song too, but I wish it went on for longer!)
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 1:58 AM
like i said, i was really new to that kind of stuff, only had university, and was generally confused while making this. thank you for your comments=)