Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Urban Reflections Part 2: The Glass Elevator

by macarossi Posted 2nd Aug 2006 at 9:18 PM - Updated 25th Aug 2007 at 8:27 PM by macarossi

186 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 170 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Mad Poster
#51 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 9:24 AM
This is wonderful!!! Thank you, I've been needing this for my skyscrapers! :D
Field Researcher
#52 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simfanatic3
I've been waiting so long to get something like this!
Thanks

Wow!!! I make your words mine, Simfanatic3!

Thanks, Macarossi!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Field Researcher
#53 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 10:32 AM
You've answered my prayers for elevators just like these! Thanks for sharing them --- they're amazing. :lovestruc

Once a tightly-furled bud, the house was slowly revealing itself to him, its petals unfolding to expose its secret beauty. ~When Shadows Whisper, P.1|Part 4|MSR Story List & FAQ|MSR Graphics
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 11:19 AM
Default oh wow
this is so cool ... Thanks so much
Field Researcher
#55 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 12:47 PM
Wowzers! When I saw this, the first thing I thought of was the Willy Wonka remake. Very nice!

Like a flea circus at a dog show!
Field Researcher
#56 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:22 PM
That's reeeally cool! Thanks a bunch for this
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:58 PM Last edited by joe_debock : 5th Aug 2006 at 5:03 AM. Reason: Up date
Default Glass elevator
Installed it in my game and place it on maxis brick foundation and the game froze, clicked to escape and it crashed. anyone else experianced this,

Removing it and all my downs loads the game now crashes with all maxis already placed elevators in use on existing lots, clicking on the build panel select another to build on another new lot causes the the application to crash. Problem with elevators only.

I read that one cannot mix your with maxis, dose this mean to remove the maxis ons first totally, if so how, or as I interpreted it not to use and mix both on the same lot.

It looks that the only way I can fix at the moment this is to reinstall my game.

After about a nine hour search discovered that Numenors walls have a problem with elevators, by removing the updated wall script and replacing it with games orignal all is well and the glass one works a treat. Now I have to talk to Numenor, cannot live with out those wall mods.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 2:05 PM
¡wou! ¡great job!!!

"la alegría y la tristeza son inseparables" K.Gibran
Test Subject
#59 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 2:49 PM
Very nice! This will be really cool in some of my Sim's lots and houses!

Proud to run Vista
Field Researcher
#60 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 3:37 PM
Wow..looks super cool. Love it. Thank you
Test Subject
#61 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 5:12 PM
I'm a HUGE fan of transparent/glass stuff and this so far is my favorite!!
Awesome! LOL Totally reminds me of The Wonka-Vator!!
Much appreciation and thanks!!
Instructor
#62 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 5:32 PM
It's very cool. You did a great job. I like glass elevators very much. Thank you.

My projects: Vorkosigan Saga (comming soon) Maria Evgenija Veronica Guild Wars posters
537665746F736C61762052756D656E6F76205361766F76
One Sim to rule them all, One Sim to find them,One Sim to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Test Subject
#63 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 5:33 PM
It's so cooooooooooooool Thank you for sharing!!
Test Subject
#64 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 6:20 PM
You said you're a complete noob...well if you're a noob then I want to be a noob just like you. Excellent work !!
Field Researcher
#65 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 6:44 PM
this looks really great, nice job

Adicta a los Sims xD (parece que no soy la unica!!:P)
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 7:35 PM
And again a perfect work from you .Thanks.
Test Subject
#67 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Senacharim
Your download changed my life. I was on the wrong path, but when I saw this...

No wait, wrong message.

--I was completely enchanted up until the "cannot use this elevator in combination with the original Maxis ones"

So, I need two complete elevator sets to use this? What, did you stop half-way?

Le sigh. Graphically, it's beautiful, and congratulations are in order. Soon as its done, I look forward to getting it.

What? It means you cannot stack a Maxian elevator above or below this one, because of the size difference (and probably the effect of the elevator being clear on one floor and covered the next). I see nothing wrong with this personally.
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 8:36 PM
Sensational! Thanks for sharing this!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 10:59 PM
This elevator s exactly what ive been waiting for but i wish maxis made elvator animations better so u couls see the elevator moves inside the glass but there nothing more you could of done about it. I tested i quickly and think it is very good looking and modern. Good work !!
Test Subject
#70 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 11:29 PM
Normally, nobody is told s.th. like this by me, but I have to: YOU ARE GENIUS !!!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 12:22 AM
These look awesome!

Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Test Subject
#72 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 12:30 AM
Are you also working on this whithout doors? I also need this...
Test Subject
#73 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 1:59 AM
Definitely beats what I've currently done with placing windows on all or outside wall of a building in an attempt to make "glass elevators" with the Maxis elevators. Clearly, this is elegant improvement that many of us have been waiting for.

Like Nyrio, I wonder, are you going to be making glass shafts?

Why jump on the guy who wants clear glass on some levels and not others and is unhappy he can't mix and match these with Maxis? I have buildings where glass wouldn't be the best choice aesthetically for every floor, so yes, a Maxis compatable and sized option that I could place with one side or more touching an exterior wall of a building, is desirable.
However, I'm going to download this impressive mod and use it and live with not having my cake and eating it, too.
Noob is a poorly proportioned recolor of a painting or even worse, crummy resolution wallpaper that doesn't tile. Okay, so there's been newbies that have made some nice object, etc. recolors, but this obviously is beyond that. Thanks for your hard work, I really appreciate it.
Test Subject
#74 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 2:47 AM
it's great!!! i love it !!!! hope u're going to make more objects like this!!!
Test Subject
#75 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 4:29 AM Last edited by htdang1 : 4th Aug 2006 at 4:30 AM. Reason: typographical error!
Thanks! I dunno why Maxis didn't think to make one...
Page 3 of 8