Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 9:37 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 21st Feb 2010 at 8:44 AM.
Default (Gave up and finally found something else that worked) Objects refuse to be made repository
I've made a set of deco boxes cloned from the little bonsai tree. I'm trying to make the biggest one the master and the other 2 slaves but it won't work. In SimPE, there is a . instead of a - in the filename (after the ]..it's usually ]-, not ].) I was wondering if that would be why I can't get them to take the repository technique. But it didn't stop me from doing recolors.

I did have to re-import the master box's mesh. I thought doing that would break everything, so I redid the master/slave steps. Should I have done something differently? Come to think of it, I had to redo my roof support mesh and the recolors still worked for it without me redoing those.

In case you're wondering why I chose the little bonsai tree- I needed something that would shift. I used the bowl of fruit first and it wouldn't shift- so I went in game and picked base game objects until I found one that would shift. So the choice was kind of random.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 11:13 PM
There is one character your not supposed to use in the scengraph, errr....it is either the - or _ or maybe the . Try a fix integrity and see if that helps. It may have something to do with it.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 11:44 PM
I didn't use any characters in the scenegraph. The .'s are in the filenames themselves. There are 2 recolorable subsets and the label on the box is a subset that I added. When I first did these I didn't even notice there was a . instead of a - and SimPE wouldn't let me see a preview of the label. That's when I noticed the . After I changed all the -'s to .'s I could see a preview. (With the default texture I mean.)
I'll try a fix integrity, but I've got a feeling I'm gonna have to use something else if I want these to be repository. Each one WILL recolor though- and the files are small enough that..*bleh*, I prefer repository dangit!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 7:04 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 21st Feb 2010 at 8:47 AM.
Sorry for the double post. I just got back to these today. Doing a fix integrity didn't change a thing. Is there something else I can try? Does anyone think that if I change all the .'s to -'s that will make it work?
At this point, it'd probably be easier to just pick another object to clone. But I'm still not sure which objects will shift and which won't. OR I could just forget about making these repository. *bleh @ that thought*

Edit: I never did get the originals to work. I finally foud something else that would work. But I'm still wondering if those .'s had anything to do with it? I tried changing them all to see, but it got too frustrating. There are alot of .'s, lol.