Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#16701 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 10:47 AM
Advertisement
Scholar
#16702 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 7:02 PM
Field Researcher
#16703 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 4:43 AM
Scholar
#16704 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 1:29 PM
Scholar
#16705 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 9:21 AM
Field Researcher
#16706 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 8:53 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 16th Jan 2021 at 6:23 AM.
This was going to be a double update, but it was 8,000 words long so here's the first half of the 'graduation night' story. Probably not as dramatic as it sounds, but I enjoyed writing it. Happy 2021, ya'll!

Sparrow Legacy 2.0 Jyoti the Younger

Christmas was great, Heather! Good to see you on here! Also Skygal keeping it 1,000 with her post frequency! And Nuts, you never change, you. I will read everythiiiiing. God bless everyone this year, regardless of circumstances (hope you don't mind me saying that), and stay your simmy playing selves. :3

I've also randomly decided that a great 'quarantine' activity is to cook through my entire betty crocker cookbook (but I think it's at least 500 recipes). I'm going to roll a die for which category I make from each week, and then bake/grill/sautee/decorate my way through them one by one.
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Scholar
#16707 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 11:48 AM
Field Researcher
#16708 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 7:43 PM
Part 2 of the graduation night story. It's light hearted and fun, for anyone in the mood for things less dramatic than this story has been for a long time. Also, we got jokes. because I can't take anything seriously for a long time, and neither can my game.

After Tonight, the World
Screenshots

Scholar
Original Poster
#16709 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 9:36 PM Last edited by NutsAndDolts : 21st Jan 2021 at 9:18 PM.
Update for my AP legacy: 2.6 The Game Clock

Edit: and another: 2.7 Cannot Apprecaiate Fashion
Scholar
#16710 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 1:22 PM
Scholar
#16711 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 1:00 PM
Scholar
Original Poster
#16712 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 8:48 PM
New chapter up: 2.8 Building is Condemned

@Frogsnack How's the cookbook project coming? Anything awesome? I was baking a lot at the start of the plague, like everybody else, but then I kinda lost the will to do anything more complex than operating the rice cooker, and that box of banana nut muffin mix has been sitting next to my stove for months.

Maybe I'll do something about that today.
Field Researcher
#16713 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts

@Frogsnack How's the cookbook project coming? Anything awesome? I was baking a lot at the start of the plague, like everybody else, but then I kinda lost the will to do anything more complex than operating the rice cooker, and that box of banana nut muffin mix has been sitting next to my stove for months.

Maybe I'll do something about that today.

No harm in making a mix if it'll get you cookin! And who doesn't love banana nut muffins! One of my favorite muffins is actually cranberry (I think it's like blueberry but you use cranberries in stead, a really great sour/ refreshing muffin for after a meal). I've never made them though. :/

Well I don't want to bias my favorite categories of food, so I rolled a die for the category for the first week and got a salad, LOL. Mandarins oranges and a few almond slices I can handle. But I may well fail if I end up with something like a lobster or crab, which I refuse to kill. I might reroll on those. But I did organize my pantry pretty well and finally have bread flour and the the right kind of yeast for bread so I'm excited to roll that soon.

My husband made something much better from a cooking show online (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN-bLP2B8f4)- Garlic and ginger paste that you ferment for a week. It's amaaazing in the stew we're having tonight. Me, I'm throwing canned oranges on a salad xD I recommend the channel, they have a lot of great programs including one where a gourmet chef tries to remake popular candies.

Scholar
#16714 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 11:05 AM
Field Researcher
#16715 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 3:52 PM
...has anybody had this sort of thing before? My sim is getting nearly 300 points for a pure reputation? He's overly emotional, I wonder if that counts for more, and it's a typo in the game. I have another sim in the same house who is getting 20 points for the same thing.

Sorry this wasn't a post to read xP
Screenshots

Scholar
Original Poster
#16716 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 11:23 PM
I've had that moodlet show up before. The wiki has a write up about it: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Reputation

There are several listed there that I have never seen. (Can anyone telling me why "Natasha" is their female version of "Casanova"? I don't get the reference.)

I have two updates again...

Lawful Chaotic 3.5: https://awfulchaotic.blogspot.com/2020/05/35.html

Lawful Chaotic 3.6: https://awfulchaotic.blogspot.com/2...stractions.html
Field Researcher
#16717 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
I've had that moodlet show up before. The wiki has a write up about it: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Reputation

I mean that instead of the moodlet giving +20 mood, my guy is getting +272 mood (in the post above).

Here is the normal one I get below. I get these all the time as apparently I never let my sims break up and they always makeout in public for days, or something. Which is weird, because for a while there my sims only ever got romantic in the bathroom xD

Love that wiki though, I'd forgotten about most of the romance options as I never get them.

About Natasha, I wondered too, but I found out it may be from the slang for European prostitute in Turkey? Seems kind of general though, when Casanova is a real character/ story. I have found Natasha to allude to this in rap lyrics. It would also be surprising if Sims, a game which won't use the proper terms for alcohol because of ratings concerns, would actually ever allude to prostitution.
https://www.behindthename.com/name/...20and%20Ukraine.)

Actually, I've never read the novel, but Natasha may be a character from War and Peace who falls in love easily (has several intended partners, elopement which falls through, etc), which I would find more likely from the EA/Maxis crew as Casanova is based on a historical story of a real person from similar times in Europe (off by decades though, in the 1700s-1800s) who was romantic with many women, but not for money really. I couldn't find an official explanation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natasha_Rostova
Screenshots

Scholar
Original Poster
#16718 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 9:11 PM Last edited by NutsAndDolts : 11th Feb 2021 at 8:02 PM.
Hmm... maybe the overly-emotional bonus multiplier for moodlets is broken in your favor for that specific one.

While I don't think EA is above referencing prostitution, I doubt that's what they were going for, lol. War and Peace reference is a possibility though. I've never read it either.

Editing to wrap up Quills gen 2: 2.9 Calls Like These
Scholar
#16719 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 1:55 PM
Scholar
#16720 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 10:27 AM
Field Researcher
#16721 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 5:24 AM
Pretty funny if that's the over-emotional trait kicking in. He's so emotional from loving his partner. That's cute.
I've been cooking a lot in my crockpot over the past year. But I just started eating a mediterranean style salad that I can throw together easily so that's become my go-to.

Update: 10.19 "Fraught Funeral"
Scholar
#16722 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 10:18 AM
Scholar
#16723 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 11:07 AM
Field Researcher
#16724 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 12:04 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 12th Mar 2021 at 6:46 PM.
Not sure if this post counts as lazy, seeing as it took me so long to put together. It feels lazy, but took awhile. Trip to China, glitches, and a bachelor party.

2.02 All About It

Scholar
#16725 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 11:14 AM
Page 669 of 676