Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
So what you're saying is, "E.T. Phone Home?"
...THIS deserves more appreciation.
Nice one.

I think I've played about 8 Sim weeks with Seasons and haven't been abducted once, so I have no relevant comment to make to the thread, sadly. I'll go away now and dejectedly hunt for aliens. Whilst secretly hoping I don't find them. My Sims have far too many risky kids already.

Intersecting modular stairs.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 11:38 PM
I can not seem to get my male sim pregnant with an alien baby! I have tried every single known trick to increase my odds (space rocks in my inventory, 12-3, using the telescope...) but in his whole YA and Adult lifespan he was abducted twice...and no pregnancy either time.

and lemme tell ya, I had him out every single night trying to get abducted...

siigghhhh

honestly...the things you have to do to get an alien baby in this game!
Scholar
#103 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 11:44 PM
You must be trying too hard. I had one sim I wanted abducted. Couldn't attract an alien to save her life. Current family wants no part of the Alien experience. Dad's been abducted twice, Mom once (from the dance floor no less), teen daughter once.

First time dad was abducted, I was so pissed off I just control clicked the moodlet, so I'm not sure if he was impregnated. The second time, his wife the witch-alchemist created the Sims MX potion to get rid of any alien nastiness. He did indeed need it.

I swear, this game has a way of figuring out what you want and conspiring to prevent you from getting it!
Mad Poster
#104 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre

I swear, this game has a way of figuring out what you want and conspiring to prevent you from getting it!

From one extreme to the other for me. Too many abductions and they don't stop. Never in moderation, always to the extreme in doing interactions. Ugh.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#105 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 10:50 AM
Oh, and Dad's second abduction was after I installed the mod to decrease alien abductions... One more again, and the mod to stop all alien abductions is going in.
Instructor
#106 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I was playing my family in Monte Vista and in the first 3 days, my male was abducted. He didn't do anything, no collection of space rocks and no usage of the telescope. Didn't have much of a garden, was just starting one. So he became the host and I was excited, wanted to keep the munchkin. While the alien baby was just 2 days old, my male sim was abducted again (never touched the telescope) and ended up hosting again. Let him have that baby but sent it back to the alien world, the sim's wife just had a baby too. About 5 days later my male sim was abducted again and hosting. This time I just Ctrl+Shift clicked and took the moodlet out. No more alien babies. Went to simsasylum to get the less alien abduction mod too. I don't mind the abductions but now it was getting ridiculous, in only a way EA can get it.

I wish this would happen to me. For some reason I can't see any Aliens in my game and neighborhoods... I took out a few mods already and also NRaas Master Controller, afterwards the male Sim got abducted in the 2nd night. Since then nothing anymore... I even installed a higher chance for pregnancy, but nothing... They wont come back. For some strange reason. I also installed Blue's "More abductions mod" but nothing ever happens, not even a visit to earth... I don't know what's wrong with my game, and why some people get so many abductions even without any mod...
Field Researcher
#107 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 3:06 PM
I see I am the only one who can't catch an alien. I saw one of them only once, they are rare guests. No mods that are meant to change alien behaviour are installed. I'm not a fun of supernaturals, but aliens even kinda intrigue me, as they're hard to find (well... in my game).
Alchemist
#108 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 7:57 PM
HEY... I did not put that stupid picture there! We are hacked!!!
Ah, April fool. Stupid me.
Test Subject
#109 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 1:52 AM
The EYES!!!
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Ok, wait, is the person in the white suit poking themselves in their glowing eyes supposed to be the alien? If that's EAs alien, I'm going to be really pissed. I thought we would get real aliens (well, not like the movie Alien, but you know, big heads, eyes, little body, 3 fingers, grey or green). That's just some sim with glowy eyes in a cheap spacesuit.

In the Exchange, all aliens are really just humans. In CAS, an alien's species name is still "human" unlike the simbot or the mummy.

Furthermore, it's nearly impossible to get rid of those black eyes.

Most people appear to like them and this is why I can't seem to find a solution for them, but I HATE them. At least, for my female humanoid aliens that I try to make.

I want an alien girl who doesn't have the ugly looking all-black eyes. But, the only solution that I have been able to find is only temporary. Many times, the black eyes return after you load the game.

I'm inclined to either leave as a human or as an alien and forget about it.
Test Subject
#110 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 1:13 PM
It just suddenly shows up sometimes when sims are about to sleep
Test Subject
#111 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 5:15 PM
I had an alien randomly come visit my house. He dropped down from his spaceship and walked up to my door and rang the doorbell at 3 in the morning. He has done this twice now. My sim didn't look into any telescopes or anything but she is in the science career track. I didn't know aliens would come visit you randomly. I thought you had to look through telescopes.
Page 5 of 5