Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:35 PM
Default Has anyone gotten the weather stone to work its magic?
I found out what the weather totem thing is. The Supernaturals can do stuff with it to beg for weather change. My werewolf can ask for Hunter's Storm. He howled at the stone for a while and then got a message that the stone refused my guy's request.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:39 PM
Hmm... maybe you need a higher werewolf skill level? Is he a newbie werewolf?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:31 PM
Yeah he's brand new at being a werewolf. When he howls, he starts coughing.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:39 AM
I had my brand new werewolf howl she got the hunter storm on 1st try during late summer. When she was a witch trying too get the rain spell she got zapped by the weather stone.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:55 AM
well.. it works for me on my first try... and my werewolf is just.. level 3-4 ish I think... maybe it depends on luck and some other supernatural factors...

Woof !
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 3:13 AM
There's simply a success chance and a failure chance on it, like all the other crap they have in the game. Chance of failure when using the spells, failure on the performance artist tricks, chance of failure when repairing the stereo and then you're electrocuted and die, chance of failure when using Talk About Art, probably. This is one of the main strategies they developed for the game, or tragedies, rather.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 3:29 AM
I just got it to work. It was part of my sims "Worst Day in the History of Simhood" that I posted in OMG WTF are you doing?!?! It started with a 24 hour rain storm, then the freak snowstorm he caused with the Hunter's Storm and ended with him getting abducted by aliens.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 3:39 AM
I got it to work first time I tried it, with a witch Sim, she made it rain and rain and RAIN!! Right when it was turning fall the game crashed. I think it was cause I was looking at the neighborhood waiting for the leaves to turn colors in fast forward time ..... anyway on a new game now with a new sim and her adopted daughter, I wanted to go trick or treating and no one was home Now it is winter and has been snowing for 2 days, I'm afraid to zoom out! LOL So I thought I'd take a break and let the computer cool down a bit!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 3:27 PM
I let my fairy try and it worked the first time. Cute little flowers were raining down - very nice. Have to try with other occults though.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 6:23 PM
Is it possible to delete the weather stone? I don't play any of the supernaturals so I don't see any need for it. Well, I might keep it in Sunlit Tides just because it fits the decor, but that depends if it will keep showing the map tag 24/7 or not.

That the stupid marker/map tag showing where it was is ALWAYS on the screen. The family I'm playing lives way across town from the weather stone, but the little map tag thing that points it out is always on screen, even when they're at home. Now I want to delete it. It looks out of place anyway. It ended up right outside the hospital in the yard.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 7:32 PM
Don't know, because I haven't testet, but with Debug-Enabled there's usually a "Delete" option for everything - you could try it this way.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:02 PM
I read on the official forums that you can delete it, but it apparently will randomly pop up somewhere else in the world. Great. Now I'll need a mod to stop the stupid thing from reappearing in my neighborhoods. I only bought SN for the objects and clothing, I don't play the supernatural creatures (I tried, but I got bored too quickly) so I have no use for the weather stone anyway. I wish there was a way to disable to map tag in the meantime, though.
Instructor
#13 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:10 PM
I got the Bewitching Rain the other night. But honestly, I didn't note that any of the sims caught in the storm were acting any more differently than usual. It's still fun though.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!