Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 9:09 PM
Default Things you hope you won't see in Seasons
So let's discuss here things we're afraid to have come along with Seaons.
Why? Even the greatest expansion packs e.g. Seasons could have flaws (let's not stop blaming EA).
And i made my own list:
-Crash due to video/graphic card while snowing/raining.
-Weather related glitches
-game lagging (Slowness) especially during a weather change
-Unfixed bugs with Seasons' patch.
Seems like EA should pay more attention to The Sims :/

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 9:24 PM
Sims having to stop whatever the fuck they're doing because OH SWEET HOLY SHIT IS THAT SOME SNOW?!
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 9:30 PM
As long as my game doesn't crash, lag badly or bug due to the weather changes, I'll be happy. Even if they do stop whatever they're doing for snow, I'm fairly certain that there will be a mod for that eventually.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 9:47 PM
Weather that, on low draw distance, means that you have to wait for snow/other effects to load.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Sims having to stop whatever the fuck they're doing because OH SWEET HOLY SHIT IS THAT SOME SNOW?!

^ This.
This is the main reason that I got sick of Seasons in TS2 quickly. My sims would be doing something stupid and unimportant like, say, eating, and they'd drop what they were doing to look at the rain..
._.'
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 10:21 PM
And throughout the night, my Sims would gather a collection of look out the window look out the window look out the window look out the window look out the window look out the window look out the window like their life depended on it.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 10:27 PM Last edited by HarVee : 3rd Oct 2012 at 10:39 PM.
Spontaneous combustion of any kind... It's not funny when a Sim randomly bursts into flames because they're "hot".

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 10:41 PM
Required walls in attic rooms. I always hated that change in TS2 Seasons. I'd make an adorable attic nursery sans walls, and my simbaby would turn blue within a winter hour.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 10:52 PM
Penguins.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 12:00 AM Last edited by SommarBlomma : 4th Oct 2012 at 9:24 PM.
I hope that sims won't wear outerwear indoors. In TS2 Seasons it was quite irritating when sims ate at someone's house or in a cafe with their gloves on. They seemed to never change from outerwear to everyday outfit when entering community buildings. I hope this won't be the case in TS3. However, there's always Master Controller to force them wear proper clothes... Also, I don't want terrible lag and dramatic raise of requirements to run Seasons.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 1:51 AM
Hoping for less rain. Rain is great, but it seems like it rains ALL THE TIME in TS2 with Seasons. Hoping we don't get some silly issue like rain coming through the special roofs, like the domed ones. Likewise, hope that a FLOOR can stop rain below it! Sometimes, a flat-topped building is a nice thing. Or a modded one, with some specially sloped floor. In TS2, those get rained in. Not a good thing. Covered should be covered. Yeah, for non-walled attics, too!

Also, hoping for less issues with the sims and the weather. Things like freezing, sunburn (seen that with one NOT outside before in TS2), etc. Slower effects from weather would be nice. Never saw the point of outdoor clothing if they still freeze.

Have to agree on the "stop and look at the weather" business! Had sleeping sims that had three of those things pop up before. Annoying!

Kinda liked the penguins....:D
Mad Poster
#12 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes649
Have to agree on the "stop and look at the weather" business! Had sleeping sims that had three of those things pop up before. Annoying!

If my [usually absolutely abysmal] memory finally serves me right, some of my Sims had their entire action cue filled up with CHECK THE FUCK OUT OF THAT WEATHER, OMFG. Or if not entirely, then pretty bloody close. You only need to check it once, Mr Stupid Sim!

Quote: Originally posted by aGOLDENbox
Penguins.

Aww man but the penguins were so cute and awesome and you could pet it and love it and call it Fluffs! Everyone wants a penguin called Fluffs. I refuse to believe otherwise.

Quote: Originally posted by sweetswami77
Required walls in attic rooms. I always hated that change in TS2 Seasons. I'd make an adorable attic nursery sans walls, and my simbaby would turn blue within a winter hour.

Wait what? I don't remember attics!
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 5:31 PM
Sunks, the weahther and controls are awkard to control through mulitple goes. Another world with a something from the night sky in the name like moonlihght or starlight.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Theorist
#14 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 9:28 PM
The Spooky Day costumes spawned on random NPCs. Apparently the Origin pre-order costumes for Pets were valid for the random category, so I'd hate to see that be the case for all the Seasons costumes too.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 11:55 PM
1) Game crashes or lags caused by weather.
2) Game crashes or lags caused by festivals.
3) Game crashes or lags caused by holidays.
4) Game crashes or lags caused by changing objects.
5) Game crashes or lags caused by season-based activities.
6) Game crashes or lags caused by the new built tools.
7) Game crashes or lags caused by anything else.

^ Those are the things I hope not to see.

Oh yeah, and I hope it doesn't conflict with custom sky settings in custom worlds.
Scholar
#16 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 11:58 PM
@ Zerbu...

Dream on
Forum Resident
#17 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Wait what? I don't remember attics!

Sure, there were attics! You just need a space as tall as a wall under a roof for Sims to be able to access the space under it. It's not usually very big, but it's perfect for nurseries for small offices.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#18 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 12:41 AM
We already have Sims dropping what they are doing and freaking out just because it's a full moon. I'm sure the lot could be on fire, zombies could be swarming, a burglar could be robbing you, and your roomie could be electrocuting themselves, all at once, and still your Sim will be all "OMG WEATHER PATTERNS!"
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 2:00 AM
People wants their weather effect to be amazing and pretty, yet still mad when their graphic card/chip cant support it and crashes the game.

Lulz.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 2:54 AM
A lack of baby/toddler/child activities and interactions.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 3:38 AM
Having to avoid Winter like the plague because of the snow. I just EA is going to screw the snow up. I just know it.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
People wants their weather effect to be amazing and pretty, yet still mad when their graphic card/chip cant support it and crashes the game.

Lulz.

Ill settle for blue lines for rain and white dots for snow just assuming they actually work, Id be happier than an all singing all dancing glitterati of shimmering snowflakes and glistening raindrops that I never get to see because EA can't code regardless of what graphics card I buy.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 3:56 AM
I didn't want a Seasons EP for Sims 3 because of lag of weather generating over the whole world. My computer lagged enough generating weather on one lot in Sims 2 and one Sims 2 lot is a lot smaller than a whole world in Sims 3.

I don't want my game to lag as weather generates, but it probably will big time.

I had a mod to stop the stupid "OMG weather" reaction from knocking out the entire queue, and EA will probably put that crap in Core mod territory.

I don't want my Sims to Freeze or Over heat, and I doubt it will be as easy to create mods to stop it. I had a mod to stop the freezing and combustion.
Eminence Grise
#24 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I didn't want a Seasons EP for Sims 3 because of lag of weather generating over the whole world.

Seems like your solution is to skip this EP :O You don't have to get it, you know!
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#25 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 4:49 AM
Anyway, didn't I read somewhere that the weather effects will be dependant somehow on what Graphics card you have? So, while it may produce some lag, it supposedly won't have that much of an effect on your game?
Page 1 of 4