Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#151 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 10:36 PM
My usual 10min save loaded in less than 3min... It definitely helps! I'm ecstatic.
Advertisement
Scholar
#152 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 11:16 PM Last edited by ElaineNualla : 11th Aug 2021 at 11:24 PM. Reason: doubleposting
I dusted off my old Win7 machine (with old HDD no SSD) just for this fancy new stuff.

it loaded the game itself (I have got the everything) much faster.

it loaded the save almost twice as fast (for the GardenGnome's sake, WTF this game was doing the whole time?)
the build/buy mode interface, colour wheel and outfits were MUCH faster.

While the actual playing I did not observed any big difference but it was an old, messy save. And I have got a lot of broken, outdated or just overtaxing CC. And the machine is kinda ancient (i3 Sandy Bridge generation with GT520M GPU).

Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
TBH, I doubt it's possible, since it would need to recompile the game from source code. Which I doubt that EA will publish any time soon. But I suppose EA itself could do it.

that's actually more complicated than "just recompile". Not even taking into account the mess in the code (result of the EA's mismanagement - it was worse and worse with each expansion, though in TS4 they nailed this approach at last from the very beginning )

well, we can still dream, though.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Scholar
#153 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 12:01 AM
I said it would need a recompile, not that it's necessarily JUST a recompile. As in, the recompile is the minimum baseline. But yes, it most certainly CAN get more complicated, depending on how badly it's coded.
Instructor
#154 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 6:42 AM
Well considering it is EA it is likely really really really bad (possibly even a few more really's).
Mad Poster
#155 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
I said it would need a recompile, not that it's necessarily JUST a recompile. As in, the recompile is the minimum baseline. But yes, it most certainly CAN get more complicated, depending on how badly it's coded.

Proof-in-point, you can look at the Mac 64-bit Sims 3 port.

64-bit doesn't inherently lead to better performance if everything else isn't able to take advantage of it!
Forum Resident
#156 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Proof-in-point, you can look at the Mac 64-bit Sims 3 port.

64-bit doesn't inherently lead to better performance if everything else isn't able to take advantage of it!

Yeah, especially with TS3's internal systems being such a mess. At most, all 64 bit is really going to do is give the game more RAM to access effectively.

And with only skeleton crews handling anything to do with the game nowadays, people who probably know the bare minimum to recompile it compared to the dev team that worked on it for years. If the Mac 64 bit patch and its issues are anything to go by, I'll just take my setup as is. I've got it as optimized as it possibly can be, and I don't know that I want them anywhere near it with their current track record nowadays.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#157 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 7:15 AM
EA: Hey everyone, Patch 2.01 is out and TS3 for Windows is 64-bit now. And good news, we found the original EP4 development team, locked them in a room, and finally got them to fix the Generations adults in the household take a free vacation glitch so the teens can party safely without breaking the game!

Everyone Else: Uhm, yeah. So what's the bad news?

EA: Well, we broke everything else. But who cares, right? I mean, party on!

Everyone Else:
Right, thanks. Got it. (and quietly goes back to playing on 1.67/69)
Test Subject
#158 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 4:46 PM
Hello guys! First I must say this improved my enjoyment of the game so much more!

Is 1000 the max it can go? I have a beefy CPU soo..
Forum Resident
#159 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 6:00 PM
Plase how does this patch work? I have a millions of cc and I barely see a difference at the very first load not the second one. My game is so much in pain.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Scholar
#160 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
Plase how does this patch work? I have a millions of cc and I barely see a difference at the very first load not the second one. My game is so much in pain.

I'm not a modder so somebody else will have to answer how it works for you, but just a reminder that the highest setting are not necessarily the best for your game. I have mine set at 400 instead of 1000. I am playing in Aurora Skies and it seems to work well on that setting. Also I have 15.1 gb in my mods folder and another 2gb in my downloads folder...so high cc levels. You really have to keep on top of organizing it at those levels.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Forum Resident
#161 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
I'm not a modder so somebody else will have to answer how it works for you, but just a reminder that the highest setting are not necessarily the best for your game. I have mine set at 400 instead of 1000. I am playing in Aurora Skies and it seems to work well on that setting. Also I have 15.1 gb in my mods folder and another 2gb in my downloads folder...so high cc levels. You really have to keep on top of organizing it at those levels.

That's okay I have to myself to set the mod to find the best balance that's alright? hmm that's complicated I am under in matter of computer settings etc.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
Test Subject
#162 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 5:54 PM
@demeth 0 is the highest it goes, I believe. There’s really not that much of a difference, though. It is not recommended to set it to 0. I have mine set to 500 and don’t plan on going higher. This mainly improves the speed of UI and refresh timing across the game it seems(?), From how I see it you’re really going to start getting diminishing returns higher than 500-600.

@luciesims make sure you’re merging your CC. Without merging CC your game will be super laggy, and you’ll see a lot of object pop-ins and lag across the world when turning the camera etc. i don’t like to have more than 40 files in my actual mod folder.
Forum Resident
#163 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 7:31 PM
@dockamorpher : Hello and thank you for the answer . I always got my cc merged no worries. I actually found some troubles in my mods/packages file. I had duplicates. I am working on these hopefully at least I hope it stops my game to close itself when I am on cas without a warning.

Scholar
#164 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 10:10 AM
BTW, I decided to take a stopwatch to loading my Riverview file, for curiosity sake. Also loaded it a couple of times before measuring, so everything would be in the Windows file cache (set to large system cache.)

- VSync ON, i.e., limited to 120 FPS: both vanilla and TPS=1000 load in 1:56 minutes

- VSync OFF (which is the Game's normal setting), i.e., pointlessly rendering between 500 and 3500 fps during the loading screen, most of the time around 1500 or so: loads in 1:58 minutes

So TPS doesn't make a difference for loading the game, but having to render the loading screen 10+ times more often does seem to slightly limit how much time it can dedicate to actually loading the game.
Test Subject
#165 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 11:23 PM
I can't seem to get this mod to work for me. I have mods and cc and my game runs normally through cc magic. I applied this mod, but no matter how many times I edit the txt file my game loads and immediately goes to not responding. I don't know what to do, I would love for this to work to help with my CAS, but I am at a lost.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 6:44 PM
Hello can I use this with 3booter?
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frecklebeans

Indeed you can citizen! I've been using 3booter with Smoothness Patch for the past week now and it works just great.

It doesn't work very well with the FPS limiter though. I had to remove all files for that to make Sims 3 boot properly. I mean, it booted, but it took forever.
Top Secret Researcher
#168 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by antionette1996
I can't seem to get this mod to work for me. I have mods and cc and my game runs normally through cc magic. I applied this mod, but no matter how many times I edit the txt file my game loads and immediately goes to not responding. I don't know what to do, I would love for this to work to help with my CAS, but I am at a lost.

Do you launch the game through CCMagic? That is probably the problem.
Forum Resident
#169 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 7:45 PM Last edited by LucieSims : 20th Apr 2022 at 7:57 PM.
Oops I am so late. So I was very angry at that patch before nobody told me I could increase the delay value from 500 to 1.000 and perhaps more I don't know... except of that, they let me insulting and raging because it broke my game with this little settings (of course it broke my game it could bear more) ...people are so helpful nowadays. They only care of the bad mood instead of being over and helping people anyways...
I was angry because despite of the merging packages ( so I always did this except currently for my current new buy/building folder I perhaps have duplicates not detected by the Dashboard so I am prudent) nothing changed now I reinstalled the patch i drastically reduced the number of buy/build cc to the few maxis match availible and the store... I see some changing (eg : when I select an object from the buy catalog it turns super fast around itself I never saw that before lol, 1 second to access to a catalog icon) but perhaps 1.000 is not enough...I don't know how dealing with my computer I am lost lol.

Forum Resident
#170 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frecklebeans

Yes you can .

Page 7 of 7