Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 5:28 PM
Outfits Per Season?
Hi guys, I was just wonder for those that have the game (sadly still waiting for my coping in the mail), could you please tell me if CAS is updated to pick outfits for each season in each category or is it just the same with the new outerwear section added. TIA

The reason I am asking is because I am having issues with dressers and mirrors messing up my aging so I usually don't mess with my Sims outfits unless they've just transitioned from an age-stage. So, I usually set outfits after aging-up and then let Nrass dresser rotate on a daily basis. I'm really hoping for outfits locked for each season (like make-up/hair can be locked per outfit) so that I don't have to keep changing Sims clothes to avoid things like skimpy clothing in winter ( lol, sorry I'm an OCD type player when it comes to little things in the game that others seems not to worry about).

If it's just outerwear section added would it be impossible to maybe do a MOD like explained above? Not by myself because I have little to no skill in modding! But was wondering if it was and impossible thing to request if not already a part of the game.

Once again TIA for taking the time to respond
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 6:13 PM
Outerwear is the only thing. No per-season outfits.

That might be a reasonable request for Twallan to add to the Dresser mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 6:30 PM
It has already been requested and noted for future consideration.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 6:48 PM
Ok, I don't get it. While this may be convenenient, I don't see the big deal in taking your sim to the dresser to change the outfit when the season changes. You can have multiple outfits per category, at least three, and more if you have the mod. If you have seasonal outfits in in your choices already, you just have your sim change into the season appropriate outfit.
Instructor
#5 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ksstrek
Ok, I don't get it. While this may be convenenient, I don't see the big deal in taking your sim to the dresser to change the outfit when the season changes. You can have multiple outfits per category, at least three, and more if you have the mod. If you have seasonal outfits in in your choices already, you just have your sim change into the season appropriate outfit.

I can probably speak for some of us on this issue... It's not really an "issue" per se, but I personally have over 100 outfits for my main Sim and it can be a bit of a hassle to change into a specific one for a specific occasion even with the Nraas Dresser mod. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has that many outfits activated with that mod either.

Having seasonal outfits, while not game breaking, would add a GREAT amount of flavor to my game. If Twallan graciously finds a way to do it, I will be so bouncyhappy. It will save my Sim from changing into a sundress and sandals while its snowing out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 7:11 PM
Velve: Thank you for your response

Twallan: * squeals* keeping fingers cross it will be possible. And Ty for all your hard work and wonderful mods, I can't play without them!

Ksstrek: That wasn't my point really and maybe I din't explain clearly. My bad. The problem for me is that anytime I use dresser, mirror, tattoos, edit in CAS, my Sims life-stage either does a total reset, adds or subtract days.I just recently noticed it after wondering why non of my elders were dying and my game was pretty much at a stand-still. I currently rotate 5 active families and noticed that non-actives that grew up with my Sims or use to be same age get old and die while my Sims seems to be forever stuck, or that twins/triples transition days or even weeks apart.I had no idea what was going on until I looked it up and found I wasn't the only one with the prob.

MY play-style: I can spend hours RT (literally) making over my Sims or their houses (infact I always have one sims in th stylist profession) on a daily basis just to end up playing only a few Sim-hours, and to me it'll be the most fun I ever had. So for me and MY play-style it is a big deal. Wether its a mod that can fix aging to work right or one for something I asked for above, I would be eternally grateful.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 7:28 PM
I seem to recall a mod fixing that dresser resetting age bug a long time ago. It was either one of Twallan's or Awesome.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ksstrek

I do that to my sims. But what's bothering me without build-in outfit-per-season function that ship with this EP is that other sims in town won't change their dress. So I see sims with mini skirt and flip-flop in fall (which can be quite chilling), and sims with turtle neck demi running around town in burning summer
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 7:47 PM
I have been changing my active Sims clothing to reflect the season with MC and if I see a NPC dressed in clothing that conflicts the season, I MC them too. I try to not let it bother me because the game doesn't have clothing in categories as being warmer or cooler, just have Outerwear. It is already a bugger to get them to wear outerwear, talking about the unactives.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 8:40 PM
So using the MC mod won't reset age? I've never used that one before because I use Awesome and was under the impressions I couldn't use both.I do however use the SP one and most of the others. I know that with Awesome MOD age gets messed up if I use the cheats (dresser/mirror), edit in cas or the old fashion way.
Instructor
#11 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 8:59 PM
I'd strongly suggest switching from AwesomeMod to the Nraas suite. It does just about everything AwesomeMod does, and A LOT more. I used AwesomeMod for over a year before switching to Nraas, and I haven't looked back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 9:15 PM
I was actually looking at the MC mod and thinking I may have to switch. I never used it before because when i first saw it I felt a little overwhelmed, lol. Now that I've used AM and NRass SP for so long I have a much clearer understanding of the features. I will def do what you suggest on my main Sims laptop once seasons finally gets here. Thank you
Field Researcher
#13 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 10:25 PM
I also use MC to change the townies if the way they are dressed bothers me. I have not had a problem with NPC's not having on coats when it is "cold" outside in my game.

I do not have hundreds of outfits activated for my active sims, usually 3-4or 5 and I can see how hundreds of outfits may need a mod to help with coordination. I never considered that you could have that many outfits activated. When the seasons change and there isn't an outfit that I find appropriate already activated I either take them to a dresser or use MC to change the outfits.
Instructor
#14 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 10:43 PM
The problem for me is that I have so much clothing related CC installed that when I go to the dresser to change outfits, it can take 5-10 minutes for all my shirts to load in the menu. Ditto pants and outfits. So instead of having to spend like 20-30 minutes just waiting for the menus to fully load whenever I want to change outfits, I use the Dresser mod to have all of them saved together. Plus the mod automatically rotates outfits on a daily basis, so I don't have to manually have my Sim change her "everyday" outfit each morning. Makes for a much more realistic game!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 10:46 PM
I'll have to try that. I haven't tried the dresser mod.
One Minute Ninja'd
#16 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GabyBee
The problem for me is that I have so much clothing related CC installed that when I go to the dresser to change outfits, it can take 5-10 minutes for all my shirts to load in the menu. Ditto pants and outfits. So instead of having to spend like 20-30 minutes just waiting for the menus to fully load whenever I want to change outfits, I use the Dresser mod to have all of them saved together. Plus the mod automatically rotates outfits on a daily basis, so I don't have to manually have my Sim change her "everyday" outfit each morning. Makes for a much more realistic game!

I have a lot of CAS CC as well, but generally stick with a few outfits per sim. If you allow Dresser to change the outfits randomly, how an you get coordination between tops and bottoms? I mean the game itself comes up with some really wild top/bottom combos for townies as is. Or, do you manually set all the matching tops/bottoms yourself, and just let Dresser do the rotation?
Instructor
#17 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 12:08 AM
I set all the matching tops/bottoms/shoes/accessories/etc. myself and Dresser just rotates the sets randomly. Everything stays coordinated. It's just like the default setting where you can have 3 outfits, but you can have unlimited with Dresser mod.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 12:20 AM
I tried the Dresser mod long time ago, was disappointed when half the town was wearing the WA Egyptian outfits and the other half was wearing the Asian outfits. Don't remember if there was settings at that time, just took it as failure on my part and stopped using it. If I can set up several outfits for changing everyday, I think it is worth me looking in it again.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GabyBee
I'd strongly suggest switching from AwesomeMod to the Nraas suite. It does just about everything AwesomeMod does, and A LOT more. I used AwesomeMod for over a year before switching to Nraas, and I haven't looked back.

You do know you don't have to switch? NRaas doesn't do everything AwesomeMod does, and vice versa, so you can just use both. The NRaas website has a list of which mods aren't compatible, and it's mostly just 'Awesome already does this' - and MasterController is definitely compatible with AwesomeMod - I use both.

If you are removing Awesome, remember to uninstall it from all your save games.

It also sounds like you've got a mod conflict somewhere (or an out of date mod), because none of those mods should cause age changes...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 2:57 AM
KittyCarey: If that's the case then I would love that even better as I've grown a little attached to my AM. Going back to check his site, thnks. I checked all mods none conflicts and all are up to date. I wasn't implying that any of the mods listed above caused this prob though, as I am also having same issue on my desktop which I keep vanilla. I think it has something to to with the fact that I play long-epic lifespans and also adjust the days of each stages to suite my style. I haven't noticed the prob with short lifespan the few times I played with that or maybe it was so short I didn't have time to take notice.

GabyBee: I play the same as you, anything to make my game more realistic works for me. I love dressing up my little pixel dolls most of all and for me it just makes more sense to have laundry in the game when sims change on their own daily and after each showers, lol.

lewisb40: I would encourage you to give it another try as it's been upgraded many times and might work better for you. There are also now setting you can turn certain options off.
Instructor
#21 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BeautyWitch
GabyBee: I play the same as you, anything to make my game more realistic works for me. I love dressing up my little pixel dolls most of all and for me it just makes more sense to have laundry in the game when sims change on their own daily and after each showers, lol.

Oh don't worry, my Sim still generates PLENTY of laundry. She still changes clothes automatically whenever she gets out of the shower, which generates laundry. The mod doesn't automatically change her clothes, it just shuffles around what is considered "everyday 1" in the clothing choices, which is what your Sim automatically changes into when they get out of the shower.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BeautyWitch
KittyCarey: If that's the case then I would love that even better as I've grown a little attached to my AM. Going back to check his site, thnks. I checked all mods none conflicts and all are up to date. I wasn't implying that any of the mods listed above caused this prob though, as I am also having same issue on my desktop which I keep vanilla. I think it has something to to with the fact that I play long-epic lifespans and also adjust the days of each stages to suite my style. I haven't noticed the prob with short lifespan the few times I played with that or maybe it was so short I didn't have time to take notice.

My misunderstanding then - I thought from what you were saying that it was causing the problem, and I remembered a discussion about it months ago that was caused by a mod and then was fixed, so I got the wrong idea.