Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 6:45 PM
CC and the Sims3 builder
The reindeer stopped by to graze on the wildflowers out back. They let it slip, that Sims3 would probably be found under my tree this Christmas.

I've been reading a bit about different formats, issues of identifying creators, inclusion in lot package, etc. It makes me wonder about whether I will be a Sims3 lot uploader. Surely it can't be as bad as I imagine.

If you are building Sims3 lots for upload, how are you managing your download folder. Do you use CC in your lots? How are you tracking your CC so you know who to credit?

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 7:34 PM
Hello. My name is Bonnie. I am a ... uh ... er ... ***stutter*** download junkie.

Sounds hard. Very hard.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Typical
#3 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 7:50 PM
I find it harder to use CC. Simply because you have to track down all the creators and see if they allow you to ulpoad their creations in your upload.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:58 AM
Yes I agree with Lew.

My main difficulty is to remember who did which texture as there's no way to recognize them in game. So, for the time being, I delete the textures I have downloaded when I want to upload a lot (then I reinstall them for playing..) Not so parctical... huh !!

As regards the CC objects, I never download anything from creators who doesn't allow to add their creation in my uploads, neither do I for creators whom you have to request autorization. So I do not have problems. They are many, many creators who allow us to upload their creations with our lots, so I am using their stuffs better, it's much easier.
Typical
#5 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 4:59 PM
100% agree with Guardgian. I think the only lot I've ebr built with CC that I was palnning on uploading is the Fashion Street Shops (FSS...).
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 4:51 PM
Actually, I like the the way CC is working out in Sims3 - it makes it far easier for me to manage - my only frustration is with Sim Store content (which can only be installed through their installer) and the fact that custom content doesn't seem to bundle (at least with the patterns and it is more a pain for the downloader who has to resort to shopping lists than the uploader).

I download content and store it in clearly delineated folders from the get-go. Its more work upfront, but I learned from Sims 2 that it is worth it in the end. I also use different profiles on my PC. That way, depending on whether I am playing or building, I just go which ever profile (build has only store cc installed through the installer) and remove the "un-upload friendly" folders from the mods folder temporarily and I am good to go.
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:29 AM
Hi,
like GLachaille i also have a two way system, i run a sim3 installation on win7 offline with 3 GB of packages and a second installation without custom content on my www vista partition. When i upload something i put the item first in my clear sim3, correct things, eg missing textures, save and upload. So my uploads are always user friendly. Maybe i'm lazy and not willing to go through thousands of files, some with great names like 2085770201bahslw.package . . . aaaahhh yes, no, whatever... hope one day someone offers a freeware tool, i would be happy if this tool could tell me at least the filename of the custom content...