Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:34 AM
Default No new town
Out of curiosity, what town is good for placing all the seasons lots? I am having a hard time finding any space for the big ones like the festival area and whatnot. I am truly challenged at editing the town.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:47 AM
forgive me if I got your message wrong, but why would you want All the seasons festival lot in one neighbourhood? D: That would break your game.. D:

The seasons lot are intended to replace the biggest park in the ( pre-made by EA) neighbourhood ( sunlit tides, Sunset Valley, etc etc).. like.. one per neighbourhood.. not ALL of them..

Woof !
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 2:14 AM
Just to clarify, the festival lot is auto-placed for EA towns. Every EA town has a custom version of it for that town, so you don't have to place it yourself. You get a copy of each of the five versions in the community lot bin you can use in custom worlds (only need to place one), and you also get an unmodified version of the lots those replace, in case you want to have your festival lot somewhere else and put the original park back.

If you've modified the park where the lot goes in your save game, I THINK the festival lot won't be auto-placed in that case... then you just have to pick one of the custom ones and find a spot for it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
If you've modified the park where the lot goes in your save game, I THINK the festival lot won't be auto-placed in that case... then you just have to pick one of the custom ones and find a spot for it.

I hope that's the case, as I've edited the lot in Sunlit Tides that gets replaced when installing Seasons. I'd prefer to use one of the big empty residential lots as a community lot for the festival. I ran a test save without my Mods folder, so after moving them back in (I've got a mod that doesn't let the game load that I need to find), I'll go to my original save game and see if that same lot's been replaced. I hope not, because I'd like to have that version without it being replaced by Seasons. All I did was take out the smaller bars and add two big ones from Late Night.

However, I wish EA had chosen to make a new world for this expansion. I have seen some images on Tumblr of Moonlight Falls in the winter and it's a rather gorgeous town.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 12:42 AM
ooooooh, I didn't know they were supposed to replace the big park in the town with the festival ones. I know there are certain ones for certain towns, I just couldn't fit them anywhere. But now I get it!

And ariffrazalin, yes, I knew I shouldn't put all the parks in one town. I wasn't very clear in my first post.