Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 7:29 PM
Default Walled City - Wall Limit Loophole?
Because I am apparently incapable of finishing projects lately, I'll just keep starting new ones...

This is an idea I've had for a while and was concerned (rightly) that it wouldn't work within the wall limits of the game. It was suggested that using Numenor's unleveled walls and Mootilda's Convertiwall might be a way to get around this limitation without needing to include CC in the actual upload, and so once I hit the wall limit here, I decided to test that theory. While I can see that it works from an aesthetic and functional standpoint in MY game, I can't test whether it actually functions properly for users who don't have custom walls in their game. The upload wizard doesn't detect any CC, but in this case I don't trust it completely, so I want to get confirmation from actual users that there's not any weird missing walls or CC glitches if you install this lot without having Numenor's special walls installed in your game. (In particular pay attention to the area around the rear gate- this is where I was using custom walls that hopefully converted properly, but at the moment I don't know!)

Please let me know, thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Fantasy Walled City.zip (3.10 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 10:16 AM Last edited by KatKaleen : 29th Aug 2019 at 2:24 PM.
Works in my game with no build-related mods.
I first checked in build mode for missing walls, and everything looks alright, no strange gaps anywhere.
Then I chased a sim around the lot, walls work as intended, blocking the way, no clipping detected.

Wallpapers are missing in some interior rooms, but that's probably just because it's a work in progress.
(Attached a pic of the rear gate. EDIT: Or so I thought. EDIT2: I think I got it now.)
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 6:14 PM
@KatKaleen , thank you very much! That helps a lot, and I feel like I can actually continue with this project now (I didn't want to waste my time on it if it wouldn't work to upload in the end!). Wallpapers on the interior rooms are definitely not finished, so I don't think that should indicate any kind of problem, especially if there's still wallpaper on the exterior walls. If you didn't see any holes in the town walls or gaps in the exterior walls of the buildings, and you don't have Numenor's unleveled walls installed in your game, I think everything is good (though if you can attach that screenshot, that would be ideal!)

Thanks again!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 8:00 PM
I am honestly mesmerized by the virtue you show in your creations.
My simmies live in houses designed for effiency.