Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:45 AM
Default Double Sunlit Tides After Installing Seasons
So I just got Seasons installed. I know that there is no new town included in the EP but I was wondering if anyone having this problem. After installing Seasons, my Sunlit Tides turns into Sunlit Tides and Sunlit Tides{1} in the new game option. So I'm having two Sunlit Tides which as a matter of fact, I only installed it once. I've painstakingly tried re-installing the whole game with its EP and SP and re-installed Sunlit Tides but nothing change. Although it seems there is no visible problems with the world, both of the Sunlit Tides work fine unless for the road. Everytime my sim drives pass the City Hall, they would just stop, getting out of the car, running a few feet away from the City Hall and then just drive again to their destination. This only happens in custom worlds and not the game included worlds. And about mod and CC, I've already took them out when I re-installed the game and loaded it without any mods and CC when the problems persist.
Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 1:05 AM
Check in the My Documents\ EA\ Sims3\ Installed Worlds folder and see if the SunlitTides.world file is in there twice. If it is, delete the extra one and the world will only show once in your game when starting a new game. Or move the extra file somewhere completely different on your harddrive if you feel more comfortable, instead of deleting it outright. This happened to me a few months ago, with three or four worlds, I never figured out what I had done with the Launcher to make this happen.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 10:03 AM Last edited by blackest_digital_artist : 9th Jan 2013 at 10:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Check in the My Documents\ EA\ Sims3\ Installed Worlds folder and see if the SunlitTides.world file is in there twice. If it is, delete the extra one and the world will only show once in your game when starting a new game. Or move the extra file somewhere completely different on your harddrive if you feel more comfortable, instead of deleting it outright. This happened to me a few months ago, with three or four worlds, I never figured out what I had done with the Launcher to make this happen.

Thank you. It worked. I indeed have the SunlitTides.world file twice in the installed world folder. I really have no idea it has something to do with the launcher so me neither can figure out what I had done with it. Now I only need to solve the routing problem. Once again thank you. It's very helpful.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 5:58 PM
That routing problem sounds like unlinked roads. One of the users here is knows for taking Worlds and updating all the botched pathfinding probems. Maybe see if they have one for Sunlit tides? (I think I saw one, as I do browse TS3 downloads every now and then for my own amusment)
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 5:46 AM
That would be EllaCharmed, but doesn't look like she's done Sunlit Tides: http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...showType=1&gs=0

To some extent I think this issue is inherent in that world design, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 11:52 PM
Hello. I'm really sorry for the late reply as I am a bit busy with work these past few weeks. Anyway, thanks for all the responses and Srikandi was right, EllaCharmed didn't make routing fixes for Sunlit Tides. So I'm still struggling a little bit with the problem although lately it somehow appears to be happening last often but it still happening. Anymore suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 4:17 PM
Hi again. Somehow, and I swear to god I don't know how it happens but after testing the game again, it looks like the problem has gone by itself. Everything is fine now so thanks again for all the help and I leave this thread to be closed by the moderator. Thank you.